NFL Dynasty League

Jagga7

We should create extra roster spots for Covid related absentees.

Are we allowed to trade yet?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
What I meant was - to replace Funchess do I need to drop him entirely or does he go into some kind taxi squad so he still belongs to me but not on active roster?

Funchess is meh so whatever but if an elite player opts out, I think having to drop them to replace them for a season would be unfair?
As it currently stands, there's 22 roster spots for each team with no taxi squad/injured reserve. I think eboue mentioned being less than impressed with how the taxi squad worked out last season. Not sure if he plans on bringing it back post-draft. Me, I like flexibility, so prefer having 22 roster spots rather than 19 roster spots and 3 taxi squad. But I'm fine with whatever the majority decides (including adding an extra roster spot or two for covid absentees).

Looks like the NFL has set the opt-out deadline for this Thursday at 4 pm EST. Would be surprised to see an elite player drop out from now until then. But even if one did, I view an opt-out player as the same to someone having a season-ending injury. It's up to you if you think he's worth keeping a spot on your roster.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
As it currently stands, there's 22 roster spots for each team with no taxi squad/injured reserve. I think eboue mentioned being less than impressed with how the taxi squad worked out last season. Not sure if he plans on bringing it back post-draft. Me, I like flexibility, so prefer having 22 roster spots rather than 19 roster spots and 3 taxi squad. But I'm fine with whatever the majority decides (including adding an extra roster spot or two for covid absentees).

Looks like the NFL has set the opt-out deadline for this Thursday at 4 pm EST. Would be surprised to see an elite player drop out from now until then. But even if one did, I view an opt-out player as the same to someone having a season-ending injury. It's up to you if you think he's worth keeping a spot on your roster.
Sounds reasonable

And yeah taxi squad system wasn’t so good last year

Thanks

chetan

Yah, that's my biggest concern too. Obviously no pre-season this year, but I imagine we'll be seeing more players dropping out for the foreseeable future. Eboue set the draft for Aug 6, but I'm not opposed to pushing the draft date back further if you guys want. But even if we push it back by 2 weeks, there's no guarantee someone in 3 weeks time decides not to play cos of covid.

Just spitballing here, but we could let those who have someone that opted out on their roster, pick someone back up they originally dropped to replace that player prior to the draft taking place. Open to hearing suggestions.

We should also determine what happens if we have a shortened season or even a cancellation. Here's what we're doing in another league I'm in:
  • If less than 10 games are played and weeks 14-16 don't happen, everyone gets their money back.
  • If 10 or more games are played and the playoffs don't happen then payouts will occur based on record. Champion would be the one with the best record in the league (normal tie breakers apply)
  • If weeks 14-16 are played we will have playoffs as normal with seedings based on the games played in weeks 1-13, assuming at least 7 regular season are played.
  • If less than 7 regular games are played prior FF playoffs, everyone will get their money back in full.
Since we've all pre-paid for the first two years, instead of paying people back, we can roll over everything to the following year. This is just an idea, and I'm fine with doing something else entirely or tweaking it a bit.
Agree with everything here.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
As if the season starts in 3 Sunday’s. Shame it’s going to be a shambles.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I guess I’ll drop Marquise Goodwin for Myles Boykin (Covid option).

Edit: Oh, is the draft tomorrow? I’m not really keeping track of days these days.
Editt: Pick is in...I think. Forgot how much I hate this website.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I will pick in person each time no need to rush and may want to trade back or forward anyway.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I will pick in person each time no need to rush and may want to trade back or forward anyway.
Yah that's fine. My comment about pre-drafting was geared towards those who might not be able to make a pick within their allotted 24 hour window and don't want the computer picking for them.

altodevil

Yah that's fine. My comment about pre-drafting was geared towards those who might not be able to make a pick within their allotted 24 hour window and don't want the computer picking for them.
Yeah good point, its a good safety net

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
First of all, feck everyone who picked all the good RBs. Second, how the feck do I select a player to be drafted?

Edit: Figured out how. @Florida Man you're up next

Last edited:

altodevil

Noted. Will wait for more until I make a decision.

How the hell did Lamb drop so far