NFL 2023

muller

So apparently Tom Brady can't sign for the Jets because of his minority ownership with the Raiders.

Not to say it wasn't far-fetched, but... the possibility was certainly there :D
haha yeah, very far fetched. Be a true slap in the face if he did it after the huge ceremony at Gilette on Sunday too!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Damn. Hopefully a few months in darkness can speed up the recovery process. He could be back in time for the playoffs after Zach Wilson leads the Jets to a 5-12 record.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Might be the most brutal NFL moment I've ever seen

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Might be the most brutal NFL moment I've ever seen
Not even close. He’s 39 years old, has earned close to half a billion dollars, is a Super Bowl champion and won multiple MVP‘s. It’s a tough blow for him, no doubt. But let’s not get carried away here.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Not even close. He’s 39 years old, has earned close to half a billion dollars, is a Super Bowl champion and won multiple MVP‘s. It’s a tough blow for him, no doubt. But let’s not get carried away here.
Eh? How does any of that matter? The guy made a loser franchise believe for the first time in decades. For it to end in just four snaps (five if you count his Achilles) is brutal for any sane NFL fan, and beyond brutal for an entire fanbase.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I think he means for the Jets. They've gone all in on him, signed some great players to give him what he needs to win..and now they have to leave their fate in the hands of Zach Wilson. It's such a brutal blow for them.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Eh? How does any of that matter? The guy made a loser franchise believe for the first time in decades. For it to end in just four snaps (five if you count his Achilles) is brutal for any sane NFL fan, and beyond brutal for an entire fanbase.
I thought you meant from his perspective. From a fan pov you have a point.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
How are there not any league wide standards for turf that need to be met? That's insane, when you consider how much focus there is on safety in the NFL on other factors.
What's even worse is that they just opened their new training facility in Florham Park and they practiced all off season on grass pitches.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How are there not any league wide standards for turf that need to be met? That's insane, when you consider how much focus there is on safety in the NFL on other factors.
There are standards, these turf fields are eons better than what the astroturf fields were. There's no getting around the fact that artificial turf will cause more injuries than real turf, but these fields are the 'safer' ones.

Google 'double acl tear veterans stadium,' some poor fecker in a game blew out both knees at the same time. It's on youtube; here's Peter King's article on it...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/vault....cored-nfl-players-calls-for-a-return-to-grass

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I think he means for the Jets. They've gone all in on him, signed some great players to give him what he needs to win..and now they have to leave their fate in the hands of Zach Wilson. It's such a brutal blow for them.
Not only that but they've also paid him $75m for 4 snaps. Must be the best pay to work/minutes ratio payout ever, as let's face it, with a complete snap that is probably game over for Rodgers.

mav_9me

So when does Kaepernick sign with the Jets? Or they comfortable with Wilson, who was actually half-decent
No way.

Other than QB they are a super bowl contender. Defense/WR1/RBs are top tier. Add say Kirk Cousins, they are definitely play off bound and who knows after that.

Brophs

The One and Only
Lads, can you explain something to a complete NFL know-nothing? Has Kaepernick just been training like a lunatic since he was frozen out, on the basis that if he gets called he’ll be ready? If so, it must be a soul destroying existence to that for years on end.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Lads, can you explain something to a complete NFL know-nothing? Has Kaepernick just been training like a lunatic since he was frozen out, on the basis that if he gets called he’ll be ready? If so, it must be a soul destroying existence to that for years on end.
No, he has not.

lsd

The Oracle
:lol:

:lol:

Such a weird turnaround watching Shannon with Stephen A and Skip with Richard Sherman.

Stephen should start interrupting him and making dumb humming noises every two seconds then we might get the Goat head and cigar again

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Okay. So why is he linked with teams when they have a QB vacancy? After 4 or 5 years out there’s presumably no way he’d be able for it?
It seems as though his agent is the one who is doing the heavy lifting in contacting the teams & assuring that the press knows of such. There seems to consistently be little interest from the teams themselves. It's a bit of a shame as he would do quite well in my opinion in the current NFL, but too much time has passed.

lsd

The Oracle
What do we think the Jets will do?

Will they go with Zach knowing it hasn't worked before or turn elsewhere.

Names I'm hearing are not exactly that promising, Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, Carson Wentz

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What do we think the Jets will do?

Will they go with Zach knowing it hasn't worked before or turn elsewhere.

Names I'm hearing are not exactly that promising, Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, Carson Wentz
Winston or Wentz would be my bet.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Such a strange feeling being at MetLife yesterday - everyone was massively deflated when Rodgers went off as you’d expect. And then the inevitable was the feeling when the “doink” FG went in. But the stadium erupted when the punt return TD happened, was absolutely mental.

Unfortunately you sense that that’ll be short lived. They’ve got an excellent defence though which should get them near the playoffs. But man, Z Wilson is so, so bad.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Such a strange feeling being at MetLife yesterday - everyone was massively deflated when Rodgers went off as you’d expect. And then the inevitable was the feeling when the “doink” FG went in. But the stadium erupted when the punt return TD happened, was absolutely mental.

Unfortunately you sense that that’ll be short lived. They’ve got an excellent defence though which should get them near the playoffs. But man, Z Wilson is so, so bad.
How were your seats?

RoadTrip

How were your seats?
I’d say around middle of the top tier at the 20 yard line, fortunately on the side and end where he ran in the punt return. I generally think MetLife has great seats, albeit it’s a rather dull stadium. It’s a tall stadium so even in the sticks I feel like the views are good. I have no idea how to put a picture on here else I would!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

How does it rank amongst stadiums you've been to?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’d say around middle of the top tier at the 20 yard line, fortunately on the side and end where he ran in the punt return. I generally think MetLife has great seats, albeit it’s a rather dull stadium. It’s a tall stadium so even in the sticks I feel like the views are good. I have no idea how to put a picture on here else I would!
Heard it is not easily accessible by foot. Where were you staying?

RoadTrip

Heard it is not easily accessible by foot. Where were you staying?
Yeah getting to the stadium is a chore. Train out of Manhattan and then a change and then another train to the stadium, which is in the middle of nowhere. Impossible to get to without taking the train or by driving, unless you stay in the town it’s in but then you’d only do that if you were just there for the game.
How does it rank amongst stadiums you've been to?
I don’t have too much to compare to tbh.

I’ve watched NFL at Gillette, Wembley, MetLife and Spurs. And I’ve watched football at OT (and incidentally Middlesborough but anyway).

As a stadium, Spurs wins for me. Organised and lots of concessions and toilets which means queues are well managed even during half time rush.

But god it’s a real pain to get to.

Then Wembley and MetLife aren’t that dissimilar to be honest. I think MetLife has better views but honestly that stadium needs covers for the stands even if not a full roof.

Gillette is obviously meaningful as a Pats fan but you can tell that it’s aging. And I got soaked on Sunday safe for my poncho so, again, criminal these stadiums don’t have as part roof to cover the top stands at least.

And OT is … cramped, aged, and genuinely in need of investment.