NFL Thread 2014-2015

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I actually can't sleep, glad I don't have work tomorrow though.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
As a Jets fan, have to give respect to the Belichick era. Butler is an example of what Belichick is all about. Small school, unheralded player is coached-he's prepared and knows the play to win the game. Enviable franchise since 2001.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Remember that time Phil Jackson told Michael Jordan to step aside while Luc Longley took the game winning shot?... nope, me neither. Carroll is a gobshite. Well done to the Patriots though.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Has to kill you how he was Jet head coach.........almost
As much as I liked Parcells, it as unfortunate he decided to hang around when Hess sold the team, which I think made BB leave for NE. Still, given his Cleveland tenure, never expected BB to be this good.

Phil

Worst play call I've seen in (my 2 years of) NFL history. I hate all of you here.

Well done pats though.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
As much as I liked Parcells, it as unfortunate he decided to hang around when Hess sold the team, which I think made BB leave for NE. Still, given his Cleveland tenure, never expected BB to be this good.
Have you ever seen the documentary, cleveland 95? after I saw that, i thought it seemed like it would only have been a matter of time until he had built the Browns up in a similar way.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Perfect storm tbh, had he stayed Jets, probably wouldn't have reached the heights he did, not would the Pats have.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I've gone back and watched those final 5 mins again. Must sleep, but can't!

Sylar

Great Superbowl and well done to both teams. Game had everything, Missed ref calls, great plays, miraculous catches, interceptions, went down to the wire. Even a fight.
And the most ridiculous play on the 1 yard line when you Beast mode.
Brady stepped up and Belichick is a fantastic coach.

Really thought Edelman was MVP though. He does everything for the Patriots.

also rofl @ seahawks at the end. Sour sports.

Congrats to the Patriots (and their fans here).

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Great Superbowl and well done to both teams. Game had everything, Missed ref calls, great plays, miraculous catches, interceptions, went down to the wire. Even a fight.
And the most ridiculous play on the 1 yard line when you Beast mode.
Brady stepped up and Belichick is a fantastic coach.

Really thought Edelman was MVP though. He does everything for the Patriots.

also rofl @ seahawks at the end. Sour sports.

Congrats to the Patriots (and their fans here).
Cheers, and agreed on Edelman, every time we needed someone to make a play, he popped up with something. Lucky as feck no team wanted to pay him big money in the offseason and he came back.

Sylar

Well Russell Wilson is not really Luc Longley but yeah should have run him.
Wasnt it second down with 20 seconds left and 1 timeout remaining? Its bonkers the more you think about it.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
How was Edelman not MVP?

I just can't believe that they didn't have Marshawn run it. What they chose to do on 2nd and goal literally made no sense whatsoever.

25 seconds left with 1 timeout, 2nd down, 3 yards and the best RB in the league and you go for a throw. Mental.

Sylar

Kraft just said how happy he is that Seahawks threw it, on the NFL network and the panel cracked up.
Seahawks will regret that for a long time. Glad it was Caroll that made that play (or so he says)

Anyway as a neutral, this is probably one of my fav Superbowls in terms of entertainment from beginning to end. (not counting the Packers wins of course)

Cheers, and agreed on Edelman, every time we needed someone to make a play, he popped up with something. Lucky as feck no team wanted to pay him big money in the offseason and he came back.
To continue after that helmet to helmet (which wasnt called), hes a tough SOB. Quick fecker too. Love the way he runs and can catch whilst running and continue to run, all in one motion (obviously needs a good QB to find him)

Brady, still a rich rich man, but obviously restructuring his contract a few times to ensure he gets a few players with him helps.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The replay of the interception is wonderful.

You can tell immediately by his facial expression that he either made the greatest play of his career or shat his pants.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
To continue after that helmet to helmet (which wasnt called), hes a tough SOB. Quick fecker too. Love the way he runs and can catch whilst running and continue to run, all in one motion (obviously needs a good QB to find him)
He's a hard wee bastard, with immense agility. Lucky to have him.

Brady, still a rich rich man, but obviously restructuring his contract a few times to ensure he gets a few players with him helps.
I think it deserves praise, commitment to winning, rather than his bank account.

That said, can't be such a hard choice when the missus is raking in more cash than you anyway.

Sylar

True, but we all know Brady has an ego. Not the worst thing, so to want a contract that makes him the most paid player in the NFl, which tbh, wouldnt be argued that much, could be expected. However yeah, rich is still rich, but not a lot of players think about the team given the wage cap.

Also not enough Jumped the Shark jokes imo.

Butler deserves a lot of credit. One he sees the guy make a catch over his head, somehow. But still has the mind to push him out of bounds and stop a TD. He was apparently distraught about it. He goes back on, and pulls of one of the biggest plays in a Superbowl.

Sylar

Hearing Pete Carrolls reasoning for throwing the ball hurts my head. He threw it because they had only 1 timeout, but if they had run it and not got it, they would have had to use the timeout which means they would have to think about what they would do on the 3rd and 4th down.

Huh?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
ESPN guys are killing Carroll. Nobody can fathom why they didn't run.
As they should be. He should donate his entire salary to Marshawn Lynch's favorite charity for that play call. There's no logical reason that can explain it. It's like if Indiana Jones had tried to fist fight the Egyptian guy with the sword when he had a gun.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Hearing Pete Carrolls reasoning for throwing the ball hurts my head. He threw it because they had only 1 timeout, but if they had run it and not got it, they would have had to use the timeout which means they would have to think about what they would do on the 3rd and 4th down.

Huh?
"I wonder can I babble enough shite that they won't think I'm an imbecile for making the worst Superb Owl decision ever."