Gaming Nintendo 3DS vs PS Vita thread.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I've read that people usually end up having 80+ hours for the first playthrough so it seems you finished it quite quickly?

Also just read that there's a Persona 5 coming out this year for PS4! Had no idea, great news
Yeah, it was quick and everyone was telling me that at the time. It might have been slightly more but definitely nowhere near 80. I always take ages to finish games normally.

Persona 5 is Q3 in Japan and Q4 in America. Not clear if they are going to release it in Europe by the end of year but you could just download from the US Store or import.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
5 hours into Persona 4 and now everything has opened up. Such a great game and perfect for the Vita

Sarni

I decided I want to get back to Vita. I'm travelling this weekend so it will be convenient timing to pick this up again. I've also realized that the amount of cool indie games handed away with PS Plus is pretty immense - I will download Unfinished Swan, Race The Sun and all the other cool stuff later today and replace heavy games I don't play anyway on my memory cards.

Which PS Plus indie titles are the best?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I want a 3DS XL. Any good deals about at the minute? @Olly I'm looking at you here.

Also why are there so many bastarding Pokemon games now?? Which versions are the best?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I want a 3DS XL. Any good deals about at the minute? @Olly I'm looking at you here.

Also why are there so many bastarding Pokemon games now?? Which versions are the best?
Do you want an original 3DS XL or a New 3DS XL. You'll be able to get an original cheaper, but obviously it's not the latest one.

I haven't played the 3DS Pokemon games yet, so can't be much help there. The ones I've enjoyed most the last few years are Pearl and Heart Gold on the DS, really like those ones. @Earthquake might be able to help more with the 3DS installments.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Pokemon's easy, the gameplay remains basically the same throughout it's generations, each edition more polished than the last, with more features. Unless you find a really good deal on an older one, best off just getting the most current version. In this case Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby. Then just pick whichever one you like by the pokemon on the cover, as everything else is gettable easily enough through wifi trades and such.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'm not a huge fan of the XL versions, I prefer the sharper visuals on the slightly smaller screen.

Apparantly the new 3DS' have slightly better 3D too, though I've not seen it properly for myself to judge.
The big difference is that it tracks your eyes. You don't loose the 3D at angles or if it takes a judder.

Seems a small thing, but a massive impact. I think the smaller new 3DS has a slightly bigger screen than the old one, too.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
My Vita got stolen. Not too bothered about losing the Vita but it has personal information on it which is a big headache now. I have a password on it but I don't think the vita auto erases if you get the password wrong too many times which is a bit shit

Also no more persona 4 golden :(

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
My Vita got stolen. Not too bothered about losing the Vita but it has personal information on it which is a big headache now. I have a password on it but I don't think the vita auto erases if you get the password wrong too many times which is a bit shit

Also no more persona 4 golden :(
Ah, that's crap news. What happened?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Ah, that's crap news. What happened?
I have a part time job at a grocery store where I sometimes use the vita to kill time with. Someone must have just picked it up when I wasn't looking. I could check the cameras but I'm not sure at what point it was taken in the past week. I can't even remember the last day I used it...which is probably not what Sony would like to hear

I'm not bothered about it being stolen really. Just don't want them to bypass the password and get at my stuff. Need to check online to see how easy it is to bypass the password

A couple of years ago my iPod was stolen in similar circumstances. Was brought back by some junkie 30 minutes later who claimed they found it down the street. He didn't have the stomach to be a true criminal I guess

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I have a part time job at a grocery store where I sometimes use the vita to kill time with. Someone must have just picked it up when I wasn't looking. I could check the cameras but I'm not sure at what point it was taken in the past week. I can't even remember the last day I used it...which is probably not what Sony would like to hear

I'm not bothered about it being stolen really. Just don't want them to bypass the password and get at my stuff. Need to check online to see how easy it is to bypass the password

A couple of years ago my iPod was stolen in similar circumstances. Was brought back by some junkie 30 minutes later who claimed they found it down the street. He didn't have the stomach to be a true criminal I guess
Would it have been in a place where a customer could take it, or is there a chance it was someone else who worked there? If there is a chance, then it might be worth trying to find something on the cameras.

Fingers crossed it was the same junkie and they'll bring that back, too!

Member 39557

So. I assume there'll be a few of you reliving your childhoods again early next year?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

So. I assume there'll be a few of you reliving your childhoods again early next year?

People will buy this for nostalgia's sake but you can already use an emulator to play these games on your mobile phone or computer for free (illegal, yes I know). Moreover, LeafGreen and FireRed are the same game but with much better graphics, gameplay and more Pokemon.

Edit: I can see how younger kids can use this to enjoy the originals, but I think they should at least give the choice to play the remakes or this version.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I'm not going to get the Virtual Console versions, but I definitely fancy playing Yellow again :drool:

I may be tempted to get the Japanese physical release though, since they look awesome.

Member 39557

Anybody played Zero Time Dilemma yet?

I loved Virtues Last Reward, so I'm tempted to pick it up.

Sarni

I have dug out my 3DS from one of the drawers, still in great condition after all these years (it's the launch one). I still had Donkey Kong, Layton and the Miracle Mask, Mario Kart and Mario Bros 2 cartridges so started playing DK and having a blast so far. Went and bought some of the Nintendo Selects games and Fire Emblem Awakening before the prices inevitably rise in the next couple of years, and now considering buying a New 3DS which I used to own a few years back but then traded it in for Switch, not sure whether I really need it though.

One thing that I find quite surprising though is that I remember using 3D quite a lot 8-10 years ago when this was my main handheld, and do not recall having any issues with it. Now after using it for just a few minutes I started feeling sick, nauseous and my eyes begin to hurt. Don't know whether it's the age difference as I was 24-25 back then and am 34 now but it's a very different experience. I have for now turned it off completely as you don't really need it to enjoy games, pretty much the only reason why I am inclined to purchase New 3DS is that 3D was supposed to be much more stable there.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Ive still got my Vita (original version) perfect condition. Turned it on recently and realised my eyesight has deteriorated quite significantly and put it back in the drawer soon after