NFL Thread 2019

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Of course I am. Nobody has been able to stop Jackson on the ground so far. He's been a cheat code the last few weeks and Greg Roman has many more tricks up his sleeve.
That's true.

Cant imagine BB and this defense having any tricks up their sleeves.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Annual reminder that the clocks to back in the UK this weekend but not in the US, so RedZone will be on at 5pm on Sunday this week.

JJ12

Wouldn't count on it.
Definitely not.

Certainly no precedent to expect BB to have his way with a young QB.

All stupid chat aside - there's a middle ground here I'd imagine. He won't get shut down and he won't 'run all over' them.

Skåre Willoch

That's great news. Always rated Sanu. He'll be a very good inside option, and the offense desperately needed more options at WR.

JJ12

2nd rounder for a 30 year old is a bit much, but definitely needed another option.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Steep price but a helpful pickup.

I know everyone is raving about us but really we haven’t been challenged. The next 4 odd games will be really interesting. I’m not expecting us to capitulate or anything but I think it’ll bring the stats and score lines back to Earth.

We’ve played the dolphins, giants, redskins, Jets (twice) Steelers and the bills. Other than the Bills the others have losing records and no more than 2 wins through 7 weeks ... it’s a ridiculously easy schedule we’ve had so far.

Kazi

Not surprised i couldn't watch a Pats game if my life depended on it . Theres just something so dull about them and the ridiculous easy route they get every year to the play offs .

You look at some of the divisions in the NFC then look at the AFC and have to ask who thinks its fine not to change it?
Not sure what you’re talking about.. the Patriots are having to compete with the second best team in the AFC in their own conference this year.

Charlie Foley

Not sure what you’re talking about.. the Patriots are having to compete with the second best team in the AFC in their own conference this year.
:lol::lol::lol:

Bills who scraped past the Jets and Bengals and made even the Dolphins look semi competent are not the second best team in the AFC :lol: please tell me you’re wumming

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Pats have to compete with the 2nd best team in their conference every year.

edcunited1878

The Pats have to compete with the 2nd best team in their conference every year.
NE has a very soft schedule this year and has played teams, such as the Steelers and Jets, at their most vulnerable/worst. They are good and their defense is really good, but they haven't faced a combination of a good QB + matchup issues.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
NE has a very soft schedule this year and has played teams, such as the Steelers and Jets, at their most vulnerable/worst. They are good and their defense is really good, but they haven't faced a combination of a good QB + matchup issues.
I agree. I was just being a pedantic smart-ass.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol::lol::lol:

Bills who scraped past the Jets and Bengals and made even the Dolphins look semi competent are not the second best team in the AFC :lol: please tell me you’re wumming
I think that he simply looked at the records, they have the second best but they aren't the second best team.

JJ12

Soft to this point. It's not soft over the next few weeks (after Browns). Eagles, Cowboys, Chiefs, Texans and Ravens all consecutive (not that order) I believe.

We'll see how legit that D is now.

edcunited1878

Soft to this point. It's not soft over the next few weeks (after Browns). Eagles, Cowboys, Chiefs, Texans and Ravens all consecutive (not that order) I believe.

We'll see how legit that D is now.
Totally agree. I told my dad their schedule I think after the bye week or like you said, after the Browns...it's a much better test. Yet Eagles aren't that hot, Cowboys should be good, Chiefs w/o Mahomes, Texans should be good and Ravens will be really good with Lamar and their running game + physical defense.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Brady will make him look like the next coming of Jerry Rice, I don't care if it was a 2nd-round pick or a 7th-round pick.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Sanders to the Niners! Now that's very interesting, exactly what they needed as well.

Broncos get a 3th and 4th rounder while the Niners also receive a 5th rounder.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That’s a nice pick-up for the Niners, improving the area they most needed to.

Hephaestus

Sanders to the Niners! Now that's very interesting, exactly what they needed as well.

Broncos get a 3th and 4th rounder while the Niners also receive a 5th rounder.
Think that's a good deal for both sides, not a bad haul for the Broncos on a 32 year old WR who would hit free agency in a few months anyway.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Broncos, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals....A full quarter of AFC tanking for high draft picks. :lol:

Wonder when Green will get traded!
I think it's still an 'if' rather than 'when' tbh. But it's a weird situation. First the Bengals said he wasn't getting traded, then they came out and specifically stated he wouldn't play before the trade deadline - what the feck is the point of that...

I thought the Niners would be a good destination for him. Now I hope the Ravens will trade for him, they desperately need a WR1. Hollywood Brown's injury has hurt them a bit.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I think it's still an 'if' rather than 'when' tbh. But it's a weird situation.
He's UFA next season and has no intention of signing back with them. I think he'll get traded.

They lost to Steelers and Cardinals, so even the games against Brown, Jets and Dolphins are dead close. Plus they have Pats, Rams, Raiders coming up. I see no upside in keeping Green.

JJ12

That's good business by Seattle. Why were the Lions looking to get rid?

JPRouve

Scout

That run made me laugh, it's a ridiculous move.

JPRouve

Scout
The Lions have seen moves like that before... it’s just the guy doing them played for them.
Stylistically they have a little something in common, Cook's cuts are incredibly tight and he doesn't lose pace or balance. Here you have a less explosive run where he just makes opponents miss.

Carolina Red

Staff
Stylistically they have a little something in common, Cook's cuts are incredibly tight and he doesn't lose pace or balance. Here you have a less explosive run where he just makes opponents miss.

That’s just dirty. He terrified me when he was at Florida State and the fact that he can still run like that after tearing his ACL his rookie year is just unreal.

JJ12

I love Dalvin - one of my favourite players right now