g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NFL 2023

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Got the same email and was thinking the exact same thing, how is that a positive ffs :lol: Was hoping to see a download feature for Game in 40 but nothing about that.

I'm gonna resubscribe though, it did all I needed it to do this season and apart from the download function, didn't notice any differences compared to previous years. The sound was off in some Game in 40s in the beginning of the season but that was fixed as from the middle of October or something.
Don’t think I’ll be bothering again, I haven’t really missed it to be honest with RedZone being on Sky Sports anyway.

Playoffs is the painful bit putting up with Neil Reynolds.

Charlie Foley

Just had an email from DAZN telling me they’ve made improvements to Game Pass and I should consider resubscribing, one of the things they list as a benefit of their service is “Experience games with US commercials, official halftime shows and analysis”.

Yay commercials!
That is hilarious. Reminds me of the Bill Burr(?) thing about when you go to Super Bowl parties and people talk through the game and then shut up to watch the commercials

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Just had an email from DAZN telling me they’ve made improvements to Game Pass and I should consider resubscribing, one of the things they list as a benefit of their service is “Experience games with US commercials, official halftime shows and analysis”.

Yay commercials!
I watched that for about 30 seconds the other night. 6 or 7 of them standing in a line, why the feck is there so many? Imagine Keane, Neville, Carragher, Redknapp, Richards and Sturridge packed in the studio for half time analysis?

Also, Gronkowski was "reading" autocue for his stuff. The man sound clueless about the sport despite being so successful at it.

sport2793

Bollocks! Huge loss to the Wales team… always been rapid but has added some oomph and brains to his game in last year or so.

will be really interesting to see how he gets on.
Hopefully he is able to make it in the NFL, I wonder what position he'll end up playing

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I watched that for about 30 seconds the other night. 6 or 7 of them standing in a line, why the feck is there so many? Imagine Keane, Neville, Carragher, Redknapp, Richards and Sturridge packed in the studio for half time analysis?

Also, Gronkowski was "reading" autocue for his stuff. The man sound clueless about the sport despite being so successful at it.
It's not that Gronkowski is clueless its just that he doesn't give a damn. He's actually quite entertaining and amusing if you listen to him being interviewed.

...and quite knowledgeable when he has an interest in the subject matter.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Hopefully he is able to make it in the NFL, I wonder what position he'll end up playing
Not sure. I think it’s really difficult to play NFL unless you’ve grown up playing American Football but he’s a bright kid and positionally, WR probably nearest to a Union winger and his size… 6’ 3”, 15 stone.

He did a timed 100m for a sponsor, one handed start 10.4. Think he’d get that down a bit with focussed sprint training. Very good at speed (running with ball in hand, cuts, tight changes of direction), intuitive, sees space. Huge loss to us.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Surely he'll be going for RB? Can't imagine a WR getting significant snaps in the NFL if you don't have any experience at 22 - not only with running routes, blocking or catching the football, but not even any experience with literally an NFL football itself. There's a decent amount of players who were good college WRs who end up useless / without a team in the NFL after a few years, let alone someone transitioning from a completely different sport.

Surely he'll be going for RB? Can't imagine a WR getting significant snaps in the NFL if you don't have any experience at 22 - not only with running routes, blocking or catching the football, but not even any experience with literally an NFL football itself. There's a decent amount of players who were good college WRs who end up useless / without a team in the NFL after a few years, let alone someone transitioning from a completely different sport.
Yeah, said it’s really hard to pick it up if not played it growing up ( though rugby is probably closest sport in some skill sets) and as I said, WR just seemed to fit his stats.

Whos a 6” 3’ RB? Henry? That it?

GlasgowRedz

Quite possibly start as a punt/kick returner if he's good running with the ball.

If he impresses at that then could get more snaps at running back

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, said it’s really hard to pick it up if not played it growing up ( though rugby is probably closest sport in some skill sets) and as I said, WR just seemed to fit his stats.

Whos a 6” 3’ RB? Henry? That it?
Just had a quick look: only two RBs at 6'3 (Henry and Latavius Murray) and three at 6'2 (Patterson, Antonio Gibson and Roschon Johnson). 5'9 - 6'1 seems to be the ideal size, but outliers exist.

Quite possibly start as a punt/kick returner if he's good running with the ball.

Good point - hadn't thought about special teams, of course you need to be able to catch a football coming down as well, and do it consistently and be reliable with it first.

Yeah, that was my (realistic) thought. Has the similarity of RZ attacking an advancing line, though he’d be more central (more like a centre or fullback really)… look for the gap, cut, go. Thing is he’s young, try it, doesn’t work, come back, pretty much every club would have him.

Funny that Henry seems huge when I watch him but same height as RZ who’s not a giant in modern rugby Union.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Massive fecking email from DAZN celebrating improvements (also known as bringing back things which were on the previous version) - and of course, no mention of downloads :lol:

Good point - hadn't thought about special teams, of course you need to be able to catch a football coming down as well, and do it consistently and be reliable with it first.
The catching would be easy. Playing Union, he’s spent all his career dealing with huge spiral bombs and under pressure… NFL kicks are for distance, into the chest, no IMMEDIATE pressure.

Whether he could then do something with it is another matter….

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Strange one with Rees-Zammit. Might end up a bit like Christian Wade, who never saw the field in a competitive game in the NFL. I'm not quite sure he has the body type for it, he's not small and agile enough to fit through the gaps an NFL RB needs to find, and probably not as strong as the big power guys who can batter their way through.

Someone like Shane Williams would have made a hell of an NFL RB.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Would've liked to see him on another team.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Just had a quick look: only two RBs at 6'3 (Henry and Latavius Murray) and three at 6'2 (Patterson, Antonio Gibson and Roschon Johnson). 5'9 - 6'1 seems to be the ideal size, but outliers exist.
Lower center of gravity me thinks, and more compact frame and build. There have been some beasts at 6'2+ though like Eric Dickerson, Eddie Georgie, Franco Harris, John Riggins and OJ Simpson.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Lower center of gravity me thinks, and more compact frame and build. There have been some beasts at 6'2+ though like Eric Dickerson, Eddie Georgie, Franco Harris, John Riggins and OJ Simpson.
You both are forgetting about my favorite running back and freak of nature of all time: Brandon Jacobs. Man was an absolute beast to the point they even had him on Discovery i believe to show how much force the impact would be if you d get hit by the guy at full speed (it was something equivalent to getting hit by a truck).

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You both are forgetting about my favorite running back and freak of nature of all time: Brandon Jacobs. Man was an absolute beast to the point they even had him on Discovery i believe to show how much force the impact would be if you d get hit by the guy at full speed (it was something equivalent to getting hit by a truck).
Just checked him out, was just before my time following the NFL. 6'4 240lbs measurements, I think that's what Brock Bowers currently is coming out as a TE :lol:

Some big bodied RBs in this upcoming draft as well. Braelon Allen is 6'3 245lbs, Trey Benson 6'1 223lbs. Rocket Sanders is also 6'2 242lbs but he's returning to college. Of course these are unofficial measurements still to be confirmed during the combine.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

This has caused quite the debate on Twitter recently. I'm of the opinion that you need to look at both analytics and film to get the best opinion of a player and his performances, but the PFF algorithm is a bit flawed imo. Don't think it sufficiently accounts for game scripts, specific situations, time management, stuff like that.

Love's PFF rating is way higher by the way because Stroud had a dropped INT, overthrew a WR for a TD and two of his 3 TD passes were screens. Or at least that's what the comments tell me.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Just checked him out, was just before my time following the NFL. 6'4 240lbs measurements, I think that's what Brock Bowers currently is coming out as a TE :lol:

Some big bodied RBs in this upcoming draft as well. Braelon Allen is 6'3 245lbs, Trey Benson 6'1 223lbs. Rocket Sanders is also 6'2 242lbs but he's returning to college. Of course these are unofficial measurements still to be confirmed during the combine.
Yeah man was a brute. I can understand the benefit of being smaller bc Jacobs in some ways had too much stress being placed on his body but he was still mighty impressive at his peak. Won two Superbowls and would almost literally run through and over people with sheer force. Found the documentary I was referring to by the way. A pretty interesting watch for anyone interested in the physicality of the NFL..IM pretty sure it was a full episode but only found this clip so far:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
First ballot HOFer.
Kinda disputed the retirement claims as well today on the new New Heights episode, although I think it's just covering up some stuff and him wanting to go out and announce it on his own time.

Oldyella

Kinda disputed the retirement claims as well today on the new New Heights episode, although I think it's just covering up some stuff and him wanting to go out and announce it on his own time.
Definitely feels like it's happening and he just wants to announce it himself in a proper manner. How had he performed this year? Does he have another year in him?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Got the same email and was thinking the exact same thing, how is that a positive ffs :lol: Was hoping to see a download feature for Game in 40 but nothing about that.

I'm gonna resubscribe though, it did all I needed it to do this season and apart from the download function, didn't notice any differences compared to previous years. The sound was off in some Game in 40s in the beginning of the season but that was fixed as from the middle of October or something.
I think it's because one of the most common complaints on r/NFLUK has been DAZN playing their own ads over the US feed. Which is understandable, DAZN have about 3 adverts, so it gets kind numbing half way through a game.

Though they still plenty of DAZN ads during all the games I watched over the weekend, so it's still not great.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He was never the sharpest tool in the box when he was in NOLA either. Why would you take shots at the opposing QB right before a playoff game? :houllier:

whitbyviking

Quinn to the Seahawks and McCarthy staying would be great for the prospects of Superbowl quali from the NFC. Especially if Dak and Geno remain the starting QBs.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Quinn to the Seahawks and McCarthy staying would be great for the prospects of Superbowl quali from the NFC. Especially if Dak and Geno remain the starting QBs.
Dak Prescott will be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys next year and it's not even in question. Regardless what anyone thinks of him, Dallas doesn't really have a choice when it comes to next season. So instead the focus should be on trying to get him as much help as possible.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Jerry thinks he wants to win but he seemingly prefers continued headlines and soundbites more than anything and remains in comfort zones too often. This is a rare offseason in the NFL when multiple top class coaches and a handful of potentially great coaches are available and yet Jerry sticks with his yes man. Seemingly because he's won 36 regular season games the last three seasons despite a 1-3 playoff mark. Outstanding. Jerry wants to blame everyone in the organization, even himself, and give his HC a clean pass. That reeks of madness... better yet, a battered spouse defending his/her partner.

I'm not surprised Jerry retained McCarthy as this is the man who flirted with George Seifert and others in 1998 before hiring Chan Gailey who was on no other club's radar as a HC candidate, at least not at the time. He later fired Gailey despite consecutive playoff appearances (but 0-2 in) and gave Dave Campo a promotion solely on organizational nepotism, and suffered through three disastrous seasons. He finally seemed to realize his Jimmy firing mistake when he hired Bill Parcells but only gave him enough reign which caused issues when the Big Tuna wanted more control over personnel decisions, the breaking point when Jerry signed TO without consulting Parcells and lead to their split in 2007. Local conspiracists claim the Parcells hiring was solely to get the stadium financing deal approved as it would appear Dallas really wanted to win again and he had a big name head coach to draw national headlines.

After running Parcells out of town, he promoted Wade Phillips who had previously proven to be a meh HC (with zero playoff wins on his CV) and undermined him by hiring Jason Garrett, he of two full years as a QB coach, from Miami and paying him the same amount as his HC (and without his HC's consultation). Garrett's only qualification for hiring as the OC was his previous playing days in Dallas otherwise he'd never have been thought of by Jerry, it's not like Garrett was suddenly on the cusp of being an offensive genius in Miami. He eventually fired Phillips and promoted his golden child, Garrett, in yet another bout of organizational nepotism... and then kept him as HC for nine fecking years despite results early on showing a change was necessary. Jerry then hires the most 'meh' hiring in the club's history and the McCarthy era was born.

All these years Jerry has held full control of what assistant coaches come/stay/go, having to give approval of who the HC wants to hire. Even in the Parcells reign he forced Mike Zimmer to remain as DC and to retain a handful of defensive and special teams assistants.

Dak Prescott will be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys next year and it's not even in question. Regardless what anyone thinks of him, Dallas doesn't really have a choice when it comes to next season. So instead the focus should be on trying to get him as much help as possible.
That will be difficult when he's getting more money while the likes of Lamb and Parsons will also be seeking new deals, thus further reducing available monies to add weapons. There will be a few exits of key contributors to this team over the past few years and will need to hit homeruns in the draft and cheap free agency finds.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
That will be difficult when he's getting more money while the likes of Lamb and Parsons will also be seeking new deals, thus further reducing available monies to add weapons. There will be a few exits of key contributors to this team over the past few years and will need to hit homeruns in the draft and cheap free agency finds.
A running back and a more effective offensive scheme would help. Instead of one that crumbles as soon as it runs into zone coverage.