Gaming Nintendo 3DS vs PS Vita thread.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I only use to read them on the bus home after buying them. Once I got the game and could play it I didn't really care for them.

Member 39557

I've always been one of those people that jump into a game and press buttons to see what happens. I barely read the manuals unless there are some technical special moves like streetfighter or bayonetta.

Most modern games waste the first hour with a tutorial aspect built into the game anyway.

JackXX

Really enjoying the 3DS. I've completed the first dungeon on Majoras Mask. Didn't have much time left after that dungeon though which fecked it up a bit for me really as I rushed it a bit but I got it done. :houllier: Takes a bit of getting used to with the time limit but I've got my head around how to play it now with a certain song. Do you guys usually play with the 3D or not. I can't make my mind up if I like it or not but after a while my eyes go weird so I turn it off :lol:. I've got Super Mario bros 3 to remind me of the good old days and Donkey Kong 3D as well which seems really good so far although have played less of those.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Just before going into Gamestop, had a look on Argos, Majoras Mask 10 euro cheaper, and a deal with the new 3DS consoles, 2 from a choice of 4 games for free. I'm getting Super Street Fighter IV and Rooms, The Main Building Game as I already had Dead Or Alive and Professor Layton Miracle Mask.

Alock1

Surprised how many of you are getting the new 3ds if I'm honest.

Alock1

be king big dick around your sister? ok.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Really enjoying the 3DS. I've completed the first dungeon on Majoras Mask. Didn't have much time left after that dungeon though which fecked it up a bit for me really as I rushed it a bit but I got it done. :houllier: Takes a bit of getting used to with the time limit but I've got my head around how to play it now with a certain song. Do you guys usually play with the 3D or not. I can't make my mind up if I like it or not but after a while my eyes go weird so I turn it off :lol:. I've got Super Mario bros 3 to remind me of the good old days and Donkey Kong 3D as well which seems really good so far although have played less of those.
I always have 3D on. Though I do have it at 50-75% usually depending on the game. As usual the Nintendo games are the ones that use the feature better, 3D land, Ocarina and especially Majora's are outstanding with it.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
New 3DS is here, but charging.

Think I need a screwdriver to switch SD cards, annoying. Not sure about this nub, though the other new buttons seem great, will have to see in proper action.

Can't decide whether to transfer and make this my "main" DS, or stick with my 3DS XL for that and use this for portability and more 3D involved games.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Early impressions are good.

I don't know if it's possible(but I highly doubt it), but I'd love the ZL/R buttons to be usable/programmable for most games.
The nub is decent and useful, but nowhere near as handy as a proper 2nd stick like the Vita(oddly, when the Dual Shock first came out, I fecking hated it and the sticks, took me a long time to get on with them, now I almost couldn't do without).
I thought the screw access for the sd card would be annoying, but it was quick, I guess it would be more annoying if I didn't have like a bazillion screwdrivers within easy access.
The 3D is a massive improvement, didn't much like it on the regular 3DS.
The auto-brightness is annoying as feck, thankfully easily disabled.

Not too far into Majoras Mask, but so far looking like an incredible game(despite the short time, I'm fairly sure I'll like it more than Ocarina of Time). Definitely the prettiest game I have seen with the 3D. The time limit did annoy me a bit, at first, I'm getting used to it though, I like that they'll let you know what you'll loose by jumping back before you confirm it. Seems like it's a game I should slowly worm my way through, picking subquests and such, making many runs at the 3 days, rather than bombing through at any pace.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Can anyone remember in Majoras Mask if there are any masks that you can no longer get if you complete a certain part. I just don't wanna miss any!

Alock1

I wish I had the nub I cant even get a circle pad ffs. Bloody 2ds. It's great otherwise too.

Redlambs

Can anyone remember in Majoras Mask if there are any masks that you can no longer get if you complete a certain part. I just don't wanna miss any!
I'm pretty sure no masks are missable.
Yeah it's been a while, but I don't believe there's anything missable. The game certainly gives the impression there are though early on :)

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I had one stupid moment in it so far.

That shitc**t monkey in the Deku Palace told me the magic bean salesman was in the "outer gardens", where as the two gardens are signposted as "inner gardens".

Spent 10 minutes trying to find another garden. :nervous:

Alock1

Bowsers Inside Story or Partners in Time?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Just started ALBW (by "just" I mean last night and have done the first dungeon). Enjoyable so far but agree about it being watered down a bit too much and seems too easy. Still, it is an excellent game though.

Redlambs

Just started ALBW (by "just" I mean last night and have done the first dungeon). Enjoyable so far but agree about it being watered down a bit too much and seems too easy. Still, it is an excellent game though.
Yep. I think the dungeon design is a bit weak, mostly due to being able to get all weapons at once. Plus rupees are way too frequent.

Hopefully they've tightened it up for the Wii-U Zelda.