HTG

Supports
Bayern
By ESPNs Pass Block Win Rate:

Bakhtiari is the #3 tackle
Jenkins is the #2 guard
Linsley is the #1 center

Green Bay is the #1 offensive line
Rodgers makes them look worse than they are. He just holds onto the ball for far too long.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Bit early for that chat. We are still quite reliant on a few key players on offence. And our D has had several issues against the super mobile QBs. We’ll struggle v Ravens especially in Baltimore. Packers are a pretty good matchup for us.

I actually think full strength we beat the Seahawks, the MNF game could have gone either way as it was. Just hope if we do go all the way Ravens don’t come out of the AFC because living in Maryland I don’t want to go through that :lol:
Agree with your points. We have had the easier part of our schedule, but we have also gone through that whilst missing a number of players who are now starting to come back.

Ravens will be a sterner test and Lamar can hurt teams in a number of ways. One thing I did see against Green Bay was that our Ends were much more disciplined in their pass rush in that they didn't over-pursue and leave gaps for the QB to scramble through. In previous games they did have a tendency to do that and in doing so lose the outside contain. Against Lamar that will be suicide.

I felt that going through this stretch of three games and picking up 1W wouldn't be too bad. I think we are definitely capable of winning all three, but it won't be doom and gloom if we don't. I'm just hoping we don't pick up any injuries and can stay healthy into the playoffs.

Charlie Foley

Agree with your points. We have had the easier part of our schedule, but we have also gone through that whilst missing a number of players who are now starting to come back.

Ravens will be a sterner test and Lamar can hurt teams in a number of ways. One thing I did see against Green Bay was that our Ends were much more disciplined in their pass rush in that they didn't over-pursue and leave gaps for the QB to scramble through. In previous games they did have a tendency to do that and in doing so lose the outside contain. Against Lamar that will be suicide.

I felt that going through this stretch of three games and picking up 1W wouldn't be too bad. I think we are definitely capable of winning all three, but it won't be doom and gloom if we don't. I'm just hoping we don't pick up any injuries and can stay healthy into the playoffs.
Hoping for two wins personally, Saints will be tough especially down there but I think we can beat them actually.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Proper hiding for the Rams, fecking hell. It didn't even come as a surprise though, all the signs were there with the Ravens much improved D and Goff's dreadful form in the last three games after their bye.

The Ravens are so, so enjoyable to watch and Harbaugh is coaching them so aggressively, love it. They were 8-10 on 3th downs and converted both 4th downs if they didn't get 3th down, before Jackson was pulled. The Rams allowed a league 4th-best 87 rushing yards per game before last night and the Ravens ran over them for 285(!) rushing yards :eek: Also had double the TOP the Rams had. Upcoming Sunday: Niners @ Ravens at 1pm ET :drool:

Lamar Jackson being this absurdly good is great because I have him in two leagues and I can laugh at people taking Mahomes in the second round. It also sucks because he's surely a lock to be picked in the first 2 rounds next year. He's the RB13 if you only take his rushing into account ffs, he's breaking fantasy football alongside CMC.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Lamar is the MVP. Playing incredibly well. If they keep this up, they’ll be the AFC representative for the SB.

The Rams though... wtf has gone wrong?! The offense is horrible. The Goff contract looks even worse now than when he signed it.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Defensive coordinators have probably figured out McVay a bit after 3 years with the Rams. He'll need to reinvent himself or at least come up with some fresh ideas. He also had an average QB punching way above his weight, who has now regressed to the mean.

Their D is still very good, I think they were top of the league in scoring defense since they acquired Jalen Ramsey. There's just no stopping Lamar and the Ravens right now, although they seemed to be very naive with bringing pressure last night.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What has happened to the Rams? They looked poised to be competitive for a few more years.
Their DLine and OLine aren't good, their QB isn't particularly good and their running game is unreliable.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The Rams were very successful off play action, and with how their running game has been, that element of their game is effectively wiped out.

Which in turn means the misdirection which allowed Goff to excel is gone and, playing in a conventional QB role, he is distinctly average as many have said.

That being said, no one can compete with the Ravens right now. The match up vs 49ers this week is riveting.

Lamar is ahead of Wilson in the MVP race. What Lamar has done this year, especially from where he was as a rookie, is incredible. Take his rushing out and he’d still be ranking high as a passer. Take out this passing and he’d be ranking high as a runner. Put it together and it’s incredible.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The Rams were very successful off play action, and with how their running game has been, that element of their game is effectively wiped out.

Which in turn means the misdirection which allowed Goff to excel is gone and, playing in a conventional QB role, he is distinctly average as many have said.

That being said, no one can compete with the Ravens right now. The match up vs 49ers this week is riveting.

Lamar is ahead of Wilson in the MVP race. What Lamar has done this year, especially from where he was as a rookie, is incredible. Take his rushing out and he’d still be ranking high as a passer. Take out this passing and he’d be ranking high as a runner. Put it together and it’s incredible.
Multiple studies have shown that the success of the ground game has little to no effect on the success of play action.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Dont know who that is
A Minnesota reporter who likes stats and is always quick to talk about the fact that play actions are as effective whether you are able to run the ball or not. I just realized that you also like hot takes.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Really? That seems odd but I’m obviously no expert.
This and this article explain it pretty well. The only way rushing success might affect success of the play-action pass seems to be the coach's beliefs about how often they can use it, i.e. when the ground game doesn't get going there will be less play-action pass attempts.

These kind of articles are very interesting imo, goes to show how much analytics come into play for (you'd think) every NFL team.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Drew Lock might be starting for the Broncos on Sunday.

Derwin James will probably return for the Chargers on Sunday.

Run to your fantasy leagues and add the Chargers D/ST folks.

The Lions will also start undrafted rookie QB David Blough tonight but the Bears D/ST is probably owned in every league, unfortunately. Can't see anything other than a multi-INT game from him. Getting your first start as a Lions QB on Thanksgiving against the Bears, quiet brutal. If they're smart they give Scarbrough 30 touches.