NFL 2023

pacifictheme

With united being so shit I've been looking forward to the start of the NFL and watching the giants. Yep.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
With united being so shit I've been looking forward to the start of the NFL and watching the giants. Yep.
I feel for you, but should hardly come as a surprise that NY got slapped hard.

Carl

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Woke up this morning and was horrified to see that the Cowboys had viciously curb stomped the Giants. Not because I dislike the Cowboys (or like the Giants) but rather because I know that the US sports media is absolutely obsessed with Uncle Jerry and the Dallas Cowboys and we will hear about nothing else on my favourite shows for the next week solid .

lsd

The Oracle
Woke up this morning and was horrified to see that the Cowboys had viciously curb stomped the Giants. Not because I dislike the Cowboys (or like the Giants) but rather because I know that the US sports media is absolutely obsessed with Uncle Jerry and the Dallas Cowboys and we will hear about nothing else on my favourite shows for the next week solid .

Goes both ways people just love to hate on them too for every little thing

You think there would be so many posts on here laughing if any other teams kicker missed an extra point?

Then of course they turn invisible when he's perfect after that

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Goes both ways people just love to hate on them too for every little thing

You think there would be so many posts on here laughing if any other teams kicker missed an extra point?

Then of course they turn invisible when he's perfect after that
Well would you like us to post about every extra point he makes for the rest of the season

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Cowboys and Niners look like the two best teams in NFC this season. Hopefully Eagles were just rusty but that didn’t look good.

muller

Cowboys and Niners look like the two best teams in NFC this season. Hopefully Eagles were just rusty but that didn’t look good.
Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into last night for your side - I think this year Pats will end up with a bottom 10 offence but a top 3 defence. Wehave so much potential on that side of the ball, which has largely gone ignored in the offseason. But last nights performance on D could be replicated every week.

However, Eagles D did look tired at the end of the game, but as far as I know you have pretty good depth there too. Plus of course, you still got the stops when you needed.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into last night for your side - I think this year Pats will end up with a bottom 10 offence but a top 3 defence. Wehave so much potential on that side of the ball, which has largely gone ignored in the offseason. But last nights performance on D could be replicated every week.

However, Eagles D did look tired at the end of the game, but as far as I know you have pretty good depth there too. Plus of course, you still got the stops when you needed.
Except linebacker. Weak LB room and and their best LB left the stadium in a leg brace.

Pats defence looked slick though. Romo was raving about it all game. Quite rightly.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They did look rusty, but I thought the play calling was concerning. A lot of passes to the LOS or running right up the gut on 3rd and long. Goedert's a safe bet on 3rd down, and they didn't target him once. It's just one game, but it looks like it's gonna be very different under Johnson than it was with Steichen.

muller

Except linebacker. Weak LB room and and their best LB left the stadium in a leg brace.

Pats defence looked slick though. Romo was raving about it all game. Quite rightly.
Especially with a starting DB out and 4 starting positions filled by rookies.

Ah ok, didn't realise. Still think Eagles will be there at the end ofJan.

Pats, after last night, I score us going 9-8 rather than 7-10 I had before the game.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So you wouldn't be posting missed kicks from any other team's kicker?
People make fun of kickers missing kicks all the time. It was his first ever attempt and apparently he was signed out of the MLS or something, of course people were gonna laugh at that, Cowboys or not.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I watched the Cowboy Giants game highlights and I kept on having horrible flashbacks of Ereck 'Lubed Turnstile' Flowers giving defenses a free lane to blindside Eli.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I hope people aren't going to make the same mistake they did with the Bills last season and assume that the team that looks the best in week one is going to steamroll everything in their path all season long.....

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I hope people aren't going to make the same mistake they did with the Bills last season and assume that the team that looks the best in week one is going to steamroll everything in their path all season long.....
I know that week 1 is weird in general but both these teams were up there last season and have added more depth while the Eagles had a near perfect season last year but have lost players

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I know that there are a lot of Broncos fans here but I would love it if the Payton era fails miserably. Never liked Sean Payton

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I know that there are a lot of Broncos fans here but I would love it if the Payton era fails miserably. Never liked Sean Payton
Tbf I totally get it. I’ve not been enamoured with his appointment since it happened, he’s a prick.

Unless he somehow turns it around of course. Then I’ll have always liked him.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I know that week 1 is weird in general but both these teams were up there last season and have added more depth while the Eagles had a near perfect season last year but have lost players
What you've said here is almost word for word what people were saying about the Bills and KC (respectively) last season.

Carl

Yeh im not getting excited after hammering the Giants. Considering we scored 40 points, we didn't score a single passing TD and our defence/special teams contributed 19 of the points.

Let's see how we look when we play a team that doesn't absolutely shit the bed, and how our offence looks when they need to move the ball through the air.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Yeh im not getting excited after hammering the Giants. Considering we scored 40 points, we didn't score a single passing TD and our defence/special teams contributed 19 of the points.

Let's see how we look when we play a team that doesn't absolutely shit the bed, and how our offence looks when they need to move the ball through the air.
Wise

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Got him for 1 more year then we trade him. I'd like to get rid of him immediately just on principle but I guess this is the best outcome for us.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Troy Aikman looking pretty old all of a sudden.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Rodgers limped off on the first drive. Wilson in.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
There are a lot of bellends on twitter making comparisons with Rodgers getting hurt to 9/11

Dannn411

Ugh. I feel responsible for this. After the first near sack, the thought of him possibly getting injured crossed my mind and then it happened two plays later.