NHL 2023/2024

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Tribec

I'll take that game 1 win and run with it. Very solid game from the Oilers, they matched the Stars through all the lines and were probably the better team. Yet again though they gave up soft goals, stop them and things it would make things easier for themselves. Mcleod and now Kulak turning over the puck in the D zone isn't good, doing in the regular season isn't great, but over time you can even it out, in play off hockey it can be the end of the season.

McDavid still looks like he's playing hurt, his stickhandling and puck control becomes human as it is right now. However, he's that good you can't cheap on him even if he's not 100% and thankfully tonight he scored an ordinary goal to win the game, no need to skate past all the team, wrap aound the net, beat the team and roof it. A simple tap in double OT..

Tribec

Dallas in Game 1s this year: 0-3. Maybe they have the Oilers where they want them. :lol:
If I'm right the win against the Kings in the first round and now this one is something like 2-8 first game wins for the Oilers. Neither are excellent starters. If we are taking that Kings round as a indicator then it's the Oilers in 5 :D

Tribec

Both series down to a best of 3, the Oilers did to Dallas what they'd done to them in the previous game. Over on a Oilers forum I'm on I pointed a finger at Knoblauch for a couple of errors he made in my opinion, which I felt helped contribute to the defeat, I've got nothing but praise for him today for his decision to swith the starting roster up last night. He's not been in the NHL for a full season, but his body of work has been impressive and whilst I might have pointed out errors, neither of them were down to inexperience, any other coach may have called the same.

Tanev's departure from the game last night may have a big impact on the series, I'm not a huge fan of his game, but he has stepped up in Dallas and had been doing a good job. They've not got a lot of depth in the back end, and this could stretch them a lot. Huge game from Connor Brown, probably his best as an Oiler, which bodes well.

Skåre Willoch

I like this matchup in the finals!
I hope McDavid lifts the trophy. The best player in the league for quite some time now - he deserves it.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I like this matchup in the finals!
I hope McDavid lifts the trophy. The best player in the league for quite some time now - he deserves it.
Yeah I hope he finishes the job quickly, getting the cup once is a huge task and I was happy when Sid got his fairly early on because it just stops all of the tiresome "will he/won't he" narratives every year.