NFL Thread 2019

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thielen still a beast

Baker on the move too...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Was about to brag on my OU boys after Baker made that throw down the seam to Higgins, and then of course Seibert misses the extra point.

ha_rooney

You'd think the PAT would be the most automatic thing in the game.

Carolina Red

Staff
The Browns shot themselves in the foot on that 2nd drive after looking like a machine to start the game off with a TD drive that didn't see a 3rd down.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Awesome thanks

Odd that sky sports mix is all the way at 121 whilst all other sports channels are 400+
It's not part of the Sports package, it's available to everyone even on basic subscriptions. Still weird though, you're right.

ha_rooney

Mahomes showing some finesse with that pass. KC going to score loads this year.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Awesome thanks

Odd that sky sports mix is all the way at 121 whilst all other sports channels are 400+
Yeah I think it’s something to do with being included in the entertainment package where they put the odd event you can watch for free without a sports subscription so they keep it away from the sports section.

ha_rooney

fecking hell - 200+ yards already from 8 completions :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff
No, double blocking or something.
Looks like it was instituted last year...
Item 2. Receiving Team.

(a) After the ball is kicked, receiving team players are subject to the blocking restrictions of the offense (see 12-1-1–3), and they may use their hands/arms legally to push or pull an opponent out of the way in a personal attempt to recover the ball.

(b) Until the ball is legally touched or the ball hits the ground, no player on the receiving team may initiate a block against the kicking team in the 15-yard area between the kicking team’s (Team A) restraining line and five yards behind the receiving team’s (Team B) restraining line.(c) After the ball is kicked, a double-team block is permissible only by players who were initially lined up in the setup zone. A double-team block is defined as two players from the setup zone coming together in an attempt to block for the runner.

Note: A “wedge block” is not permitted at any time. A wedge block is defined as two or more players intentionally aligning shoulder-to-shoulder within two yards of each other, and who move forward together in an attempt to block for the runner.(d) After the ball is kicked, no player who was initially lined up outside the setup zone is permitted to come together with any other player (double-team) in an attempt to block for the runner.

Penalty: For illegal blocking or use of hands by either team: Loss of 10 yards.

For an illegal wedge or an illegal double-team block during the kick or during the return: Loss of 15 yards from the spot of the foul. If the foul occurs in Team B’s end zone during the kick, it is enforced from the previous spot. See 12-2-5 for penalty for a low block. See 12-2-5 for penalty for a low block.

*Underlined text denotes 2018 rule changes
https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/kickoff/

mav_9me

Quick question guys in USA. I am a little bit of a Jets fan, want to see their game but I dont live in the local market. So it appears the only way to watch out of market games live is with NFl sunday ticket but thats only available with directTV. Is that right? No other streaming options that I can pay for? Seems backward that.