NFL 2023

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

mav_9me

Winston or Wentz would be my bet.
That would be awful.

More realistic and actually decent option from what I've heard on podcasts seems to be Jacoby Brisset, backing up in Washington.

Outside shot and even better would be trading for Cousins or Stafford, although I'm not sure LA or Minnesota would want to trade.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That would be awful.

More realistic and actually decent option from what I've heard on podcasts seems to be Jacoby Brisset, backing up in Washington.

Outside shot and even better would be trading for Cousins or Stafford, although I'm not sure LA or Minnesota would want to trade.
Brisset would be a decent acquisition.

Neo_Mufc

Hey need some help. A mate waivored a lot on Z.Wilson and we are laughing at him. I want to wager a bet related to him but not sure what to offer. Any ideas?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I just remembered something. Didn't the Jets miss out on Lawrence by winning some late season dead rubber in a season they knew they needed to tank?

How do they feel about this now? If they had Lawrence they wouldn't have even needed to stump up for Rodgers, could've added some pieces on the o-line with the Rodgers money and still had the pieces they have now.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That would be awful.

These pundits never seem to mention 1) why would those teams want to trade their starting QB right now, and 2) the salary cap ramifications.

Acquiring a Cousins or Stafford would cost millions in cap space, do the Jets have room to absorb 20-30m in salary?

mav_9me

These pundits never seem to mention 1) why would those teams want to trade their starting QB right now, and 2) the salary cap ramifications.

Acquiring a Cousins or Stafford would cost millions in cap space, do the Jets have room to absorb 20-30m in salary?
That part was my speculation in my post. But I heard on the radio today that Stafford numbers don't add up. So I guess people have looked at it.

As for why would teams trade their starting QB, answer would be to tank for Caleb Williams. But they wouldn't decide that so soon, may take 4-5 weeks. In the meanwhile can the jets keep their season alive with their schedule? if not they may end up finding it too expensive to get a good QB.

I personally feel they should go all out for Cousins, if that's too expensive or doesn't work, go for Brisset. Can't risk the season on Wilson.

whitbyviking

Yeah getting to the stadium is a chore. Train out of Manhattan and then a change and then another train to the stadium, which is in the middle of nowhere. Impossible to get to without taking the train or by driving, unless you stay in the town it’s in but then you’d only do that if you were just there for the game.

I don’t have too much to compare to tbh.

I’ve watched NFL at Gillette, Wembley, MetLife and Spurs. And I’ve watched football at OT (and incidentally Middlesborough but anyway).

As a stadium, Spurs wins for me. Organised and lots of concessions and toilets which means queues are well managed even during half time rush.

But god it’s a real pain to get to.

Then Wembley and MetLife aren’t that dissimilar to be honest. I think MetLife has better views but honestly that stadium needs covers for the stands even if not a full roof.

Gillette is obviously meaningful as a Pats fan but you can tell that it’s aging. And I got soaked on Sunday safe for my poncho so, again, criminal these stadiums don’t have as part roof to cover the top stands at least.

And OT is … cramped, aged, and genuinely in need of investment.
Can be an interesting ground to walk too :nervous:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The standard of this game so far has been horrible.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a horrendous start on offence. Can’t get anything going and then Sirriani being a complete coward

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
For those with DAZN gamepass - it looks like they've fixed the login on multiple devices issue we experienced on Sunday after an update to the app. I've been able to watch today's game on my mobile and on my TV via ps5 at the same time.

Sandyman

For those with DAZN gamepass - it looks like they've fixed the login on multiple devices issue we experienced on Sunday after an update to the app. I've been able to watch today's game on my mobile and on my TV via ps5 at the same time.
Wow watching this awful game on 2 screens

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The game is bad but the coverage makes it even worse. Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit are putting me to sleep

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I just learnt a new NFL rule.

It's a really fecking stupid rule.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a horrendous drive by the Vikings. 3rd & 1 they spend over 30 seconds , then call a timeout on a stopped clock and now this touchback