NFL Thread 2019

edcunited1878

Sorry but that’s total BS. You don’t need to watch hard knocks, nor do you need to read media articles, to understand that AB is a tool and whilst clearly a top quality receiver, comes with serious disruption and baggage.
He's an ego-maniac. There are loads of them in the NFL. He was recovering from a serious injury that enabled him not to play in pre-season games but still training properly and gradually. He's played two, maybe three pre-season games the past 3 or so years. He knows the playbook, he's the number 1 option for Carr. The serious disruption and baggage on the Raiders are guys like Burfict and Incognito.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Jerry Jones ain't a dummy. When you have an average QB like Dak Prescott, you need Zeke.
Jerry Jones is a dummy and they don't need Zeke and at those prices, they don't need Dak either.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Jerry Jones is a dummy and they don't need Zeke and at those prices, they don't need Dak either.
Agree with you on the latter. Zeke is special though, and he just turned 24. Obviously, if he gets injured then all bets are off. But if they're able to get a few good years out of him, it'll be worth it.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Agree with you on the latter. Zeke is special though, and he just turned 24. Obviously, if he gets injured then all bets are off. But if they're able to get a few good years out of him, it'll be worth it.
The numbers don't suggest he's special at all. And even if he was, it's still far too much money.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
How much freedom will Rodgers get from LaFleur at the line of scrimmage? How will he look now he's fully healthy again?

How will the Bears D perform without Vic Fangio (and Adrian Amos)?

Such a fun game to start the season. Can't wait :drool:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Going to be annoying this year with Super Sunday games kicking off at 4:30 & cutting into the early NFL games.

Can’t wait for the first OCTO-BOX of the season :drool:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Can’t fricking wait!

I’m in two minds though.

I’m travelling for work, and so the question is do I wait until Saturday and absorb the full splender of opening day by watching the full game on game pass whilst I travel...

Or do I game in 40 tomorrow on my way to work!

Not convinced I’ll last until Saturday but it would be sweet if I could!

Would need to go full radio silence on this thread and nfl news though!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

He’s not going to last the season...

Hephaestus

:lol:

Steelers fans will be laughing so much right now. Actually, everyone who isn't a Raiders fan will be.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

Steelers fans will be laughing so much right now. Actually, everyone who isn't a Raiders fan will be.
Not really. I want him on the field, wanna watch the best players and want them to play. I don’t like the Cowboys much but I’m glad I’ll be able to watch Zeke.

Raiders are apparently trying to void his $30m contract.

Hephaestus

Not really. I want him on the field, wanna watch the best players and want them to play. I don’t like the Cowboys much but I’m glad I’ll be able to watch Zeke.

Raiders are apparently trying to void his $30m contract.
I like seeing great players play but I love all the drama. Giving up 30 million because he's annoyed at a 40k fine is hilarious.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
:lol: he is so so ridiculous.

I can’t help but think Mayock’s comments to the press about being in or out didn’t help. Weren’t very diplomatic.

But notwithstanding that, Jesus, Brown is truly ridiculous.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He's an ego-maniac. There are loads of them in the NFL. He was recovering from a serious injury that enabled him not to play in pre-season games but still training properly and gradually. He's played two, maybe three pre-season games the past 3 or so years. He knows the playbook, he's the number 1 option for Carr. The serious disruption and baggage on the Raiders are guys like Burfict and Incognito.
I’ll offer you a mulligan on this argument of AB being a calculated, serious professional. Last chance saloon... :cool:

edcunited1878

I’ll offer you a mulligan on this argument of AB being a calculated, serious professional. Last chance saloon... :cool:
He's got beef with Mayock and him only as things stand. As I've read and many have too...who does Gruden side with and then there's Mark Davis. AB has gone off the deep end on this one, so I can't defend him. Everything else, I really didn't have an issue with. But if Mayock is going to play chicken/who has the biggest dick game, he better hope he wins this one. No player is bigger than the team, but Mayock is a stubborn, first year GM while Gruden is in year two of his coaching comeback with the Raiders and knows exactly how important AB is to the team's immediate future.

If Raiders end up cutting Brown, one would think they have set the precedence and tone for their franchise under Mayock that no shit, no matter how important and talented you are, will be tolerated. But suspending him for at least one game would make sense. Cutting him and allowing him to join another team...I don't think Mark Davis would allow that to happen, he'd just tell Mayock and Gruden to handle the situation and put AB on the field ASAP.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
WTF is wrong with him, he's such a pathetic clown. Seriously did he get hit upside the head and it changed him?

Sylar

This is going to be a loooong season for the Packers.
I say long but probably over before playoffs :lol: :nervous:

Sylar

Second quarter Season starts, after that first quarter preseason.