NFL Playoffs

usual_suspect

Originally posted by Raoul:
<strong>

who are the other 4 ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

barry sanders, jerry rice, john elway, lawrence taylor.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why did Pittsburgh not take the 2 point conversion there? (28-33)

Someone?

Dans

And I was a drive early.

What a game.

FG for the Browns now please.

Jens

Originally posted by Dans:
<strong>Why did Pittsburgh not take the 2 point conversion there? (28-33)

Someone?</strong><hr></blockquote>

as they would have needed a TD anyway

usual_suspect

what happened in the steelers game? they were down 33-21 when i left to go take a shower, come back and see that they won?!?!? did the browns feck up, or did steelers just earn it? i feel sorry for browns fans, this always happens to them...

Dans

Originally posted by Jens:
<strong>

as they would have needed a TD anyway</strong><hr></blockquote>

My thinking was that if the Browns got a FG then the Steelers would have needed a TD and a potential FG to tie the game would have been out of the question.

Dans

Originally posted by usual_suspect:
<strong>what happened in the steelers game? they were down 33-21 when i left to go take a shower, come back and see that they won?!?!? did the browns feck up, or did steelers just earn it? i feel sorry for browns fans, this always happens to them...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Browns gave away 3 penalties to keep one of the last two scoring drives alive. They threw it away imo.

Dans

What a finish at SF.

I thought the Giants threw this one away by running tame plays on two drives when they were 24 points up. Then their defense disappeared. Great finale though.

Jens

I wonder if this is going to shut the long haired jerk from New York up ...

Jens

Divisional Playoffs

NFC

San Francisco @ Tampa Bay
Atlanta @ Philadelphia

AFC

New York @ Oakland
Pittsburgh @ Tennessee

usual_suspect

an amazing comeback...the giants completly lost focus...i don't know what to make of terrell owens.

Jens

<strong>an amazing comeback...the giants completly lost focus...i don't know what to make of terrell owens.</strong><hr></blockquote>

the giants d-back was even more stupid .. why the feck does he retaliate?

i like TO

usual_suspect

the giants retaliated not once, but twice!!! yeah, i love owens, but sometimes (like today) you have to wonder about his state of mind...what if the giants hadn't retaliated??? no wonder mariucci is on edge all the time...but, feck it, he's the best receiver in the league, maybe the best player.

Jens

<strong>the giants retaliated not once, but twice!!! yeah, i love owens, but sometimes (like today) you have to wonder about his state of mind...what if the giants hadn't retaliated??? no wonder mariucci is on edge all the time...but, feck it, he's the best receiver in the league, maybe the bast player.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i laughed my ass off when williams started throwing punches at the 9ers center ... his ball-signing td celebration was the best ive ever seen ...

best player? no way ... its hard to say who the best player of the league is anyway, even harder than in footy as the positions are so different

usual_suspect

don't foget what he did in dallas a few years ago (that was hillarious!!!) and the pom poms this year...also, lol @ shockey dropping a TD pass, leading to a giants FG, and the niners comeback.

Jens

<strong>don't foget what he did in dallas a few years ago (that was hillarious!!!) and the pom poms this year...also, lol @ shockey dropping a TD pass, leading to a giants FG, and the niners comeback.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yup, spiking the ball on the star was class .. i have no idea why both td celebrations caused such an uproar in the us

im beginning to dislike shockey tho...

whos your team?

usual_suspect

shockey = class act...not!

<a href="http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs02/s/nyg_shockeywater.html" target="_blank">http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs02/s/nyg_shockeywater.html</a>

btw, i'm a 49ers fan...it's been a rough few years, but we're finally getting back to where we belong. i have a bad feeling mariucci is leaving after the season though....

Jens

<strong>
btw, i'm a 49ers fan...it's been a rough few years, but we're finally getting back to where we belong. i have a bad feeling mariucci is leaving after the season though....</strong><hr></blockquote>

mariucci´s done a good job in rebuilding the franchise. thereve been rumors about mariucci leaving for a while now. would be the 9ers way if mariucci went. hes been at 3com park for a while now and coaches wear themselves out after a while ... im afraid, but i think thats the case with mike shanahan, too. wouldnt mind if he gave up he gm job ...

usual_suspect

i shudder at the thought of someone like dennis green taking over.

usual_suspect

btw, the broncos are fecked...what are they gonna do with griese??? shannahan is a .500 coach without elway...

Jens

<strong>btw, the broncos are fecked...what are they gonna do with griese??? shannahan is a .500 coach without elway...</strong><hr></blockquote>

wouldnt exactly say fecked, but we have to decide what to do with griese. i personally think itd be better for him and the team if he didnt come back. hell have to win the job and restrucutre if he comes back tho. theres no way in hell griese will be a 7m backup. i say we should keep beuerlein (he knows the system), sign a veteran for little money (jeff blake could work out and, dont laugh, but i think akili smith just might have a future in the nfl) and draft a qb in the first round. let the veterans battle it out for the starting job and let the rookie hold the clipboard for a year or two until he´s ready. the more competition, the better ...

brian´s on a huge contract and the broncos are about 15m over the cap already. some restructuring and some cuts here and there and we´ll be fine and might even have money for one top FA. safety, qb, lt and de are my priorities going into the offseason. clinton portis and ashley lelie are 2 upcoming superstars in this league ...

usual_suspect

<a href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1482833.html" target="_blank">http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1482833.html</a>

kennyj

<strong>Congrats, Kenny. Superb win that.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks Jens. This weeks win vs the Raiders will be even better. :cool:

kennyj

<strong>kennyj, are you in for the playoffs fantasy competition that follows on from the league we were in? You got about three hours to set your team if you are. I'm in and have stacked my team with Jets for this weekends games you'll be pleased to know.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the heads up, but I missed it. I went to Las Vegas for the weekend. Good Luck withy your team. Good call picking Jets - you can't go wrong. ;)

Dans

Hey kennyj, get this - I entered the fantasy nfl comp again and thought I'd done fairly well scoring 81 given that you have to pick players who are assigned values and whose combined values may not exceed a certain amount only to find that what were fairly normal scores in our league are actually piss poor efforts in this new one. I am ranked 59997th and the leaders scored 179 this weekend! No superbowl trip for me in 2004.

Jens

Originally posted by kennyj:
<strong>

Thanks Jens. This weeks win vs the Raiders will be even better. :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Bronco Nation is on your side.

C-H-A-D ... Chad! Chad! Chad!

kennyj

<strong>Hey kennyj, get this - I entered the fantasy nfl comp again and thought I'd done fairly well scoring 81 </strong><hr></blockquote>

You probably have too many Jets. :)

kennyj

<strong>

Bronco Nation is on your side.

C-H-A-D ... Chad! Chad! Chad!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ran into a lot of Raider fans in Vegas. They are very arrogant and hated hearing that the J-E-T-S were going to spank them. :)

FresnoBob

kennyj: My daughter, J.E.T., was happy with the outcome of Saturday's game. When I told her you were also a Jets fan, she figured that there was at least one "cool" guy hanging out at the Cafe.

kennyj

Originally posted by FresnoBob:
<strong>kennyj: My daughter, J.E.T., was happy with the outcome of Saturday's game. When I told her you were also a Jets fan, she figured that there was at least one "cool" guy hanging out at the Cafe.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Very nice of her to call me "cool;" probably been a while since that's happened. It's great that the Jets have such a terrific fan in Fresno. I see some hope for Dans. Jens loves his Broncos too much to switch. Raoul represents the dark side, having jumped right off the Dolphins onto the Raiders. It would be asking too much for a Dolphin fan to switch to the Jets next week after the Raiders are eliminated.

Sorry about your Giants. Everyone here is taking it pretty hard as we were all hoping for a Jet-Giant Superbowl. Jets are playing again in Oakland next season if you are looking to take your daughter to a Jet game.

Jens

<a href="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/20030106/nflrefstatement.html" target="_blank">NFL admits Giants were screwed</a>

kennyj

Tough way to lose. Papers here are getting on Shockey a bit for missing a TD pass in the 3d qtr. that would have put it out of reach Giant D is getting hammered as well as the players involved in the fights who picked up penalties.

FresnoBob

The NFL is getting pretty good at apologizing for inept officiating after it means nothing. Perhaps they should spend a little more time insuring that the zebras they put on the field are competent to do the job. Still, the Jints had no business allowing the 'Niners back into the game, so just blaming the refs doesn't begin to address the outcome of the game.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The University of Miami also got screwed out of a national championship this weekend. :(

kennyj

Originally posted by Raoul:
<strong>The University of Miami also got screwed out of a national championship this weekend. :( </strong><hr></blockquote>

Another tough way to lose a game. But Miami will be back strong next year.

Jens

<a href="http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol6no02pennington.html" target="_blank">Nice article about Chad Pennington</a>

Jens

<a href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs02/columnist/2003/0109/1489844.html" target="_blank">The Tuna left his fingerprints on the Jets ...</a>