Nick Ajose

Heffo

Seems that Ajose has scored 2 again today for Bury away at Northampton. He's a player who never really struck me as an outstanding talent in the academy or reserves but he seems to score goals wherever he plays.

Chabon

It's presumably because he's playing at least 2 levels below his ability. Hopefully he can ape Cleverley's steady ascent up the leagues.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Seems that Ajose has scored 2 again today for Bury away at Northampton. He's a player who never really struck me as an outstanding talent in the academy or reserves but he seems to score goals wherever he plays.
Premature to cast him as an outstanding talent but equally premature to suggest that he can't make it. He does appear to be approaching his task with great professionalism and that has been brought to the attention of SAF who does feel he can make the grade.

As has been pointed out he needs a higher level next season which he'll surely get. I can see him progressing along the lines of Cleverly and one or two others who've appeared on the radar recently.One thing about him comapred to Cleverly is that he is a whole lot quicker

prateik

Scored again yesterday.
Bury are on track for automatic promotion to league 1

SecondFig

Really good to see him doing so well, though I get the impression (sadly) that he's not quite good enough for United. BUT he's come on a huge amount in the last season (arguably two), and every time he gets a chance he seems to take it.

Inigo Montoya

Really good to see him doing so well, though I get the impression (sadly) that he's not quite good enough for United. BUT he's come on a huge amount in the last season (arguably two), and every time he gets a chance he seems to take it.
He's still a kid, give him another year at a higher level before making a truer impression

SecondFig

He's still a kid, give him another year at a higher level before making a truer impression
Don't get me wrong - I'm not writing him off. But if I had to guess, I'd predict he'll end up at a decent Premier League level. Similar to Richardson, Simpson, Shawcross, Eagles, Jones or Campbell - all good players, but ultimately not good enough.

jeston

He signed a new contract in January so it'll be a loan

SecondFig

He signed a new contract in January so it'll be a loan
That's what I was leaning towards, hope so - although I've said I thought he'd go the way of Richardson et al., I'd like to see him given the kind of chance in the first team that Gibson has been given

Inigo Montoya

That's what I was leaning towards, hope so - although I've said I thought he'd go the way of Richardson et al., I'd like to see him given the kind of chance in the first team that Gibson has been given
He's a lot better than Richardson, better attitude and much more to his game TBF.There's no reason why he can't progress again in Div1 with Bury, where he's clearly enjoying his football, and then stake a claim for the 1st team.

SAF likes players with the right attitude and desire coupled with talent...I feel Nicky has this but let's wait and see how it works out next season

PS18

It's extremely early (and a little absurd I think) to say 'he's a lot better than Richardson', who - regardless of what any of us think of him - is an established Premier League player. Better attitude? Certainly seems it. More to his game? We'll have to see as he moves up the divisions. He's done superbly well in League Two but that's all so far - kids have had fine loan spells in higher leagues and not got anywhere near making it with us (Richardson did very well on loan with WBA in the Prem, remember).

Inigo Montoya

It's extremely early (and a little absurd I think) to say 'he's a lot better than Richardson', who - regardless of what any of us think of him - is an established Premier League player. Better attitude? Certainly seems it. More to his game? We'll have to see as he moves up the divisions. He's done superbly well in League Two but that's all so far - kids have had fine loan spells in higher leagues and not got anywhere near making it with us (Richardson did very well on loan with WBA in the Prem, remember).
Hardly.
I saw a lot of Richardson in his early years with the youth team and IMO he was very overrated. Ajose has a lot more in his armoury than Richardson; for one he can use both feet better and is a better team player.

As for Richardson being an established PL player...it kind of depends on what one terms "established". To my knowledge he hasn't really established himself anywhere.....one or two sparkling performances very sporadically don't mean a lot in the final analysis

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I like Ajose and I think he's a real productive player. I think Richardson is/was a bit meh. Maybe he believed the hype about him? I remember once, seeing him doing the Giggs celebration (that he used to do with ince) and nearly threw up. Ajose will find it harder though or just as hard not because of anything really other then look who he'd have to keep out the team. His record is real good whatever levels he's played and I don't think you can fault him and I think a mid 20's Richardson is still a bit meh. Still a bit hot and cold. Not really pushed and threatened breaking into a poor England set up.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Agree with every word. At this stage, if we end up getting significant dosh from a Premiership side for him, I'd be extremely pleased. That said, I can't wait to see just how much he's matured when he hopefully features for the reserves in pre-season, before going out on-loan to a Championship side.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Richardson is/was one of the most naturally talented kids to come through our academy in the last decade. Never quite put it all together but he certainly wasn't "meh" If Ajose turns out to be anything like as talented as Richardson I'd be delighted.
He was decent but nothing amazing. He was better probably in his head then on the field but I think technically lots of young players here have limitations. Ajose is different, probably more effective. Just lacking games/experience but I think unfortunately, he's going to find it hard to break through

When you think about Richardson, he has a decent shot/set piece - he should be more influencial then he is or maybe score more goals. However, I can't deny that celebration put me off him. I know it's speculative but I go back to Roy Keanes comments about players thinking they'd made it and maybe that's a flaw he's got?

But I do like Ajose. Consistantly scores goals. Can create. Has a trick or two but doesn't try to complicate things and so next season hopefully he'll be tested at a higher level

Inigo Montoya

He was decent but nothing amazing. He was better probably in his head then on the field but I think technically lots of young players here have limitations. Ajose is different, probably more effective. Just lacking games/experience but I think unfortunately, he's going to find it hard to break through

When you think about Richardson, he has a decent shot/set piece - he should be more influencial then he is or maybe score more goals. However, I can't deny that celebration put me off him. I know it's speculative but I go back to Roy Keanes comments about players thinking they'd made it and maybe that's a flaw he's got?

But I do like Ajose. Consistantly scores goals. Can create. Has a trick or two but doesn't try to complicate things and so next season hopefully he'll be tested at a higher level
Good point! Hasn't done a certain Ecuadorean winger any harm

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Hardly.
I saw a lot of Richardson in his early years with the youth team and IMO he was very overrated. Ajose has a lot more in his armoury than Richardson; for one he can use both feet better and is a better team player.

As for Richardson being an established PL player...it kind of depends on what one terms "established". To my knowledge he hasn't really established himself anywhere.....one or two sparkling performances very sporadically don't mean a lot in the final analysis
He's played at least 25 league matches in each of the last three seasons for Sunderland...fairly established.

Inigo Montoya

He's played at least 25 league matches in each of the last three seasons for Sunderland...fairly established.
Has he? Blimey, I never would have thought it was that many, I just don't hear a lot about him.

SecondFig

Think people are being a bit harsh on Richardson. Sure, his attitude was poor, and in the end he wasn't good enough to stay at United. But he played a decent number of games for us, even won a couple of England caps (scored 2 on his debut against the USA if I remember rightly too).

When he was in the youth team/reserves he looked very promising, it didn't work out, but I've not seen enough in Ajose yet (ability wise) to say that he's "a lot better than Richardson". His attitude is definitely better, but he's got a long way to go before he's even as good as Richardson, let alone a lot better - but here's hoping, I'd love to see Nick succeed at United.

sajeev

Article from F365

AJOSE DECISION 'IN A FEW WEEKS'

Nicky Ajose's suitors will find out in the next few weeks who has won the race to land the highly-rated Manchester United starlet.

It was revealed at the end of the season that a host of Championship clubs were chasing Ajose, and the interest has increased further.

The England youth international had a brilliant campaign on loan at Bury, scoring 13 goals as he helped them to promotion to League One.

But a host of clubs are now looking to land him with Millwall, Barnsley, Doncaster and newly-promoted Peterborough all ready to make a move.

His former manager at Bury - Alan Knill - would also like to take him to Scunthorpe for the season, whilst the Shakers are still hopeful he could return to Gigg Lane.

Ajose's agent Peter Morrison of James Grant Sports refused to name any specific clubs, but admitted the interest was growing all the time.

"We've had a lot of interest," Morrison told skysports.com.

"There will certainly not be a shortage of opportunities for Nicky - which is not surprising given the season he has just had.

"Both Nicky and Manchester United are aware of everything that is going on.

"All parties will be sitting down in the next few weeks to decide what is best for Nicky and a decision will be made."
Football365 | All The News | Football News | AJOSE DECISION 'IN A FEW WEEKS'

I would think Peterborough would have good chance of capturing him on loan, unless he wants to link up again with Alan Knill

prateik

Scunthorpe are in league 1
Posh in the championship and are almost certainly selling their best striker

I think it'll be a squad role in a championship club..

datura

Posh had Mendez-Laing last season, if he goes back to Wolves and Ajose goes there should get a lot of football. SAF jr also gave previous loanees a lot of minutes so would be a good move.

datura

There's an interview with the Bury manager up on the MEN site where he says it looks like he's on the verge of a transfer to a Championship Club involving 'a lot of money'.

I wonder if another is going to Hull?

forevrared

Peterborough has been mentioned.

I thought he deserved another season after his loan spell last year, I think his career could've paralleled Tom Cleverley's.

cj_sparky

I would of loaned him to a Championship side and took it from there like with Frazier Campbell. I was impressed with Ajose after the talk he had finally knuckled down with his training and his performances echoed that effort.