NFL Thread

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Yet they were closer to the Ram's endzone. Better run the numbers, quick!
I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I’d guess 4th and 5 would pose too much of a risk to stay on the field. The likelihood of conversion should factor into the equation, one would assume.

Carolina Red

Staff
I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I’d guess 4th and 5 would pose too much of a risk to stay on the field. The likelihood of conversion should factor into the equation, one would assume.
You'd "guess"...? What kinda cockamayme horsecrap is that? Might as well just punt at that point.

Sylar

Must be so nice to only score 13 and still batter the opposition.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That throw to Cooks wide open in the endzone was almost funny. He has to share some of the blame, obviously, but Goff is the main culprit today. He was just terrible.
It was just horrendous. 3rd and 2 he took a sack when he could see the patriots player come but just couldn't throw the ball , took a sack before the Fg which made the Fg a 53 yard one , 2nd and 22 he missed a completely free reciever in the middle of the field

Carolina Red

Staff
It was just horrendous. 3rd and 2 he took a sack when he could see the patriots player come but just couldn't throw the ball , took a sack before the Fg which made the Fg a 53 yard one , 2nd and 22 he missed a completely free reciever in the middle of the field
Yeah there were several times he should have found the receiver open in Row F.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
You'd "guess"...? What kinda cockamayme horsecrap is that? Might as well just punt at that point.
Well, as I’m unable to form an educated opinion based on the numbers due to a lack of those numbers, guessing is the best I can do.

Sylar

Brady needs to walk around with an infinity gauntlet containing all his rings.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Rams are the team who run the most fake punts but they couldn't run a single fake today despite punting 9 times because they were almost never in 4th and short situations. It was always 4th &5+ in their own half

Pscholes18

To be honest this game says more about McVay.

Made no adjustments.

Highly predictable offence.

He had nothing original or new to give BB something to think about. Don’t get me wrong BB was very good, and always is, but he isn’t unbeatable. Look at what Philly and Atlanta did.

McVay has to take a lot of responsibility.

Still young as a head coach he will get better.....tough being that young with a young QB to overcome a big moment like the SB.

Pscholes18

While I agree to an extent but there were multiple plays where Mcvay got the call right but Goff made bad decisions . Even that interception is completely Goffs fault . It's not just this game though , all season long he has been playing in a system where Mcvay does a lot of the reading for him
This...and the reason why Goff really isn't very good....it became more apparentl the second half of the season. It's his third year and should be way more comfortable running an offense, finding the open guys when he's being blitzed, taking hits to hit that open man, and his passing has been atrocious....he doesn't seem to have a touch yet.... misses open receivers a lot. Foles would of picked apart the Pats tonight.

mav_9me

I agree. He’s clearly talented and will get better. Game was just too big for him.
Would agree about McVay but I don't think much of Goff. He is decent and that's about it IMO. Probably worse this way cuz they'll end up having to pay him and suffer afterwards.

Pscholes18

Must be so nice to only score 13 and still batter the opposition.

What I'm amazed at is how the Pats somehow win SB's they should of lost.....never should of been to the SB in 01, it was a fumble, then the wacky last play again Seattle, the game against Atlanta and then tonight. But great teams always find a way to win.

Kazi

What I'm amazed at is how the Pats somehow win SB's they should of lost.....never should of been to the SB in 01, it was a fumble, then the wacky last play again Seattle, the game against Atlanta and then tonight. But great teams always find a way to win.
Could be 9-0 as well

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Goff was woeful. Like a rabbit in headlights. Felt bad for the Rams' defence.

Fed up of Patriots.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I don’t understand how Gronkowski can be so tall, strong and fast at the same time. For those of you who have watched him for more than three superbowls, how fast is he? Compared to a United player for instance.

Schneckerl

What a snoozefest.
We were spoilt by last 2 SBs and the Conference finals this year though.

roseguy64

I don’t understand how Gronkowski can be so tall, strong and fast at the same time. For those of you who have watched him for more than three superbowls, how fast is he? Compared to a United player for instance.
He's never been lightning but had good enough speed in his prime. Hernandez and he were a monstrous combination.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
He ran a 4.68 40-yd dash. And that was when he was much younger. So faster than Mata, but slower than Rashford.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
To be honest this game says more about McVay.

Made no adjustments.

Highly predictable offence.

He had nothing original or new to give BB something to think about. Don’t get me wrong BB was very good, and always is, but he isn’t unbeatable. Look at what Philly and Atlanta did.

McVay has to take a lot of responsibility.
Yeah, BB made him look old in this game.
A highly unexpected outcome. A masterclass by BB and their defense.

VP

Patriots dynasty is far above United . It's not even a contest
Is everyone going to let this nonsense pass? winning a cup competition in a niche sport vs dominating one of the toughest leagues in the world's most important sport - at least you're right about it not being a contest.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's not particularly fast, but it helps that around 95% of the world's population wouldn't be able to bring the guy down, like literally, at all. So hard to tackle.

Dying at work for the moment, gonna need a lot of caffeine to survive this day.

Skåre Willoch

I actually thought it was a great game. So entertaining watching the Pats pass rush and overall defense! Also, Edelman finally showing the world what a difference a player like him can make was awesome!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I wouldn’t say it’s far above United... but in a league designed to prevent one team dominating year after year, what the Pats have done for almost 20 years is insane.

The consistency, the ability to operate within the salary cap & the ‘Pats way’ to get rid of players & replace them almost seamlessly is incredible. I don’t think they get the respect they deserve despite dominating for so long.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’ll be interesting what happens with us in the off-season. We’ve lost our DC. I expect Gronk to retire. We need significant changes at WR. Wouldn’t surprise me if Trey Flowers leaves, but I’m hoping we give him a new contract. Gostowski’s contract is also up.

Then you wonder if Bill and/or Brady might call it a day. Neither seems the type to want to step away (Brady probably thinks he could play until 50), but what else is there left to achieve & what better way to go out?!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Exactly - you could probably argue either side of the argument but it's certainly not laughable or anything, I'm a fan of neither team but would consider the Pats as a bigger dynasty because of the reasons you summed up. They had 0 Super Bowls in their history, and less than 20 years later they are tied in first place. It's not like they didn't compete when they weren't winning either given how much Brady has had a first round bye and has gotten to the AFC Championship game. Complete and utter domination in a league that's designed to prevent exactly that, is what makes them stand out imo. Same goes for the San Antonio Spurs.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It’ll be interesting what happens with us in the off-season. We’ve lost our DC. I expect Gronk to retire. We need significant changes at WR. Wouldn’t surprise me if Trey Flowers leaves, but I’m hoping we give him a new contract. Gostowski’s contract is also up.

Then you wonder if Bill and/or Brady might call it a day. Neither seems the type to want to step away (Brady probably thinks he could play until 50), but what else is there left to achieve & what better way to go out?!
Not to mention the McCourty bro’s.

Skåre Willoch

Not to mention the McCourty bro’s.
THey've been in the exact same boat before, no? They'll have some cap space, they'll get additional draft picks, and they'll do the same thing they always do.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
THey've been in the exact same boat before, no? They'll have some cap space, they'll get additional draft picks, and they'll do the same thing they always do.
Bit different.

We usually replace good players, but D McCourty and Gronk and Flowers are broadly our leaders.

That’s why it could be much harder as it’s the leadership and character that’s being lost more than the football talent.