NFL 2023

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I always laugh whenever Jason Kelces snaps the ball. It comes out twice as fast as any other centre in the NFL.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Cam Akers may have torn his achilles.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Daniel Jones is a $40m per year quarterback.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Watching the Falcons and Bucs collapse in almost exactly the same way was so satisfying :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I feel you. Losing in that manner is gutting.
Yep, shouldn't happen.

But I liked the things we did on offense today, hopefully some basic corners have been turned. Can't ask more of Baker & the offense during our last drive for the TD. Seeing our D deteriorate from the quality games they produced in September is disheartening, especially as this is Bowles' bread & butter.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Oh wow. I just assumed Jimmy G was injured because it's Jimmy G. But he's been benched.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Dallas not embarrassing themselves so far. Progress!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Must...not...mention...Dallas...kicker

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Is that really Dallas's ball? The Eagles player recovered it clearly and then 3 seconds after he was stripped of it on the ground.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Rugby scrum play, should be outlawed - there's no skill or innovation in it. It's just rugby scrumming.
The issue with it is that defenses can't do the reciprocal move by having the secondary push into the D line. It's essentially like a 8 man rugby scrum offense against the front row for the defense. I kind of hope another team gets good as it as well so it gets more focus and banned.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
So annoying that we have got the cowboys in so many difficult situations but just keep getting beaten on the big plays

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The issue with it is that defenses can't do the reciprocal move by having the secondary push into the D line. It's essentially like a 8 man rugby scrum against the front row for the defense.
It will be interesting to see if enough owners/GMs vote to outlaw it for 2024. The one thing in its favor so far is no serious injury yet (that I'm aware of). If a a player gets a leg/neck/back/something snapped it will certainly come up in meetings.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
It will be interesting to see if enough owners/GMs vote to outlaw it for 2024. The one thing in its favor so far is no serious injury yet (that I'm aware of). If a a player gets a leg/neck/back/something snapped it will certainly come up in meetings.
The play is a complete mismatch due to what I said, so it will be a sporting integrity change. I think they'll end up with a rule that the ball carrier can't be pushed by their own team until they clear 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. That way you still will get the exciting plays when a ball carrier breaks past the D line and is driven by his teammates in the backfield.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I kind of hope another team gets good as it as well so it gets more focus and banned.
Not many QBs in the league can squat 500-lbs. That said, I think a beast RB like Henry could theoretically work.

If the league permitted a defensive leverage to it, like perhaps a substitution to add more DL/LB size, and/or something where defensive player can use his teammate for over the top leverage (which is illegal currently), and the offense could not change the call... that might be interesting to see if the success rate drops.