NFL Thread 2019

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's a cock and the Raiders are stoopid.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Disastrous start for AB with the Raiders. Think playing for a stable organization and coach like the Steelers/Tomlin really minimized some of his shenanigans. Dude is trying to sabotage his own career. That being said, all will be forgotten when/if he starts producing on the field again.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Disastrous start for AB with the Raiders. Think playing for a stable organization and coach like the Steelers/Tomlin really minimized some of his shenanigans. Dude is trying to sabotage his own career. That being said, all will be forgotten when/if he starts producing on the field again.
It boils down to him being a complete bellend.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He won't be hitting the same numbers with Carr as his QB.
He’ll get absolutely peppered with targets and he’s great at creating seperation on his own. If he plays 16 games he could easily get to something like 120/1,500/12.

The hissy fit he threw about JuJu’s POTY was even weirder, because JuJu seems like a great guy by all accounts.

Hephaestus

I honestly don’t remember being such a drama queen in his earlier years. What the F happened
Someone pointed out that most of his crazy stuff started up after he took that massive hit from Burfict. Might be damage from that.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Arbitrator ruled against AB’s grievance to keep playing with his old helmet :lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Arbitrator ruled against AB’s grievance to keep playing with his old helmet :lol:
In fairness to AB though he seems to imply that he’s going to play. Wondering if this one has been a storm created by the media to some degree.

What I don’t understand though, is that isn’t it the age of the helmet that’s the issue? Not the actual design itself? I know they don’t manufacture it anymore but guy is rollin in cash, if he really wanted it that much I’m sure he / Oakland would happily front the bill. Unless it’s just not possible.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Cowboys should trade Zeke and Dak

Dak gotta be outta his goddamn mind
The issue is - Who the hell is trading anything substantial and more importantly pay him over $30m

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Cowboys should trade Zeke and Dak

Dak gotta be outta his goddamn mind
If he hits the market, I'm sure some team will offer him at least around $30m a year. Wentz' new contract is between $32-36m a year and he currently has more clouds hanging over his head (or back, if you will) than Dak has imo.

Zeke should/will also get paid. It remains to be seen whether it's resolved before the start of the season but I'll be disappointed if he's not on the field Week 1. I think he has a legitimate shot at a season with around 100 receptions.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
In fairness to AB though he seems to imply that he’s going to play. Wondering if this one has been a storm created by the media to some degree.

What I don’t understand though, is that isn’t it the age of the helmet that’s the issue? Not the actual design itself? I know they don’t manufacture it anymore but guy is rollin in cash, if he really wanted it that much I’m sure he / Oakland would happily front the bill. Unless it’s just not possible.
It wouldn’t be possible from a timeframe standpoint to restart production of a discontinued piece of equipment if only due to it having to be re-certified by the NFL in time for him to use it this season. They’re looking for a used model though, apparently...:smirk:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-his-helmet-model-if-he-can-find-a-newer-one/

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Salary cap will probably rise another ~$10m to around $200m total. 2020 is also the last year of the current CBA, which might make things a bit more complicated for several deals to be done.

I don't think he'll get $40m/year but it's not that ridiculous to ask for it in the first place imo.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
$40m is a negotiation starting point you'd expect.

He'll likely end up in the mid 30's to put him above Wentz but below Wilson's megadeal in terms of annual average.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I get why Dak has value for the Cowboys. Not so much for the rest of the league. He is an average to below average QB in the NFL. If Zeke does sit out for an extended period, Dak and the Cowboys offense will struggle.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah I agree. But still.
Oh it's madness no doubt, but that Wentz deal is the cause of it.

Wilson getting what he got is one thing, Dak could reasonably be told to feck off if he tried citing that, but he's better than and has outperformed Wentz consistently, and is also available to play every game where Wentz has had big injury problems.

It's the market that's insane.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Oh it's madness no doubt, but that Wentz deal is the cause of it.

Wilson getting what he got is one thing, Dak could reasonably be told to feck off if he tried citing that, but he's better than and has outperformed Wentz consistently, and is also available to play every game where Wentz has had big injury problems.

It's the market that's insane.
Yeah for sure. That Wentz deal gives him significant leverage, especially in the same division, and taken in the same draft...