NHL season 2005-2006

Tribec

That should be good, and if I get back to Canada real soon, I'll make sure I head for the HHOF.... Just some where to go I suspect......

AARONTHERED

im disrespectful to the forum ladies-please abuse
I'm in BC, so I naturally hate the Edmonton and Calgary sports teams. But I'm having a hard time hoping for Carolina.

This needs to just end already and the new season needs to begin

Tribec

Oh baby, 3-3 in the finals and it all comes down to Monday..... I know where my heart is telling me to put my money, but what about you guys.... After that show tonight by the Oilers and the Cane's who will be hoisting the Stanley after game 7???

Jacqueline_S

Banned Jackie Chan lookalike
the Oilers are trying to make history.... they might be the 2nd team ever to come back from a 3-1 deficit, last completed by the Leafs.

Right, game 7 is cruel.

Tribec

Proud to be an Oiler, Proud to be copper and blue...... I knew I was loyal, I knew that I loved the Oilers, but I didn't know just how much an Oiler I was till last night.

The loss last night equalled any loss that I've felt watching United, be it at losses to City or in cup finals to the dippers or gooners. It's just so fecking painful right now.

The Oilers just didn't come out, like they had done in the previous two games, in fact they looked slightly over confident. Still next year we can come back better prepared and with the experience behind us.

Congrats to the Canes, but a HUGE thank you to the OILERS for run, it wasn't expected and you made us believe.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Well the league got most of the awards correct.

Thornton as Hart (MVP) over Poodle (aka Jagr) was the propper choice.

Kiprusoff for Vezina (goalie) is the right call.

Ovechkin for Calder (rookie) is the right call.

Lidstrom for Norris (defenseman) is the right call.

I do disagree on Ruff winning Adams (coach) over Renney. The Rangers have been abysmal for years and finished with over 100 points. Buffalo hasn't been as bad as NYR over the last few years.

I also think Lehtinen was robbed of the Selke (defensive forward) award.

Jacqueline_S

I didn't see the look on Sidney Crosby's face, should've been a good one lol

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
Jacqueline_S said:
I didn't see the look on Sidney Crosby's face, should've been a good one lol
If he was expecting to get it hes an idiot.

Ovechkin has been much better thn him.

AARONTHERED

im disrespectful to the forum ladies-please abuse
So strange watching all this World Cup action after watching a season of NHL.

NHL'ers play with such energy, passion and drive. Footballers (especially in this world cup) play with no shame. Diving about, cheating their way to success. Cant wait for the hockey season to start. Where the athletes are actually, for the most part, admirable.

A team can succeed or challenge with passion and drive (oilers, for example). A team won't win a game by a dive or a cheating. A team can no longer buy success (chelsea/salary cap). If there's a problem on the ice, the players drop their gloves and pound the feck out of each other. Not fall down and roll about holding their face. God knows we've all seen a football brawl. People running and kicking each other in the back, kicking out each others knees and plenty of slapping, to boot.

fecking classless. So sick of this shit. Going to be a VERY long summer.

J2F

AARONTHERED said:
So strange watching all this World Cup action after watching a season of NHL.

NHL'ers play with such energy, passion and drive. Footballers (especially in this world cup) play with no shame. Diving about, cheating their way to success. Cant wait for the hockey season to start. Where the athletes are actually, for the most part, admirable.

A team can succeed or challenge with passion and drive (oilers, for example). A team won't win a game by a dive or a cheating. A team can no longer buy success (chelsea/salary cap). If there's a problem on the ice, the players drop their gloves and pound the feck out of each other. Not fall down and roll about holding their face. God knows we've all seen a football brawl. People running and kicking each other in the back, kicking out each others knees and plenty of slapping, to boot.

fecking classless. So sick of this shit. Going to be a VERY long summer.

Football >>> Hockey

Tribec

J2F said:
Football >>> Hockey
Football = Hockey

Both sports are worth watching, both sports generates passion amongst it's fans and both sports are played around the world.

Jacqueline_S

Tribec said:
That's incorrect, CONKLIN was shit, no sorry that wasn't strong enough.... fecking shit is more like it.
so i was right, Markkanen was shit, Ty Conklin was fecking shit

Jacqueline_S

Tribec said:
Football = Hockey

Both sports are worth watching, both sports generates passion amongst it's fans and both sports are played around the world.
yeh, but not commonly

Jacqueline_S

by any chance, does anyone remember the ....i think its molson canadian commercial on the NHL lockout?

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
Jacqueline_S said:
by any chance, does anyone remember the ....i think its molson canadian commercial on the NHL lockout?
Are you talking about the commercial where all the guys are singing about wanting hockey back or the commercial about guys thinking that the NHL would need new players and that they could make it?

Both were from Molson's.