Gaming Nintendo Switch

Dave_MUFC

Just bought Panzer Dragoon Remake for just over £5 on sale.

Seems a good, casual game to pickup at that price.

Ainu

Just finished Outlast. Started so well... then became awful.
I liked the first one for the most part. That was years ago though, when the horror-walking-simulator genre was still new-ish. The second game did nothing for me.

Edit: by the way, I'm still not sold on Cuphead. It feels like all style and little substance.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I liked the first one for the most part. That was years ago though, when the horror-walking-simulator genre was still new-ish. The second game did nothing for me.

Edit: by the way, I'm still not sold on Cuphead. It feels like all style and little substance.
I just don't like the fact that I keep running out of batteries and am left walking around in the dark for ages. I have the second one too... so not worth playing? Is it more difficult/longer?

As for Cuphead, that sucks :(

Ainu

I just don't like the fact that I keep running out of batteries and am left walking around in the dark for ages. I have the second one too... so not worth playing? Is it more difficult/longer?

As for Cuphead, that sucks :(
Couldn't tell you, I hated it after 30 minutes and stopped playing. :lol:
I might still end up liking Cuphead, maybe it's just not what I need right now. Perhaps it was always going to feel shallow playing it immediately after Hollow Knight, even if it's a different genre.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Couldn't tell you, I hated it after 30 minutes and stopped playing. :lol:
I might still end up liking Cuphead, maybe it's just not what I need right now. Perhaps it was always going to feel shallow playing it immediately after Hollow Knight, even if it's a different genre.
Same happened to me with Luigi's Mansion 3. I don't think I'll ever like another game until Silk Song :lol:

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
My ranking of the Switch games I've played:

1. Okami HD - One of my favourite games ever and it was pretty seamlessly transferred to the Switch. Always surprised that isn't mentioned more often as a must buy.
2. BOTW - No other game has given me a greater sense of wonder. But yeah, there's a hollowness to it that prevents me from truly GOATing it.
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - A lifesaver during the early COVID days. I'm in a slump of not playing it at the moment but I can't think of a game that I have put more hours into.
4. Skyrim - Well, it's Skyrim. Having played it on PC before I was worried that I wouldn't get used to the new controls but it only took a few hours.
5. Super Mario Allstars - The high ranking is due to Galaxy, which I never really played before. Reminded me of how frustrating Sunshine can be.
6. Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Well, It's Smash. It was fun when I played it socially for a few days but not as enriching to play on your own.
7. Fifa 21 - Well, it's Fifa, hardly revolutionizing but does a job.
8. Final Fantasy 7 - Finally got to play the game all the Playstation kids gushed over. I'm only like 20% into the game so it's hard to make a fair judgement but at no point have I thought 'wow, this is a great game'. Surprisingly ugly, always imagined it as a fullblown 3D game.
9. Pokemon Sword - Too bland, too easy. If all the orginal Pokemon's had been included I then might not have lost interest in catching them all.
10. Xenoblades 2 - Really liked the mood, setting and all that but just couldn't get my head around the battle system.
11. The Witcher 3 - I quit Witcher 2 early on due to the overall cumbersomeness of the game. Should have kept that in mind before I splashed good money on this one.

Sara125

Just finished Link’s awakening. Great that they changed and added new features from the original GB version but still feel like they could’ve utilised online play to add something post main story.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Just finished Link’s awakening. Great that they changed and added new features from the original GB version but still feel like they could’ve utilised online play to add something post main story.

Ohhh thanks for bringing that up I’m going to replay it again! I think it must be my most replayed game of all time

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Breath of the wild is class, right? Thinking of getting it for the mrs.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Breath of the wild is class, right? Thinking of getting it for the mrs.
I loved it. Fantastically coherent world where you really feel like exploring. The game gives you a lot of freedom to do whatever you want, e.g. you can go directly for the final boss after the tutorial part if you want to (but you'll most likely be slapped around). Some people dislike the weapon durability system and sparse story, but I honestly thought it was perfectly fine.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I loved it. Fantastically coherent world where you really feel like exploring. The game gives you a lot of freedom to do whatever you want, e.g. you can go directly for the final boss after the tutorial part if you want to (but you'll most likely be slapped around). Some people dislike the weapon durability system and sparse story, but I honestly thought it was perfectly fine.
Awesome, it has proper held its value tbf to it.

Maagge

I finally finished Mario 64 the other day after a break from it playing Civ 6. I have to say it wasn't that good an experience. It doesn't control that well and the camera is awful.
I've started Sunshine now and that plays so much better. Much more enjoyable.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Finished Outlast 1 (plus DLC) and Outlast 2.

The second was much better for me because:

The spaces are bigger so you have a legit chance of avoiding baddies or hiding from them if they chase you. In the original, I kept getting cornered in the narrow hallways.
It's far less dark. I never once ran out of batteries whereas in the original, I was always on like one spare battery or in one area (courtyard) I was literally roaming around in the dark trying to find where to go. Probably one of the worst gaming experiences I've faced that was :lol:
I prefer the setting and story (more of a fan of cults than mental asylums).
There is more diverse gameplay and story techniques. The original felt very repetitive by the midpoint. This one has flashbacks, rafts, outdoor spaces, indoor space etc.

b82REZ

I finally finished Mario 64 the other day after a break from it playing Civ 6. I have to say it wasn't that good an experience. It doesn't control that well and the camera is awful.
I've started Sunshine now and that plays so much better. Much more enjoyable.
I couldn't stand Sunshine. It was the main reason I bought the collection, but the shite camera and awful jump controls ruined it for me.

M64 is just there for nostalgia, it doesn't hold up to modern standards.

Maagge

I couldn't stand Sunshine. It was the main reason I bought the collection, but the shite camera and awful jump controls ruined it for me.

M64 is just there for nostalgia, it doesn't hold up to modern standards.
Coming from M64 the camera in Sunshine is amazing. I have very few complaints anyway.

Ainu

Wait the head of Nintendo America is actually named Bowser?
I thought that name ruined the story a bit because it's too obvious. Turns out that's the only part about it that's actually true! Wtf! :lol:

Finished Outlast 1 (plus DLC) and Outlast 2.

The second was much better for me because:

The spaces are bigger so you have a legit chance of avoiding baddies or hiding from them if they chase you. In the original, I kept getting cornered in the narrow hallways.
It's far less dark. I never once ran out of batteries whereas in the original, I was always on like one spare battery or in one area (courtyard) I was literally roaming around in the dark trying to find where to go. Probably one of the worst gaming experiences I've faced that was :lol:
I prefer the setting and story (more of a fan of cults than mental asylums).
There is more diverse gameplay and story techniques. The original felt very repetitive by the midpoint. This one has flashbacks, rafts, outdoor spaces, indoor space etc.
I'm surprised you liked the second one that much, as I instantly turned it off. Maybe I should give it another go.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm surprised you liked the second one that much, as I instantly turned it off. Maybe I should give it another go.
Nah I didn't like it that much, just thought it was much more enjoyable than the first.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Any reason why the console is out of stock everywhere? Only way to buy is to pre order special editions?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Roughly how many games can the Switch internal memory hold? So far in downloads I have the SNES that was free on the eshop, Syberia, Syberia 2, and Max: The curse of brotherhood. I have physical copies of Link’s awakening, Fifa 20 and Pokemon sword. I plan to get a few more flagship/AAA games (I have LM3, BOTW and odyssey in mind). I also plan to download hollow knight to see what the fuss is about plus a couple of other indie games in the eshop that I’ve had my eye on. So yeah do you guys reckon the internal memory is enough for all of this content?
Hmm for all that, not quite. Switch's internal memory is 32gb and with the OS there's about 26gb left for games.

Luigi's Mansion - 6gb
BotW - 13gb
Odyssey - 6gb

Syberia - 3gb
Max Curse of Brotherhood - 3gb
Hollow Knight - 2gb

Total (excluding saves and the like): 33gb

If you're planning to get all of those on the device at the same time, I would suggest buying a micro sd expansion. 64gb should be enough.

This one's going for £7.50: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-microSD-SDCS2-Adapter-Included/dp/B07YGZQ4H8

Last edited:

Sara125

Switch's internal memory is 32gb and with the OS there's about 26gb left for games.

Luigi's Mansion - 6gb
BotW - 13gb
Odyssey - 6gb

Syberia - 3gb
Max Curse of Brotherhood - 3gb
Hollow Knight - 2gb

Total (excluding saves and the like): 33gb

If you're planning to get all of those on the device at the same time, I suggest buying a micro sd expansion. 64gb should be enough.

This one's going for £7.50: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-microSD-SDCS2-Adapter-Included/dp/B07YGZQ4H8
Yep I think I’ll go for the SD card. Thanks :)

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Need a new game.

Finally finished every game in my library, which incudes the below:

Hollow Knight
Luigi's Mansion 3
Outlast 1 & 2
Mario Maker 2 (story mode)

So need something new...

I'm leaning towards Cuphead or Messenger. Which one of these do people prefer? Or is there something else I should get instead?

Until I make a choice, I'll just play Smash as that's always fun.

Maagge

Need a new game.

Hollow Knight
Luigi's Mansion 3
Outlast 1 & 2

So need something new...

I'm leaning towards Cuphead or Messenger. Which one of these do people prefer? Or is there something else I should get instead?

Celeste maybe?

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Need a new game.

Hollow Knight
Luigi's Mansion 3
Outlast 1 & 2

So need something new...

You could try the steamworld games. Heist in particular is awesome.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I've gotten obsessed with Slay the Spire, and wasn't really expecting to based on the genre. The replayability is insane.