NFL Thread 2019

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Our offense sucks, Cowboys should’ve gone for the TD.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t know about either of those tripping calls against Dallas, but I don’t mind because they might’ve won me a few hundred dollars.

ha_rooney

Another ugly win. I’ll take it, but it’s quite clear the offense is very bad. D & special teams continue to be strong.

ha_rooney

I'm not sure what was worse, the tripping call or the decision not to run on that play.
Coach clappy has to go. Not to run when you’ve got 2 shots for 1 yard & not to go for it on 4th down when the FG made no difference were both horrible calls.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Coach clappy has to go. Not to run when you’ve got 2 shots for 1 yard & not to go for it on 4th down when the FG made no difference were both horrible calls.
Kicking the FG was at least understandable, albeit not what I'd have done. Not running on that play was fecking stupid though. Especially given the joy Zeke had most of the day.

Charlie Foley

Yet another ugly game, but somehow this team keeps winning.
You guys are great at winning ugly I have to say. I expect us to win tonight with players back and Rodgers being the sort of quarter back our D likes to play against. That said I actually think our defence did pretty well against Wilson all things considering, massively let down by our offence that night

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Garrett did fantastic. Should’ve won in inclement weather on the road despite bad calls and broken a historic streak by B&B. He couldn’t help that Dak and Amari couldn’t complete a single pass between them.

No way he should be fired.

lsd

The Oracle
We are not a good team but those tripping calls were a joke and won Pats the game

How many pens were for tripping in every other game i wonder ?

lsd

The Oracle
Apparently there has been 4 penalties called for tripping in the NFLall season and 3 of those were in tonights game :lol: . Pats and their refs

Charlie Foley

49ers are the real deal. Probably the best team in NFL about now.
Bit early for that chat. We are still quite reliant on a few key players on offence. And our D has had several issues against the super mobile QBs. We’ll struggle v Ravens especially in Baltimore. Packers are a pretty good matchup for us.

I actually think full strength we beat the Seahawks, the MNF game could have gone either way as it was. Just hope if we do go all the way Ravens don’t come out of the AFC because living in Maryland I don’t want to go through that :lol:

ha_rooney

Impressive start by the Niners to their run of difficult games.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
We are not a good team but those tripping calls were a joke and won Pats the game

How many pens were for tripping in every other game i wonder ?
There have been just 4 all season in the NFL.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Impressive start by the Niners to their run of difficult games.
Yeah, if they have all their weapons on offense, they're just a very efficient team and difficult to stop. They're definitely contenders but their next two games will be crucial to get them a bye, I feel they need to go 1-1 @Ravens and @Saints in 10am PT kick-off games, that's just a brutal stretch. Would be great if the division and a playoff bye are on the line in their Week 17 game at Seattle.

Green Bay suddenly in a very precarious position as well, only tied for the division lead while they could've been top in the NFC if they'd beaten the Niners last night.

Right now, I'd say the Saints and Seahawks get a bye, alongside the Pats and Ravens in the AFC.

lsd

The Oracle
There have been just 4 all season in the NFL.

Yeah saw that . The last one especially was an absolute joke and so costly as we had picked up the first down and was called back.

Still i expected to lose we are clearly not going to win anything with Garrett and co so happy enough that Jerry Jones called them out after the match .

I would accept losing out now to get better draft picks but our division is so weak we will most likely still win it

Sylar

Im still laughing at those tripping calls.

Niners are fun to watch. Their next two games will be tougher tests. The one good thing for Packers is the next two games which should both be wins. But the OL is a worry. Was one of the best in the league, and now that the defence looks stronger, the OL is not giving Rodgers the protection he needs. Need an experienced WR too (not AB)

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Not giving him the protection? The packers have the best line in the league. They've been a top 5 line for basically Rodgers entire career.
Yeah, Rodgers is running out of excuses. I know the receivers aren’t great, but at some point you expect him to do more. But instead all he does is to hold the ball for an eternity, get sacked and refuse to throw the short pass. That won’t cut it, if you want another ring. He’s not playing bad, but he’s far away from the player he was in 2011.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Not giving him the protection? The packers have the best line in the league. They've been a top 5 line for basically Rodgers entire career.
No they haven't. They're not bad by any means but the Cowboys, Eagles (when healthy), Colts, Saints and Ravens all have comfortably better O-lines imo. Football outsiders ranks the Packers 10th in pass protection. Might be a bit lower than where they should be because Rodgers frequently holds on to the ball too long (much like Watson does) to make something happen, but they're nowhere near the best line in the league for me.

Rodgers is just having an average year while his supporting cast, especially on D, is finally up to par. He's still a top 10 QB in the league, but not the best of the best anymore.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
No they haven't. They're not bad by any means but the Cowboys, Eagles (when healthy), Colts, Saints and Ravens all have comfortably better O-lines imo. Football outsiders ranks the Packers 10th in pass protection. Might be a bit lower than where they should be because Rodgers frequently holds on to the ball too long (much like Watson does) to make something happen, but they're nowhere near the best line in the league for me.

Rodgers is just having an average year while his supporting cast, especially on D, is finally up to par. He's still a top 10 QB in the league, but not the best of the best anymore.
How do they come to those numbers? In my quick read, it looks like it is just adjusted sack rate which is significantly impacted by Rodgers holding the ball.

If I recall correctly, their entire line is in the top 12 at their positions according to PFF.