AFC East: Tommy
AFC South: Texans
AFC West: Chiefs
Wild card I: Chargers
Wild card II: Browns

NFC Championship game: Eagles vs Saints
AFC Championship game: Patriots vs Browns

Super Bowl LIII: Saints over Patriots

Super Bowl LII MVP: Some kid wearing headphones looking lost and scared as his dad parades him around a bunch of drunk cajuns

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
MVP: Carson Wentz
OPOTY: Dalvin Cook
DPOTY:
Joey Bosa
OROY: Josh Jacobs
DROY: Josh Allen
CPOTY: Jimmy Garropolo
COTY: Freddie Kitchens

NFC North: Vikings
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Rams
Wild card I: Saints
Wild card II: Packers

AFC North: Browns
AFC East: Patriots
Wild card I: Steelers
Wild card II: Chargers

NFC Championship game: Eagles vs Vikings
AFC Championship game: Patriots vs Chiefs

Super Bowl LIII: Patriots beat Eagles

Super Bowl LII MVP: Brady

Raoul

Admin
Staff
MVP: Carson Wentz
OPOTY: Dalvin Cook
DPOTY: Joey Bosa
DROY: Josh Allen

NFC North: Vikings
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Falcons
Wild card I: Saints
Wild card II: Packers

Wild card I: Steelers
Wild card II: Chargers

NFC Championship game: Eagles vs Vikings

Super Bowl LIII: Patriots beat Eagles

Super Bowl LII MVP: Brady
Agree with much of this. I'd go for the Chiefs winning it all, beating the Pats along the way. Browns should make a divisional playoff game (at least). Rams and Eagles will fight it out on the other side.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
MVP: Drew Brees
OPOTY: Saquon Barkley
DPOTY:
Khalil Mack
DROY: Devin Bush
COTY: Matt Nagy

NFC North: Bears
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC South: Saints
Wild card I: Eagles
Wild card II: Vikings

AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Jaguars
Wild card I: Browns
Wild card II: Ravens

NFC Championship game: Saints vs Bears
AFC Championship game: Patriots vs Steelers

Super Bowl LIII: Patriots beat Saints

Super Bowl LII MVP: Edelman

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
MVP: Baker Mayfield
OPOTY: Baker Mayfield
DPOTY: Aaron Donald
OROY: Kyler Murray
DROY: Devin Bush
CPOTY: Earl Thomas

NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC South: Saints
Wild card I: Eagles
Wild card II: Bears

Wild card I: Chargers
Wild card II: Jets

NFC Championship game: Rams vs Saints

Super Bowl LIII: Chiefs beat Saints

Super Bowl LIII MVP: Patrick Mahomes

PS: Finally fixed the fact that it was Super Bowl LIII vs Super Bowl LII MVP

JJ12

I think whatever happens anywhere else if the Browns reach the play offs or win their division - Kitchens is getting Coach of the Year

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So what's the toughest division right now? If Rodgers is healthy, the NFC North looks very difficult. So does the NFC South if Cam stays healthy and Bruce Arians gets the offense in Tampa going (which I think he will). AFC West also has two powerhouses.

AFC South and AFC East have got to be the weakest ones out there right now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So what's the toughest division right now? If Rodgers is healthy, the NFC North looks very difficult. So does the NFC South if Cam stays healthy and Bruce Arians gets the offense in Tampa going (which I think he will). AFC West also has two powerhouses.

The Steelers are probably the most underrated team, the Browns are the most hyped, and Baltimore will still carve out their share of wins against all logic with their 80's CFB offense. They also added the best big-play WR in the draft to help Lamar.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The Steelers are probably the most underrated team, the Browns are the most hyped, and Baltimore will still carve out their share of wins against all logic with their 80's CFB offense. They also added the best big-play WR in the draft to help Lamar.
I think the Ravens will be dangerous and the Browns will be good yeah, don't know about the Steelers though. They barely got over .500 with AB available for 15 games last year. I don't really have faith in Tomlin, I don't think JuJu will immediately become a WR1 without AB drawing top coverage (will he play on the perimeter or in the slot?), I don't think Big Ben will air it out 675 times this season, I don't think James Conner can be a workhorse for an entire season, ... We'll see, but at this point it would be a surprise for me if they make the playoffs.

Marty1968

Absolutely agree. Can't quite understand the big hype over the Browns. Yeah they've got some big players in and Baker does look like a class QB but Kitchens is still an unknown and just going off his 5-3 record at the end of last season isn't much to say he's going to clean up in the division. Bengals will absolutely be the whipping boys in the division but the other 3 will just hit lumps out of each other. Fancy the Steelers to have a good year this year now they've got Bell and AB out the way. Great players but loads of baggage with it. Connor proved himself a more than adequate replacement for Bell and Juju looks quality. Ravens also made the playoffs last year and have improved in my view so will be really tough to beat. Plus Lemar Jackson with a year under his belt 'should' be more consistent. I've predicted Steelers 12-4, Ravens and Browns both 9-7.

JJ12

AFC East is same old, same old.

AFC South should be very competitive and any of the 4 can win it. I had the Colts as the faves before Luck news but still wouldn't be writing them off.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I’d say NFC South is the most difficult to call, especially if Cam stays healthy. In fact, the NFC as a whole should be very competitive this year.

Pats dominance aside, it’s great how unpredictable the NFL is.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
How come episode 3 of hard knocks isn't up on YouTube like the others were?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
But for real is there any reason why the episodes aren't up on YouTube like the first two were?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Let’s petition cancelling pre season? Knock on wood if you’re with me
I think the owners recently filed for an 18-game regular season, with a 16-game limit (which would exclude QBs and kickers, I presume).

I think we'll see a 2-game preseason in the not so distant future, with maybe an extra bye or something to accommodate for the players. Especially Week 4 of the preseason is fecking useless now since everyone is rested. Teams are already resting more and more starters, and rightfully so if you see what happens if you start key players (Cam, Lamar Miller, Jordan Reed, ...). It's just not worth it.

That said - last weekend without football in 2019 this season coming up. ONE MORE WEEK :drool:

Mighty Boosh

I’d say NFC South is the most difficult to call, especially if Cam stays healthy. In fact, the NFC as a whole should be very competitive this year.

Pats dominance aside, it’s great how unpredictable the NFL is.
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Bucs

That's how I see it playing out anyway, Falcons were absolutely decimated by injuries on D last year so should be a lot better. Expect the Saints to regress a bit, has to be a worry how poorly Brees finished the season - first time in over 12 seasons he failed to throw for over 4,000 yards.

RoadTrip

I think the owners recently filed for an 18-game regular season, with a 16-game limit (which would exclude QBs and kickers, I presume).

I think we'll see a 2-game preseason in the not so distant future, with maybe an extra bye or something to accommodate for the players. Especially Week 4 of the preseason is fecking useless now since everyone is rested. Teams are already resting more and more starters, and rightfully so if you see what happens if you start key players (Cam, Lamar Miller, Jordan Reed, ...). It's just not worth it.

That said - last weekend without football in 2019 this season coming up. ONE MORE WEEK :drool:
That trade I made for Ebron (meh Luck is gone though) and Carson probably looks a bit better now since I gave up Hilton :)

And yeah, pre season is a waste of time unless you’re a fringe player hoping to make a roster.

RoadTrip

Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Bucs

That's how I see it playing out anyway, Falcons were absolutely decimated by injuries on D last year so should be a lot better. Expect the Saints to regress a bit, has to be a worry how poorly Brees finished the season - first time in over 12 seasons he failed to throw for over 4,000 yards.
Don’t think so in my view.

Falcons will be second, ahead of Panthers who will at some point will suffer for certain deficiencies in their roster and perhaps a Cam injury. The saints will top the division. They are a different team to the one where Brees needed to throw over 4K yards to win. They’ve got a young and budding defence. Quality at WR and at RB. They are too strong to finish this division in third.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Bucs

Falcons are a PO team if their defence holds up (which should indeed be the case if everyone's healthy) and Ryan+Julio ball out like they usually do.

Brees' stats were nothing spectacular but I think he can stilll deliver when called upon. He's just asked to do a lot less than he used to do, also because he's surrounded by such great talents. They'll once again rely heavily on their running game (hopefully with Murray replacing Ingram in that role) and just take it from there. Brees' accuracy and completion percentage were still ridiculously good last season, there are few QBs in the league I'd have over him if I needed some clutch throws in the 4th quarter.

Think the Saints will go 13-3 again or something like that, with the Falcons right behind at 11-5.

RoadTrip

Falcons are a PO team if their defence holds up (which should indeed be the case if everyone's healthy) and Ryan+Julio ball out like they usually do.

Brees' stats were nothing spectacular but I think he can stilll deliver when called upon. He's just asked to do a lot less than he used to do, also because he's surrounded by such great talents. They'll once again rely heavily on their running game (hopefully with Murray replacing Ingram in that role) and just take it from there. Brees' accuracy and completion percentage were still ridiculously good last season, there are few QBs in the league I'd have over him if I needed some clutch throws in the 4th quarter.

Think the Saints will go 13-3 again or something like that, with the Falcons right behind at 11-5.
I think for the Falcons to go 11-5, they’ll need everything to go their way for all the various ?’s they have over them.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Seattle needed to improve their pass rush. Prolly gonna cut Mingo anyways. They'll also get a 3rd round compensatory pick if Clowney leaves after one year. Effectively trading Jacob Martin for one year of Clowney is a great trade.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Falcons are the NFC darkhorse, IMO. I’d probably bet the over on regular season wins, though I’d have to look that up...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Pats released Hoyer. BB loves Stidham.
There’s some thought he was a good QB on a bad team in a tough conference that can really come good in time.

Same as thought initially with Drew Lock in Denver, but of course Bill will end up being right and Elway wrong except in some parallel universe.