Gaming Nintendo Switch

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Finished Luigi's Mansion 3 yesterday. Can't say I enjoyed it really.

It looked amazing but the gameplay just remains the same, the difficulty doesn't really increase and the game just feels repetitive. Also, lack of story is annoying but I expected that with this kind of game.

Which brings the question, why do people play games like this? What do you get out of it? I would love someone who enjoyed the game to chime in here.

Not sure what to do now... I normally don't like selling games but Nintendo games fetch a nice fee and selling it means I can straight swap to Mario Odyssey... But I hate the process of selling...

Aint gota Kalou

I need some recommendation on games. I've got Mario Maker, BoTW, Luigis mansion (meh) and Mario Kart. Something single player.

Would've liked a pokemon game but I've heard they're all ridiculously easy?

Bojan11

I need some recommendation on games. I've got Mario Maker, BoTW, Luigis mansion (meh) and Mario Kart. Something single player.

Hades, Astral Chain, Mario Odyssey, 3D Mario remaster, Bayonetta 2, Yoshi and if you want something long then Xenoblade 2.

Cloud7

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, and then Xenoblade Chronicles 2 after that. Best money you'll ever spend on your switch.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, and then Xenoblade Chronicles 2 after that. Best money you'll ever spend on your switch.
I wasn't mad on either. Though I did finish 2, begrudgingly.

Octopath Traveler is the best RPG on it I think.

Also Fire Emblem Three Houses is an absolute must.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Darkest Dungeon. Especially since you don't want an easy game. Hades is also a great shout.

Cloud7

I wasn't mad on either. Though I did finish 2, begrudgingly.

Octopath Traveler is the best RPG on it I think.

Also Fire Emblem Three Houses is an absolute must.
You need to re-evaluate your life choices and who you are as a person in that case.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Xenoblade is a bit too Japanese for me. 12 year old looking girls with giant boobs prancing about in a skirt while delivering pointless exposition annoys me to no end.

I have the same problem with the Persona franchise. I'm the opposite of an Otaku I guess.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Everything! I loved the puzzles, the ghost hunting, collecting shit, the charm, everything.
I thought it was boring. Too easy. No story. Gameplay that doesn't evolve. Repetitive. I'm glad you liked it though and it's a big title so I assume I'm in the minority.

It didn't help that I played this after Hollow Knight, which became one of my favourite games ever.

b82REZ

Anybody played two point hospital? Loved theme hospital back in the day, hoping it lives up to how fun that game was.
I got it for my gf a while back.

Similarly I loved Theme Hospital, but struggled to get into Two Point. They're pretty much the same game, so maybe it's more of a problem for me because most people seem to love the game

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I thought it was boring. Too easy. No story. Gameplay that doesn't evolve. Repetitive. I'm glad you liked it though and it's a big title so I assume I'm in the minority.

It didn't help that I played this after Hollow Knight, which became one of my favourite games ever.
Different games, and even if I loved LM3, HK is top 5 games on the switch for me while LM3 probably more like top 15.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Different games, and even if I loved LM3, HK is top 5 games on the switch for me while LM3 probably more like top 15.
That makes sense. I think it was more due to finishing Hollow Knight and whatever game I played next would have not been as fun. Is Mario Odyssey like Luigi Mansion? If so, I may just skip it.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Why don't Nintendo make a Pokémon MMO? Or at least a version with a good online functionality.

Do they hate money?
Nothing Nintendo does ever makes sense.

They celebrate 35 years of Mario, but delay releasing the Mario Switch Console until well after.

Who the feck does that :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why don't Nintendo make a Pokémon MMO? Or at least a version with a good online functionality.

Do they hate money?
Yeah, they could make a shitload from selling cosmetics alone. Have all the regions, or start off with a couple and expand, add more quests etc. Graphics either in the style of New Pokemon Snap or Lets Go for simplicity (but with proper battles).

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
That makes sense. I think it was more due to finishing Hollow Knight and whatever game I played next would have not been as fun. Is Mario Odyssey like Luigi Mansion? If so, I may just skip it.
Mario Odessey is very different, the main game itself isn't challenging although very fun, but post game is very challenging.

Sara125

The newer ones are (still my favourite franchise though). I don’t know how much you know about Pokemon but back in the day you’d really have to grind to level up your Pokemon but now there are so many ways of getting EXP. The Elite 4 are ridiculously easy to beat as well.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

Do they hate money?
I'll be honest, as someone who plays pokemon a lot, I'd hate that, I want it still be a JRPG, the online was fine in swsh and the QoL improvements to ease the entry into competitive play was really good, I hope they'll do better on the story/graphics side on next entries though.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
The newer ones are (still my favourite franchise though). I don’t know how much you know about Pokemon but back in the day you’d really have to grind to level up your Pokemon but now there are so many ways of getting EXP. The Elite 4 are ridiculously easy to beat as well.
Is grinding levels really difficulty? If they only improve the ai they can make it challenging, ie the doubles gym battle in swsh was really good, they could use more battles like that.

Sara125

Is grinding levels really difficulty? If they only improve the ai they can make it challenging, ie the doubles gym battle in swsh was really good, they could use more battles like that.
It’s not difficult per se but it’s just very time consuming.

decorativeed

The Pokemon games are the same difficulty they've always been, if you're wanting one.

If you like platformers and fancy something challenging, try Cuphead.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

For a few indies check out Celeste, Hollow Knight, Golf Story or Stardew Valley dependent on what you like.

There's also Mario + Rabbids for an X-COM like game.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I'm pretty hyped for this coming out at the start of feb, hope it turns out good.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax

I'd say Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Easily my favourite game on the Switch.

celia

I would say Fire Emblem : Three Houses, a tactical RPG game, you can change the difficulty and it is a long game. It isn't fanservice but it is really anime-like.

The main adventure of Pokémon Sword Shield is easy, I heard it is doable in 16-20 hours. I did it in more time because of time spent in raids and catching pokémon (I filled half of the pokédex before being champion). I think the main adventure is even easier than usual because there is no puzzle (well maybe one in a gym) so no chance to be stuck in caves.

Doing solo the raids can be more complicate against some pokémon and doing the battle tower isn't that easy. And then there is the pvp. If you can finish the story quite easily with random pokémon, these parts require more or less to carefully create a nearly perfect pokémon.