NFL Thread

Maroon Lucifer

What a great couple of games last night.
Chiefs would be unstoppable if they had Hunt.

If Brady wins the SB, they should make him a crown instead of a 6th ring. Incredible achievements.

Phil

So much focus on OT, so little focus on the Saints getting fecked by the referees and that nothing is going to change, again.

OT rules are silly though

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
So much focus on OT, so little focus on the Saints getting fecked by the referees and that nothing is going to change, again.

Both are stupid and as fans of the sport, really frustrating. All things told the Saints no-call is IMO the worse of the two.

Kazi

So Russ married Ciara so that the Legion of Boom could get paid. But they all left anyway and he got paid, hmmm

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Cause it’s the Pats
Are you seriously suggesting nobody focused on the bad call in the Saints game?

The reason the OT rules get more discussion is because the Pats fans argue over it, whereas everyone agreed the Saints call was ridiculous.

Do you expect people to keep repeating themselves over and over again when we're all in agreement?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm a fairly new NFL fan, been watching mainly the last 2 years.

I still can't believe in OT both teams don't get a chance. If the first team scores the other should get 1 drive to score, if not they lose.

I guess you can argue they should settle it before it gets there, but it just seems to end in such an anti climax.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The Patriots system going to the win the big one. Shocker. Brady will now be the most overrated player in professional sports.

Skåre Willoch

The Patriots system going to the win the big one. Shocker. Brady will now be the most overrated player in professional sports.
If he has to win another ring to be considered the most overrated player in professional sports, I wonder who's the current most overrated player? Genuine question.

altodevil

If he has to win another ring to be considered the most overrated player in professional sports, I wonder who's the current most overrated player? Genuine question.
Probably Kobe Bryant.

Phil

Are you seriously suggesting nobody focused on the bad call in the Saints game?

The reason the OT rules get more discussion is because the Pats fans argue over it, whereas everyone agreed the Saints call was ridiculous.

Do you expect people to keep repeating themselves over and over again when we're all in agreement?
I mean I haven't seen it in the last 5-7 pages amongst the usual Brady GOAT or no GOAT nonsense and OT rule discussion, maybe I've just missed it.

altodevil

Patriot's are a system. Always have been. Brady is the "GOAT" because dumb Americans, and the propensity of patriots fans in Europe.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I think you’re missing the point. He’s picking Brady‘s worst 16 to show, that even with his worst games, Brady won more than Rodgers overall. That’s meant as a proof, that Brady doesn’t need to be as good as others, because of the overall strength of the Patriots.
Or short: it’s the system.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think you’re missing the point. He’s picking Brady‘s worst 16 to show, that even with his worst games, Brady won more than Rodgers overall. That’s meant as a proof, that Brady doesn’t need to be as good as others, because of the overall strength of the Patriots.
Or short: it’s the system.
I didn’t miss the point.

But hey ho let’s just look at stats which are convenient.

Couldn’t I just pull out Brady’s record statistics from the last super bowl and slap a big L on it? Where was the system there?

So let’s just skip the bull crap. The crux of the matter is it’s a combination of Brady and the system. But for Rodgers, people will go to huge lengths to blame everything and everyone but him. Funny old world init.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I mean I haven't seen it in the last 5-7 pages amongst the usual Brady GOAT or no GOAT nonsense and OT rule discussion, maybe I've just missed it.
That'll be because the Patriots game came afterwards, there was plenty of complaining about the Saints no call at the end of that game.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Surprised not to see more discussion about the questionable refereeing decisions in favor of the Pats like the muffed punt, that one “completed” pass where they confirmed the call after reviews showing the ball touching the ground, and the mysterious roughing the passer call that was complet bs. These incidents are also not limited to just this game.

Skåre Willoch

I'm as happy as can be. I know it's probably the last year of the dynasty, before some dark years battling the Jets for third in the division.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I genuinely don't know who's being more annoying in here, people denying Brady's greatness or Pats fans.

altodevil

Overtime rules have sucked for ages. Nothing to do with the Patriots. They probably would have won anyway.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Patriot's are a system. Always have been. Brady is the "GOAT" because dumb Americans, and the propensity of patriots fans in Europe.
The 81-95 SF 49ers were a system as well and Montana is rightfully considered one of the greatest QBs ever. Also, Brady has done a hell of a lot with moderate weapons around him. Montana had Rice; Manning had Harrison and Wayne, Brady has had the likes of Welker and Gronk, who despite having had good careers will never be thought of in the same calibre as the others.

roseguy64

Surprised not to see more discussion about the questionable refereeing decisions in favor of the Pats like the muffed punt, that one “completed” pass where they confirmed the call after reviews showing the ball touching the ground, and the mysterious roughing the passer call that was complet bs. These incidents are also not limited to just this game.
The only bad call here was the roughing the passer.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Such an advantage. This was why the Seahawks were able to be so good for that long stretch when Russell Wilson was on his rookie contract.
And why the Rams have loaded up whilst Goff is on his rookie contract.

This is why Bill B is so great - he doesn't have or really need big (expensive) names, it's all about his system. You play your role, trust in the system and you win.

As for Brady - he knows he's a made man regardless of what he gets paid now. Should he want to he would get any media gig of his choosing once he retires.

(My Hawthorn side won a 3peat from 2013-2015, and is one of only 4 teams in the 120+ years of history of the sport to do it. We did it with that team ethos of playing your role - you sacrifice your game for your teammates and for the good of the side. Our coach spent some time with Bill B and Popovic during an off season and gleaned a lot from them)

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I guess Brady’s reputation suffers, aside from his horrible character and general douchiness, mostly from the sheer unimpressiveness and incredible dullness of that NE offense. It’s just so boring to watch all those short passes and it looks pretty simple.
It obviously isn’t and the mental composure and the decision making he is constantly showing, are very impressive and unrivaled amongst QBs. It’s even more impressive, that they just keep doing it, now that his arm is clearly getting weaker. They just stopped going deep, work the field and wait for the opposition to make mistakes.
It’s mindnumbingly boring, but so hard to do and perfectly executed. Brady will never be loved outside of NE, I guess, as he’s just to boring of a player and not likable enough as a person, but when the best QB is the one, who gives you the best shot at winning, there’s absolutely no doubt it‘s Brady.
It's death by 1000 cuts.

Mahomes with his cannon lead the Chiefs to score 24 with only 3 minutes of ball time in the last quarter. Brady knows that he and the Pats just couldn't match that, so he soaks up time and kept Mahomes off the field.