Gaming Nintendo 3DS vs PS Vita thread.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Anyone played Kirby Triple Deluxe? Been playing Super Star and Mouse Attack on the DS quite a lot and it's made me want to get the 3DS one some time, not that I didn't already want it of course. I bloody love Kirby.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Anyone played Kirby Triple Deluxe? Been playing Super Star and Mouse Attack on the DS quite a lot and it's made me want to get the 3DS one some time, not that I didn't already want it of course. I bloody love Kirby.
I've been considering it too, got an alert on HotUK. @Earthquake loves it.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
I've helped my son along the way in completing this game; after several attempts at failing on the final boss I just gave it back and told him he needs to get better in order to finish the game. Went on the back door for a smoke, came back and he'd done it! 4 years old.

I ended up getting Kirby's Return to Dreamland after we finished it on the Wii but play it on the Wii U as it's backwards compatible it's pretty cool as you can play 4 player campaign mode. Looked on ebay at first and for a sealed BNIB version prices go from £50-£150, got it brand new on Amazon for £38. Worth a punt if you're a fan of the games and of course if you own a Wii/Wii U.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I've helped my son along the way in completing this game; after several attempts at failing on the final boss I just gave it back and told him he needs to get better in order to finish the game. Went on the back door for a smoke, came back and he'd done it! 4 years old.
Fecking hell. :lol:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

I ended up getting Kirby's Return to Dreamland after we finished it on the Wii but play it on the Wii U as it's backwards compatible it's pretty cool as you can play 4 player campaign mode. Looked on ebay at first and for a sealed BNIB version prices go from £50-£150, got it brand new on Amazon for £38. Worth a punt if you're a fan of the games and of course if you own a Wii/Wii U.
:lol: Nice. Gotta toughen their video game skills up when they're young!

I love Kirby but have fallen behind with the last few games (well, with all games really), so I need to catch up sometime. That one (Return to Dreamland) looks really good, but yeah I remember looking a while ago and it was quite expensive at most places. Will pick it up some time though.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
I've never played a bad Zelda game, been blown away since Links Awakening, actually trawling through the Windwaker right now. Sort of on topic: Nintendo have announced they're going into the mobile market today, also working on a new console the NX :)

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Picked up Monster Hunter 4 the other week, sure that I'd like it with the extra nub.

Not too sure yet.

Game played better, but still not amazing. Putting time limits on hunting these great creatures is a bit odd, and annoying. Some bits were good though.

Guess it's probably more fun in multiplayer too.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I want a "new" 2DS. All the functionality & extra oomph of the new 3DS, but with the design & ergonomics of the 2DS... I can't hold the 3DS for more than 20 minutes without my hands hurting.

Same as the PS Vita 1000 without using a grip (the PDP Trigger Grip is wonderful).

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
True, but a man can dream :) That SNES themed n3DS you posted earlier looks awesome.

Member 39557

Just ordered a copy of Mario & Luigi dream team from Argos' ebay shop for £17.99. I've wanted it for ages and couldn't say no for under 20 quid.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Mostly for playing PS4 games in my living room when I get the chance, bigger tv and a roaring fire.

Though I'd try some Vita games on tv too. Some games seem like they'd appreciate the screen real estate. It'd probably be better for PS3 or 4 owners who just wanted to play all the PS+ Vita games, I guess.

Alock1

Mostly for playing PS4 games in my living room when I get the chance, bigger tv and a roaring fire.

Though I'd try some Vita games on tv too. Some games seem like they'd appreciate the screen real estate. It'd probably be better for PS3 or 4 owners who just wanted to play all the PS+ Vita games, I guess.
Fair enough. It's a good price. I'd take it everywhere, yano, just incase I wanted to play some PS4 and there was a spare TV on hand.

How come you can't just reverse remote play and play Vita on the PS4? Sony can't say 'people wouldn't want that' since it's their main selling point of PSTV. weird.

I still haven't tried remote play properly, I haven't picked up my Vita since getting my 2DS.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Fair enough. It's a good price. I'd take it everywhere, yano, just incase I wanted to play some PS4 and there was a spare TV on hand.

How come you can't just reverse remote play and play Vita on the PS4? Sony can't say 'people wouldn't want that' since it's their main selling point of PSTV. weird.

I still haven't tried remote play properly, I haven't picked up my Vita since getting my 2DS.
Don't know if there are technical issues with the reverse remote play idea, but I wish it was possible. Or to just connect the Vita itself to a tv would be brilliant.

Remote play is cracking, though the lack of R2/L2 is the odd time an issue, not much of a fan of using the touchscreen and panel if it's avoidable. Fifa on remote play(and probably Pro Evo) is worlds better, and more playable than any handheld dedicated football game in spite of missing the triggers, long as you set the controls so one of the bumpers is sprint.

Alock1

Don't know if there are technical issues with the reverse remote play idea, but I wish it was possible. Or to just connect the Vita itself to a tv would be brilliant.

Remote play is cracking, though the lack of R2/L2 is the odd time an issue, not much of a fan of using the touchscreen and panel if it's avoidable. Fifa on remote play(and probably Pro Evo) is worlds better, and more playable than any handheld dedicated football game in spite of missing the triggers, long as you set the controls so one of the bumpers is sprint.
I think I saw some kind of controller you can add to the Vita to give it triggers?

I'm gonna try it with DriveClub tonight.

EDIT: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Licensed-Trigger-Grips-Playstation/dp/B0072A4JVW

Wait, that just changes the placement of R1/L1? I saw a proper one from an article but it was by some Japanese manufacturer and don't think it's been exported yet.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I think I saw some kind of controller you can add to the Vita to give it triggers?

I'm gonna try it with DriveClub tonight.

EDIT: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Licensed-Trigger-Grips-Playstation/dp/B0072A4JVW

Wait, that just changes the placement of R1/L1? I saw a proper one from an article but it was by some Japanese manufacturer and don't think it's been exported yet.
Yeah, the currently available ones just replace the R1/L1, I Googled and saw that new Japanese one, looks like it'd do the trick, and may even be more comfortable to hold. It's a wonder Sony haven't come up with something that plugs into that still unused port across from the game slot.

Alock1

Yeah, the currently available ones just replace the R1/L1, I Googled and saw that new Japanese one, looks like it'd do the trick, and may even be more comfortable to hold. It's a wonder Sony haven't come up with something that plugs into that still unused port across from the game slot.
You can remote play to Android phones right? There are grips for those which have far better triggers/analogue sticks than the Vita. I might look into getting it on my S4, though I think it's only Sony phones so far.

Apparently it's not just Sony ones. Though maybe needs rooting, not sure.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah the Vita trigger thing is annoying. I always have to remap my controls when playing FIFA via remote play as I prefer the sprint to be on the button than the touchpad.