NHL 2011-2012 season

Iron Stove

Isn't it a red day tomorrow, trettondagsafton?;)

I have this bad feeling Russia will win in a shootout. Zibanejad, Forsberg and Gustafsson needs to step up tonight.
I live in the Czech Republic currently and it's sadly not a holiday here.

Filip Forsberg is scratched for Boyce-Rotevall... ermmm ok.

Iron Stove

That was amazing.. I almost cried haha.. After 31 years, WJC champs again!

Chris & Renberg :lol:

Tribec

WOW!!! As the Oilers slump picks up speed, we stayed with the pace longer this year, but started to pick up injuries again. We had a ray of sunshine in November with a 9-2 blitz of Chicago, and last night we repeated the blitz all be it a different score.

8-4, crazy score line I know like the 80's. However, stand up and applaud Mr Sam Gagner, 4 goals, 4 assists. Ties Gretzky and Coffey as most points in a game by an Oiler, and also most points by an Oiler in a period with Kurri. Not bad company to be joining is it??

So the question is, can we play Chicago every night please??

Tribec

Really Detroit v Toronto for 2013 Winter Classic?? I could have thought they'd pick someone completely different, mind you the Canadian media are going to hype the Leafs on this, being the first Canadian team to play in it. The others of course are all Heritage Classic's.

As for the Oilers, I started to watch last nights early game, but left after the first period, it was shocking and I had the United game to watch. Glad I left, me watching obviously jinxed them and they came back. Nice to see our 2nd,3rd and 4th lines pitching in, as our top line has been carrying them of late. Nice first win in 51 days for Khabi and first road win in 40 for the Oil. We will improve soon, and will be play-off bound with this team, too much talent to say it will never happen.

Wittmann45

Hodgson for Kassian is probably the most surprising trade of deadline day. TSN had Hodgson on the phone about 10 minutes after the trade was announced; the kid sounded shocked and even devastated.

Iron Stove

Still.. Hodgson is 22, how much upside does he really have? I know he was great in juniors and at the WJC's, but I'm not convinced even if he's done well this year. Also, with Henrik and Kesler ahead of him at center, maybe a mean young winger is just what the doctor ordered for the Canucks.

Wittmann45

I saw Kassian play a lot in Windsor and he is a mean dude. There were times when he was unplayable and there were times, especially in his last season with Windsor, where he looked like his talent was wasted in the O and there were times when he looked like he was NHL ready.

Problem is he is also an idiot. He is going to be a good 3rd line forward, but he is also going to be suspended once or twice a year and have problems off the ice, no doubt

mjs020294

Seasons getting interesting down here in Tampa. The Lightning are on the cuff of the play offs with a couple of games in hand. They also play the two teams ahead of them twice in the closing weeks, with 3 of the last 5 against those two teams.

Started go to home games live, great stadium and atmosphere and we can pick tickets up for $10-$20 a game.

Iron Stove

They have a tesla coil in the roof of St Pete's now, right? Pretty awesome I think.

Also, Stamkos and St Louis are great. Shame about the defense and goaltending though.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Damn the playoff race is tight, there is like 25 teams that still got a chance of making the playoffs out of 30 with less than 20 games left. The salary cap and other things really made the league more interesting to fans of non contending teams. The NHL is the opposite of the Spanish Primera division when it comes to parity hehe.

And how could Tampa give away Downie? He's already a fan favourite in Colorado:D

mjs020294

They have a tesla coil in the roof of St Pete's now, right? Pretty awesome I think.
Yes the stadium is looking pretty damned cool. They spent $35 million since last year. The two huge coils are fun and they have also added an old fashioned organ. At the level you enter the stadium they also removed a few boxes so now there is an uninterrupted view of the ice as you walk in. Its a great stadium.

Awesome fight at the game last night, they went at it for ages. The Ottawa player needed helping off the ice and he went to the dressing room for treatment instead of the sin bin.

Tribec

Hockey as such, but the women's world's are nearly complete for a year, and Team GB look bad hosting the Div 1 championship and so far not winning a game. The men's team are starting there own campaign in a reformatted Div 1 with all the strongest teams going into A this year, with 2 up from there instead of 1 from groups A&B.

As for the Oilers, I said 29th would be an improvement, still didn't expect us to win the lottery. I say we'll keep the pick, rather than trade. The only trades I can see us taking is for a top notch D man, with a lengthy contract rather than one nearing the end. However, it's all up in the air.

Wittmann45

I rarely am enthralled with hockey if I have no team to cheer for. It's the same with most sports for me. I can get through boring games only if I have a stake in who actually wins the game. Being able to root for someone is what makes sports special IMO. Not having that team usually ruins it for me.

However, these playoffs have been great. My team is done, and it sucks, but the quality of these games makes me forget I don't care who wins. The only thing that sucks is that the Pittsburgh-Philly series likely isn't going to go more than 4 or 5 games.

If that series somehow goes to 7, it has to be one of the best first round playoff series ever.

Plus, there have been a shit load of dives and cheap plays. I am tired of my buddies saying football is for pussies. Being able to point at players like Kesler for their play acting is great....

Oh, and Eric Karlsson is awesome

Iron Stove

I rarely am enthralled with hockey if I have no team to cheer for. It's the same with most sports for me. I can get through boring games only if I have a stake in who actually wins the game. Being able to root for someone is what makes sports special IMO. Not having that team usually ruins it for me.

However, these playoffs have been great. My team is done, and it sucks, but the quality of these games makes me forget I don't care who wins. The only thing that sucks is that the Pittsburgh-Philly series likely isn't going to go more than 4 or 5 games.

If that series somehow goes to 7, it has to be one of the best first round playoff series ever.

Plus, there have been a shit load of dives and cheap plays. I am tired of my buddies saying football is for pussies. Being able to point at players like Kesler for their play acting is great....

Oh, and Eric Karlsson is awesome
The Pens - Flyers series has been amazing. I never really liked the Flyers, but how I've cheered for them this series. Yesterdays game was both incredibly great and ridiculous. Didn't really care for Pittsburgh before, but now they've turned me into a full-blown hater.

And yes.. EK is just ridiculously fun to watch. He's decent, not perfect on defense, but he controls the game from a deep position like a Paul Scholes offensively.

Tribec

Before the play-off's started I made a prediction of a Hawks v Bruins final... Things could go pear shaped very soon on that prediction.

Zen

I'm raking it in thanks to the Craps, Coyotes, Flyers and possibly Sens....MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Lost on Red Wings and Sharks though....actually don't even know why I bet on them, just really had this thing on it being the year of the upset and all....3 of 6 would make me plenty if Sens win though. KING KARLSSON FOR NORRIS!

Neutral

BTV
How about yesterdays game, Neutral? ;)
Rangers cheated their way to victory - I didn't think it merited a post.

:D

triple OT - but this is going pretty much as everyone expected. Caps will fight and fight hard, it might even go to a game 7, but end result is Rangers win the series :(

kikks

Haha. Thought it was a great game. McDonagh with 53 minutes of ice time :o Both teams had chances and lucky bounces.

Don't know about Rangers winning though, we'll see. Hope for an exciting series. Sucks that Zucc is out, he used to play for my hometown team in Norway. Don't know how much ice-time he would get against the Caps anyway, though. Have a feeling they would knock him about quite a bit!

kikks

GET IN! fecking Holtby. With seconds left in the third period. Keep fighting now, or else Tortorella will give a 30 second press conference again

EDIT: And boom! 1.35 into OT! Rangers up 3-2 in the series. That was a hard-fought win as well.