NHL season 2005-2006

Tribec

Just wait and see how long they do if they win the thing......

How dare anyone compare the Oilers to the gooners or dippers......

We are a much classier organisation than either of those two, and our history is comparable to the red club we talk about a lot on here. I mean we did after all have the greatest team of all time, just like this football club.

Still, no more mention of that, I'm still a bit excited by the thought that we are going to the finals.

EDMONTON OILERS,
WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS 2006

thats sweet!

Tribec

He's needed one for years, he thinks it makes him special... More like a member of the Hair Bear Bunch.:lol:

Jacqueline_S

Banned Jackie Chan lookalike
Or..Mr. McDonald's spokesman

cracks me up seeing him during the interview...

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Jacqueline_S said:
Canada > US
Really? That explains why a Canadien club has not won the Cup since 1993. :lol:

It wouldn't be a bad thing to see the Oilers win a Cup, considering all those times the Stars eliminated them. :D But the 8th seed winning the league championship is quite a joke.

Jacqueline_S

well guess what, most of the teams down in the states are full of canadian players.
Canada > US

Jacqueline_S

Sabres - 15 canadians, 9 yanks, 9 others
'Canes - 12 Canadians, 10 yanks and 6 others
Oilers - 21 canadians, 5 yanks and 7 others

Canada > US
oh and btw, don't underestimate the underdogs, they remind me of the Kings, great matchups.

Tribec

J.C!!!!!

I can't suggest that the Oilers winning the cup wouldn't be a nice suprise, but to compare it to Istanbul :nono:

The Oilers have played there way to the final, and got there on merit and will win the cup on merit and the style that is imbeded in the Oiler history. That of course if the win 4 from 7....

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
FresnoBob said:
One would hardly compare Carolina or Buffalo to AC Milan. Those hockey teams seem more like League Cup competitors than CL finalists.
not doing that either, I just dislike the Oilers and comparing them to the scouse just feels right

Tribec

Well, one can have the upmost pleasure of seeing #39 go so near and yet so far!! The money grabbing son of a b that is Doug Weight!! Ha Ha, left the Oilers for the bucks and "glory" oh the irony of it all if he doesn't win, in his only cup final appearance.

Tribec

Game day, well it is 5th June for us already...... Wow, I'm really excited about the Oilers appearance in the cup final. Who's going to run over #39 first? Who'll score first? All good points, but feck it all as long as the Oilers win first.

Come on Edmonton, bring home the silver in 4.....

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
:lol:

Blew a 3-0 lead and then the backup goalie with one the biggest gaffs in Stanley Cup history hands Game 1 to Carolina.

And Roloson is done for the series...knee injury...sucks. He was their best chance.

I'd still rather Edmonton win the Cup (despite being so shit over 82 games). I figure about 300 people will give a shit in North Carolina where as the city of Edmonton would go mad with a Cup win. Most in Carolina land would rather watch feckin' nascar and "wrastlin." It's all Gretzky's fault there are clubs in places like North Carolina. ;)

J2F

MrMarcello said:
:lol:

Blew a 3-0 lead and then the backup goalie with one the biggest gaffs in Stanley Cup history hands Game 1 to Carolina.

And Roloson is done for the series...knee injury...sucks. He was their best chance.

I'd still rather Edmonton win the Cup (despite being so shit over 82 games). I figure about 300 people will give a shit in North Carolina where as the city of Edmonton would go mad with a Cup win. Most in Carolina land would rather watch feckin' nascar and "wrastlin." It's all Gretzky's fault there are clubs in places like North Carolina. ;)
Says the Stars' fan...:p

Well done on the Mavs btw.

Tribec

Where were you when Kennedy was shot? (if you were born!)
Where were you when Lennon was shot? (if you were born!)
Where were you when Cantona signed for United?
Where were you when Sir Matt died?
Where were you when Ole scored against Bayern?

All significant moments in history for the world and for this website. Now I give you a new significant moment from the NHL,

Where were you when Ty Conklin did his best Taibi impression??

Brutal, that was so brutal it's unreal. Whilst lots of Oiler fans are making a scapegoat out of Mark Andre Bergeron as well as Conks, I feel that Conks is the main culprit.

3 shots in 5 minutes and then he gifts the gw goal with such ineptitude that anyone of us on this board wouldn't have done. It was just so painful that for a full 20 minutes after he did it, I just sat dumbfounded in front of the tv, thinking I'd dreamt it, that I had to be seeing things, he couldn't have done that in real life.

Blowing a 3 goal lead isn't good, in the process you lose your MVP and potential Conn Smythe winning player to a freak accident. Things don't look good for the Oilers, but we've been down in series 1 and 2 this year so don't think it's all over till that fat lady warbles. Lot's of positives come out of this game, we matched the Cane's throughout and for the first couple of period's we were the better team. For the first time in a while we outshot and out chanced a team, but they did to us, what we've done to everyone else by beating us with less shots. We can re-group and replenish our troops, as long as we don't let Conklin near the net again.

Tribec

That hurt, lack of effort and lack of discipline cost us the second game. Add to that a goose egg from the team and I'm not impressed at all. We've been down 2-0 before this year, but at least we could claim to be in that series even at 2-0 down.

Tribec

Game 3, won by the Oilers, the first time in 18 years I've seen the Oilers win live on TV. I've broke the duck and now I can watch in a more relaxed manner the rest of the series.

Ground out that win tonight, both teams PP were awful, but then both teams PK did great jobs.

Smythy with the winner was a big plus, that may lead to more confidence in the team and an even better performance on Monday...

linfield

Tribec said:
Game 3, won by the Oilers, the first time in 18 years I've seen the Oilers win live on TV. I've broke the duck and now I can watch in a more relaxed manner the rest of the series.

Ground out that win tonight, both teams PP were awful, but then both teams PK did great jobs.

Smythy with the winner was a big plus, that may lead to more confidence in the team and an even better performance on Monday...
i think the crowd pulled us through on sat, we need them to-nite more than ever. i have'nt been posting on this series since i jumped the gun on game 1 predicting a sweep when we where 3-0 up in the 2nd period.but now i've got a good feeling.nuff said

Tribec

linfield said:
i think the crowd pulled us through on sat, we need them to-nite more than ever. i have'nt been posting on this series since i jumped the gun on game 1 predicting a sweep when we where 3-0 up in the 2nd period.but now i've got a good feeling.nuff said
jumped I the you think again gun........ (rearrange into a well known phrase!)

Chris Pronger was poor tonight, though it wasn't 1 players fault, he stood out for me anyway. He's been such a star this year, but tonight he really wasn't at the races. The Oilers really do need to shoot more though, if they did, they might stand a chance.

Tribec

Normally at sporting events only two Queen songs are heard, tonight we heard one and the other was waiting in the wings to be sung if the fat lady stopped. She didn't but I'm sure I can hear another Queen song coming along...

KEEP YOURSELF ALIVE.............................................

OMG, that was a huge goal by Fernando, and a huge game by the Oilers. Probably the best game of the series to date. This could swing the momentum around. I hope so, but of course the Oilers have to do the same on Saturday.

Jacqueline_S

You lots live near West Kensington? I saw this report on sportsnet news that it's kinda THE place for hockey, it's a pub opposite to 'Chicken Cottage'

Tribec

Yes, the guy that run's the "Three Kings" used to work at the "Maple Leaf" pub in London, but when that became too touristy he moved on and found himself a pub of his own.

The Maple Leaf is London's only Canadian themed pub, and would be showing the hockey, if it wasn't for the fact it wasn't allowed a license to stay open all night.

As it happen's neither of these pubs are exactly close at hand to Manchester and thus, it's back to my mum's place to watch the match.