NFL 2023

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
For feck sakes. Was really hoping to see the Bills get through just for a change in scenery but nope. If they can’t beat the Chiefs at home, when they Chiefs are relatively this week, it’ll be a big curse to overcome. Also just goes to show how good Mahomes is.

Dan_F

Bills took all the time off the clock only to throw two end zone passes at the end. Absolute brainfade and I don’t get why this wasn’t the main message at the 2 minute warning
This. I was fully expecting Mahomes to get down the pitch anyway. Such a shame the Bills had no defence, but that won’t be the case next week. The thought of staying up till 4am to watch Mahomes win another Super Bowl is not appealing in the slightest :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Bills deserved to lose handling the clock like they did once the 2-minute warning passed. Your first thought should be "how to not give this ball back to Mahomes again", the running game was working for them all game and then they throw it twice in a row. Diggs was wide open near the first-down marker as well when he threw it into the endzone on second down.The entire game you had the feeling that whichever team would end up with the ball last, would win the game imo. And they escaped earlier as well with a horrible fake punt playcall when Hardman fumbled it into the endzone.

Would've rather had the Bills but credit where it's due, Mahomes' first playoff game away from Arrowhead and he played unfazed and was clean throughout the game.

Ravens vs Lions was my pick for SB before the POs started in terms of what I wanted to see so definitely still rooting for that, although the nightmare scenario of Chiefs vs Niners (and the prospect of rooting for Mahomes in yet another SB, yikes) is more likely, unfortunately.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The inevitably of it would be the problem.
Something to really root for though.

Think a Niners Ravens clash is shaping up to be a bit of a boring SB anyway tbh.

Carl

True something to root for.

Niners vs Ravens would be good I reckon.
Just not the style I like to watch tbh. Give me a game with 2 great offences over a game with 2 great defences any day.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just not the style I like to watch tbh. Give me a game with 2 great offences over a game with 2 great defences any day.
Understandable, an offensive back and forth is always fun, but I do enjoy a great defensive performance.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I don't understand all the negativity towards Mahomes. He seems like a decent enough guy and on the field he can be something really special. It's like watching Steph Curry play basketball. On any given day you don't know exactly what you're going to get, but there's always a chance it could be amazing. I'm not a Chiefs fan but just watching Mahomes is worth the price of admission. I hope it's the Lions vs the Chiefs. It was a great start to the season, it would be a great end as well.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I don't understand all the negativity towards Mahomes. He seems like a decent enough guy and on the field he can be something really special. It's like watching Steph Curry play basketball. On any given day you don't know exactly what you're going to get, but there's always a chance it could be amazing. I'm not a Chiefs fan but just watching Mahomes is worth the price of admission. I hope it's the Lions vs the Chiefs. It was a great start to the season, it would be a great end as well.
1) he’s become a crybaby on the field lately when he doesn’t get certain calls

2) just people being tired of seeing them in the SB or deep into the playoffs. 6 straight trips to the conference finals game now. I appreciate his greatness but wanna see someone new now, just like a lot of people probably felt about the Warriors after their ring haul.

Lamar winning it all would be such a cool redemption story, after he was “available” in the offseason and trash teams like the Falcons, Commanders, … proactively came out and said they weren’t interested.

arnie_ni

Complete opposite. Curious when you got into nfl? I wonder if newer fans (last 5 10 yesrs) would all have you line of thinking. I love seeing 2 defenses smash the lights out of an offense.

Edit see you've clarified your thoughts ha

Carl

Complete opposite. Curious when you got into nfl? I wonder if newer fans (last 5 10 yesrs) would all have you line of thinking. I love seeing 2 defenses smash the lights out of an offense.

Edit see you've clarified your thoughts ha
Yeh pretty much 10 years ago. First superbowl I watched was when Seattle hammered Denver almost exactly 10 years ago and i really enjoyed it (sorry Nick!), so the 2014 season was the first one I followed properly.

I just think it's more fun watching teams move the ball through the air. Whereas both SF and Baltimore have run heavy offenses.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I do as well sometimes. Just not at 3am :lol:
:lol: where are you located? The SB will start around 23:30 UK time so yea it’s late but not the usual prime time 01:25 level of late.

Albeit the HT show eats into things more than normal games.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeh pretty much 10 years ago. First superbowl I watched was when Seattle hammered Denver in 2014 and i really enjoyed it (sorry Nick!), so the 2014 season was the first one I followed properly.

I just think it's more fun watching teams move the ball through the air. Whereas both SF and Baltimore have run heavy offenses.
I don’t know what you’re talking about the SB that year was cancelled.

kundalini

Bills took all the time off the clock only to throw two end zone passes at the end. Absolute brainfade and I don’t get why this wasn’t the main message at the 2 minute warning
Josh Allen may be superman but no idea what he was thinking. There was way too much time on the clock to be going for a touchdown on either of those plays. Chiefs had 2 time-outs left. If there's an easy throw that gives you 5 to 10 yards, have to take it; on both 2nd and 3rd down there were completely open players that would have given the Bills what they needed in that situation.

Sandyman

Why did everyone start hating the Warriors? :D

And one major difference from Curry is that Mahomes gets lot of favourable treatment from the refs.

Carl

:lol: where are you located? The SB will start around 23:30 UK time so yea it’s late but not the usual prime time 01:25 level of late.

Albeit the HT show eats into things more than normal games.
Anything after about 9.30pm feels like 3am to me these days tbh :boring:

Charlie Foley

You are abandoning your fellow Bay Area brethren. Niners should be your first choice and as a commanders fan Ravens your last, so you have that side correct.

as others have said, Mahomes might be like Steph in terms of talent and excitement, but he gets the LeBron whistle.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
1) he’s become a crybaby on the field lately when he doesn’t get certain calls

2) just people being tired of seeing them in the SB or deep into the playoffs. 6 straight trips to the conference finals game now. I appreciate his greatness but wanna see someone new now, just like a lot of people probably felt about the Warriors after their ring haul.
Why did everyone start hating the Warriors? :D

And one major difference from Curry is that Mahomes gets lot of favourable treatment from the refs.
You are abandoning your fellow Bay Area brethren. Niners should be your first choice and as a commanders fan Ravens your last, so you have that side correct.

as others have said, Mahomes might be like Steph in terms of talent and excitement, but he gets the LeBron whistle.
Mahomes has done more complaining this year than in previous years that is true but the number of balls dropped by his receivers must be tremendously frustrating and I think that has boiled over more than once in terms of his attitude. Not an excuse, just an observation. As to getting favorable calls from officials, all superstars get them in all sports (except Steph), so that is nothing new.

As to the Warriors, I thought everybody loved them. I'm really shocked by that observation. ;) :D

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Chiefs v 49ers is too recent (2020)

Ravens v 49ers is also too recent (2013)

We need the Lions to reach the final.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm backtracking on my wish of a Ravens vs Lions SB. I like both teams very much so while I would be happy with either, I also don't want to see any of them lose the big one. So best outcomes for me would be:

Ravens vs Niners with Ravens win
Lions vs Chiefs with Lions win

Carl

I'm backtracking on my wish of a Ravens vs Lions SB. I like both teams very much so while I would be happy with either, I also don't want to see any of them lose the big one. So best outcomes for me would be:

Ravens vs Niners with Ravens win
Lions vs Chiefs with Lions win
Think a Ravens Lions SB would be intriguing. Lions would have something to prove given the way Baltimore slapped them in the regular season.

Think it will actually be Niners Chiefs though.

Dan_F

Think a Ravens Lions SB would be intriguing. Lions would have something to prove given the way Baltimore slapped them in the regular season.

Think it will actually be Niners Chiefs though.
Would it? For me, the only way it’s possible for the Lions to win is Lamar having a shocking performance. I don’t have much interest in that as a Super Bowl, although I’ve resigned myself to ‘it’s the Niners or a one sided superbowl’ quite a while ago.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Would it? For me, the only way it’s possible for the Lions to win is Lamar having a shocking performance. I don’t have much interest in that as a Super Bowl, although I’ve resigned myself to ‘it’s the Niners or a one sided superbowl’ quite a while ago.
Niners would be underdogs for me against both remaining AFC teams. You really gonna bet against Mahomes in favor of Purdy? Couldn't be me, especially after watching him against the Packers last weekend.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Going by the replies even Packers and Bears fans are rooting for the Lions against the Niners :lol:

JP77

Chiefs/Niners hopefully in the SB.

Just have a feeling Mahomes is going to pull this off. Still can’t believe they were 8/1 before the Bills game to win the Superbowl, insane odds.

Anybody but the Ravens.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Chiefs/Niners hopefully in the SB.

Just have a feeling Mahomes is going to pull this off. Still can’t believe they were 8/1 before the Bills game to win the Superbowl, insane odds.

Anybody but the Ravens.
Are you sure about that? I checked before the POs started and they were 5/1 to win back then.