NHL 2009-10 Season

Iron Stove

I feel good for Chicago, they have a good team too. They deserved it, it was nice to have two big time classic teams in the Cup, it's better than having something with like the fecking Mighty Ducks or Stars or shit like that
What about Colorado, Alex? :D

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I feel good for Chicago, they have a good team too. They deserved it, it was nice to have two big time classic teams in the Cup, it's better than having something with like the fecking Mighty Ducks or Stars or shit like that
So basically any team outside Detroit, Chicago, New York, Montreal, Boston, and Toronto is what you are saying? :rolleyes:

Alex

Haha I just felt like making fun of the stars and ducks

Iron Stove

In fairness, the Ducks brand is quite ridiculous.

I like their team though. But a bit less since they traded Pronger.

sidsutton

Hearing that Halak has been traded to St.Louis. No idea who is coming back in return.

Iron Stove

Yeah, Halak for Lars Eller and Ian Schultz.

Don't know about this Schultz guy, but I believe Eller will become a very good player so the return isn't terrible.

Hamhuis was also traded to the Flyers for Richard Parent and a conditional 7th. Their D will truly be insane now. But a goalie certainly wouldn't hurt.

Oh, and Jason arnott goes back to New Jersey. With his cap hit, it should be impossible for them to resign Kovalchuk. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

The draft is just a couple of days away now. Not a great draft from a Swedish point of view, but I think we will have 2 late first rounders or so.

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
Now that Halak is in St. Louis I wonder where Chris Mason will end up (have him in a fantasy keeper league).

nyrfan818

Have to imagine Kovalchuk goes to either LA or NYR. I sure hope it's the former.

Looking forward to the draft, there are definitely some good players to be had at the Rangers spot in it. Sather and co have done much better drafting lately so I hope that trend continues.

Iron Stove

You wouldn't like Kovy nyrfan? Even with the cap going up?

I guess you guys lack other types of players more, having Gaborik on there already. I guess someone like Marleau or a no 1 d-man would be a better fit.

Do you think they'll send down Redden next year? Because that would certainly help.

Tribec

Taylor or Tyler, I don't really care right now. Having watched the Oil Change documentary from TSN online, both come out of it very well. Seguin perhaps shades it, but I don't think by any significant margin However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Oilers perhaps trade for another first round pick before the draft or just as it starts. I think hoping that Boston will give up 2 for some of our assests isn't going to get off the ground. However I do think from 5 to 15 may come the Oilers way. Souray will be used as a bait for anyone wishing to give up the pick, with possibly Cog's as well.

nyrfan818

You wouldn't like Kovy nyrfan? Even with the cap going up?

I guess you guys lack other types of players more, having Gaborik on there already. I guess someone like Marleau or a no 1 d-man would be a better fit.

Do you think they'll send down Redden next year? Because that would certainly help.
Problem with a Kovy type player is he will take most of our cap space, leaving us no space to sign a playmaker. We have no one that can work with Gaborik right now so signing Kovalchuk wouldn't make much sense in that we'd have 2 good scorers without a single guy to set them up. I heard that we're interested in Zherdev again, and, although I doubt anything happens, I think he would be hugely helpful. Lazy he may be, but he's a very talented guy with some very good passing.

I really, really hope they send Redden down. He's a waste of space - as a player as well as in terms of the cap. I can't even imagine what Sather was on when he made that signing. Wouldn't mind Roszival being traded away if someone will take him off of our hands..

Iron Stove

Taylor or Tyler
Taylor

Problem with a Kovy type player is he will take most of our cap space, leaving us no space to sign a playmaker. We have no one that can work with Gaborik right now so signing Kovalchuk wouldn't make much sense in that we'd have 2 good scorers without a single guy to set them up. I heard that we're interested in Zherdev again, and, although I doubt anything happens, I think he would be hugely helpful. Lazy he may be, but he's a very talented guy with some very good passing.

I really, really hope they send Redden down. He's a waste of space - as a player as well as in terms of the cap. I can't even imagine what Sather was on when he made that signing. Wouldn't mind Roszival being traded away if someone will take him off of our hands..
I agree with all of that. I must say though that things are looking up for the Rangers compared to a year ago. Even though he made some Milbury like deals in the past Sather managed to pull off a couple of nice moves this past year like moving Gomez and signing Gaborik. Redden especially needs to go though. Can't believe the money he's making.

Since my last post Marleau resigned, so there aren't a lot of ufa players who fit the bill left though.

In other news Boston have a scary fecking team and farm now.. and to think they have Toronto's first and second next year as well!

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
How sad are we Iron? Watching a NHL draft during midsummer night;)

Nah I was too tired to head out to the "Skärgård" hehe.

Colorado at 17, I want a winger...

Boston are trying to trade Savard, maybe Rangers are interested...

Wow Fowler wasn't picked third....

Iron Stove

How sad are we Iron? Watching a NHL draft during midsummer night;)

Nah I was too tired to head out to the "Skärgård" hehe.

Colorado at 17, I want a winger...
:lol:

Yeah, it really is pathetic.

In fairness I'm drunk and in the country side in the Mälar-region right now.. Even saw a couple of kids dancing around a pole so yeah... amazing :yawn:

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Poor guy his hands are shaking when being interviewed:lol:

Iron Stove

Gudbranson third. Panthers have dealt their two best (good?) skaters in the last few days and there are question marks about this guys offensive upside soooo...

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Jävla skit draft! Avs needed a winger like Watson or Etem and yet they pick a "skillful" center. Something they already had a dozen of.

Iron Stove

Hehe... Richter's been sipping on the snaps.

Rundblad traded to the Sens. He's Karlsson just a bit bigger, but a bit worse so why bother?

I hope someone like Järnkrok (awesome name) or Rensfeldt get drafted in the first at least.

Iron Stove

McFarland looks and acts like Jack from Lost.

I really fecking hate Jack.

Naturally I hope he ends up an undrafted bus driver or something. He was shit at U18 too so feck off Jack.

Tribec

I noticed the Blackhawks helped provide a Stanley Cup first yesterday. In all the years the Cup's been played for and won, it's never been on a Pride parade before. Sopel mentioned Burke's son, in interviews prior to this event. So well done the Blackhawks.

ChicagoPride.com Photos

nyrfan818

I can't stand Sather. Boogard for 4 years, 1.65 million per. I don't care how good of a fighter he is, we could've gotten Shelley back for 2 years 1 million per and he was fantastic for us at the end of last year.

Iron Stove

I watched Tampa quite a lot last year and Tanguay is just completely useless.

Iron Stove

Gonchar. feck sakes.

That is all.
Gonchar is still a good player, but for three years?? Especially with Ottawa having so many good young d-men.

Martin and Michalek are great great signings for the (fecking) Pens. How did they fit all that under the cap??

Hamhuis is nice for Vancouver.

Tribec

Anyone going to claim Sheldon Souray off waivers I wonder? Mind you he may make captain at the OKC Barons next year :lol:

Tribec

Well Souray wasn't claimed, which is hardly surprising considering all the rumours about how he's helped destroy the Oilers dressing room, his injuries and his salary.

The Oilers are looking like they are getting enough big new guys who can mix it a little bit, which suggests that they are going to play the kids next year. It's certainly a fun time to be an Oiler fan, for the first time in a long time.

nyrfan818

So supposedly it's down to the Devils and Rangers for Kovalchuk. Hope he just chooses already.. he was supposed to yesterday

Iron Stove

EDIT: Seems like it's pretty much done now. Kovy to the Devils 60 m / 7 years according to the NY Post (as reported by Dreger)