NFL Playoffs

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm really looking forward to these games actually - they all look like close match ups. I'll go with the Eagles and Bucs in the NFC and the Jets and the Titans in the AFC.

Jens

Dan, the Super Bowl will be on Sat.1 again ... :/

Dans

I noticed that - that really fecks me off. I can't stand watching nfl with german commentators - they are shit and ruin the game for me. I was even thinking of not watching it until the re run on premiere the next day and trying somehow not to find out the result, but somehow I don't think I'll manage that!

Jens

Originally posted by Dans:
<strong>I noticed that - that really fecks me off. I can't stand watching nfl with german commentators - they are shit and ruin the game for me. I was even thinking of not watching it until the re run on premiere the next day and trying somehow not to find out the result, but somehow I don't think I'll manage that!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I could watch it with German commentators. The ones on Premiere (Zapf and Renner) aren´t too bad at all and they have some football knowledge. The thing that pisses me off is that suddenly people get interested a week before the Super Bowl and think they´re experts all out of a sudden. Also the Sat.1 broadcasts are usually football for dummies and they explain you every rule at least 5 fecking times. Spoils it for me, that does.

Jens

Did you watch the Super Bowl the Rams won? I was ready to kill after that game as they turned the biggest football game of the year into a fecking Tom Nütten show.

Dans

Remind me!

I tend to try and not take any notice of anything other than the game action when it's german commentators. The premiere guys are probably fine like you say, but when you're used to the yanks, I'm afraid even the most knowledgable of germans just will not do!

Dans

What about this for a fantasy team?

Pennington, Chad QB NYJ
Zereoue, Amos RB PIT
Staley, Duce RB PHI
Rice, Jerry WR OAK
Coles, Laveranues WR NYJ
Jolley, Doug TE OAK
Chandler, Jeff K SF
Eagles DT PHI

swano

i joined that fantasy football league but hadn't selected my team properly so i got nothing :( . made a couple of changes for this week. pennington in for vick and eagles defence instead of the 9ers plus a couple of bucs. if tampa or the eagles get knocked out i'm screwed

Dans

Don't worry about it, unless your some weird yank who knows what's going to happen in games you'd be languishing down in around 60000th place on 80 odd points like I am. The leaders have 179!

swano

i don't think my 9ers defence would have contributed too many points, nor my field goal kicker matt br*£$%. Atlantas defence would have been great and probably the cheapest last week. who do you think will win at the weekend? i'll go for all homes bar the jets.

Dans

That's what I've gone for a few posts above too.

kennyj

<strong> I can't stand watching nfl with german commentators - they are shit and ruin the game for me. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Can you get an English radio broadcast and use that while watching the TV?

kennyj

<strong>What about this for a fantasy team?

Pennington, Chad QB NYJ
Zereoue, Amos RB PIT
Staley, Duce RB PHI
Coles, Laveranues WR NYJ
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dan, Good Jets, but your RBs suck. ;)

Dans

Originally posted by kennyj:
<strong>

Dan, Good Jets, but your RBs suck. ;) </strong><hr></blockquote>

hehe - there is a cap in effect though and I took the position that RBs were the weakest potential point scorers this weeekend.

Jens

I actually fancy the road teams bar the Falcons and maybe Pittsburgh.

9ers @ Bucs - 9ers by 3
Jets @ Raiders - Jets by 3
Falcons @ Eagles - Eagles by 10
Steelers @ Titans - Titans by 7

Raoul

Admin
Staff
ok..I admit that I have a soft spot for the Raiders. I used to live about 5 min from the Coloseum and ran into the players from time to time at Albertson and at Restaraunts etc. I will be very impressed if the Jets can win in Oakland. If they do that they'll have as good a chance as anyone to win it all IMO.

swano

i hope the NFL matches over the weekend are exciting, i need it after another dismal draw for us today against bloody villa. Eddie george is my only fantasy player playing in the first match.

Jens

<strong>

Can you get an English radio broadcast and use that while watching the TV?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Radio´s usually 30 seconds behind, Kenny.

Dans

I can't decide - my latest line up:

McNair, Steve QB TEN
Garner, Charlie RB OAK
Zereoue, Amos RB PIT
Ward, Hines WR PIT
Chrebet, Wayne WR NYJ
Jolley, Doug TE OAK
Chandler, Jeff K SF
Buccaneers

kennyj

Dan, I would play Pennington at QB. Garner and Staley at RB and Coles over Chrebet at WR.

kennyj

Originally posted by Raoul:
<strong>ok..I admit that I have a soft spot for the Raiders. I used to live about 5 min from the Coloseum </strong><hr></blockquote>

I like the Raiders too, but not this weekend. Raoul, you certainly get around.

Dans

No can do - that would massively exceed the cap.

Dans

Steve McNair makes my last minute decision look good in the first minute! Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Dans

My 3 players in this first game have 5 TDs already! I'll trail the freaks who know what's gonna happen days in advance though ;)

Jens

Here we go Steelers here we go!

Time for the terrible towels ...

Dans

Lucky bastards! OT means more points for me - niiiiiiiice. 50 yd pass to Hines followed by a Zeroue TD please.

Jens

Idiot of the weekend: DeWayne Washington

Missed tackle on the 30+ yard reception by the Tennessee WR and then ran into the kicker

Jens

<a href="http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E86%257E1104602%257E,00.html" target="_blank">Rhodes resigns as Bronco D-Coordinator</a>

Dans

Well it's a shame the Steelers are out - they provide great entertainment.

Good luck tonight kennyj, I'll be rooting for your Jets to win not only tonight but to win the whole thing. Let's hope Pennington doesn't vindicate my decision to replace him with McNair although if he manages 75% of what he did last night you should do well.

Dans

Shame we have a boring NFC matchup to sit through first eh?

kennyj

That was a great hit on Vick wasn't it? Too bad that the Falcs couldn't come up with a big play and make a better game of it.

Well, this is the day. Thanks for the support Dans. I expect the Pennington and the Jets to play well today, but the Raiders are a very good team. I think that the wionner of today's game will win the AFC and go to the SB.

BTW, the Raiders have been mouthing off all week and the Jets have been keeping their mouths shut. Should be a very rough game.

I had to work yesterday and today, but I came in at 0800 this morning so that I can leave in time for the game. Any suggestions about what time I should get to the bar? I was thinking halftime of the first game. Don't want to get there too early.

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

Dans

Well you can get there as early as you like because I believe you can drink as much beer as you like and you still won't get pissed on that american piss and hence you'll still be alive for the game. You will suffer only from an overused bladder ;)

Dans

Oh, and also the acute feeling of having been royally ripped off.

kennyj

Ha! I usually drink Amstels, Heinekens, Becks or Stellas, though sometimes I'll have a Bud for variety. May need something stronger today to calm me down.

Dans

<strong>Ha! I usually drink Amstels, Heinekens, Becks or Stellas</strong><hr></blockquote>

Competitors of Bud I believe ;)