Gaming Nintendo Switch

Sara125

Anyone got Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD? I used to love the GameCube one. Only found out today there’s a switch game.

b82REZ

Anyone got Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD? I used to love the GameCube one. Only found out today there’s a switch game.
I've got it.

It still has all the frustrating aspects of the original. The graphics are a lot prettier, obviously.

Did you know there's a more definitive remaster coming soon?

Sara125

I've got it.

It still has all the frustrating aspects of the original. The graphics are a lot prettier, obviously.

That must’ve been what I saw advertised on Nintendo news. Might as well wait for that then.

20solskjaer

I've got it.

I’ve got banana blitz hd and its pretty good, i’m a big monkey ball fan though

i’ll be picking up banana mania when that comes out too, i haven’t played the original 2 in years

20solskjaer

Alex Kidd DX is amazing!
Mine was delivered today along with tony hawks pro skater 1+2, i haven’t opened it or played it yet and after reading a few reviews and watching a few videos about it i wasn’t really looking forward to playing it, its been slated quite a bit

i’m glad to hear you are enjoying it, gives me renewed hope

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Mine was delivered today along with tony hawks pro skater 1+2, i haven’t opened it or played it yet and after reading a few reviews and watching a few videos about it i wasn’t really looking forward to playing it, its been slated quite a bit

i’m glad to hear you are enjoying it, gives me renewed hope
Maybe I'm biased because it was the first game I ever completed but I love the new look and the old game is on there too. I'm loving it and really enjoying the difficulty of it.

20solskjaer

I
Maybe I'm biased because it was the first game I ever completed but I love the new look and the old game is on there too. I'm loving it and really enjoying the difficulty of it.
i played it way back, my brother had a master system with it built in but haven’t played it in probably 30 years, it was the new look that hooked me into buying it

Will hopefully get around to playing it tomorrow, i managed to get about 5 minutes playtime on tony hawk before my 7 year old decided she wanted to be a skateboarder tonight so i’m not holding my breath :lol:

b82REZ

Im tempted but I’m not fully convinced yet, given the sports games are some of the ones you can pick up cheaper down the line sometimes I may wait
That's where I'm at with. But I've played a lot of Golf with your Friends during lockdown and it's really fun. Suppose I'm better off waiting until I know someone else who has bought it, because I can't imagine it'll be a game I play much on my own.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Has anyone grabbed Mario Golf?
It sounds like there isn't that much content (like with Mario Party) so maybe it's better to wait a bit and see if it gets a bit more added and/or gets discounted.

b82REZ

Im tempted but I’m not fully convinced yet, given the sports games are some of the ones you can pick up cheaper down the line sometimes I may wait
It sounds like there isn't that much content (like with Mario Party) so maybe it's better to wait a bit and see if it gets a bit more added and/or gets discounted.
My girlfriend bought me this over weekend. I'm having loads of fun with it so far. Speed golf is the real standout, but things like Cross Country golf in the story mode are fun too.

My only complaint is all the courses are locked off until you beat the adventure mode. Only having one course for local multiplayer is a bit shit and while I appreciate they've attempted a story mode, it's very sluggish and repetitive and a bit of a chore, that unfortunately I will have to play.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
My girlfriend bought me this over weekend. I'm having loads of fun with it so far. Speed golf is the real standout, but things like Cross Country golf in the story mode are fun too.

My only complaint is all the courses are locked off until you beat the adventure mode. Only having one course for local multiplayer is a bit shit and while I appreciate they've attempted a story mode, it's very sluggish and repetitive and a bit of a chore, that unfortunately I will have to play.
Oh you may just have convinced me to pick this up now

b82REZ

Oh you may just have convinced me to pick this up now
I'd recommend it if you plan to play multiplayer in either form.

If you're going to be mainly playing alone you may get some enjoyment from adventure mode but you might burn out quickly after that.

This game has made me realise how bad the online aspects are on the Switch. Not having the option to have a voice chat is appalling.

Also I grabbed it from Asda which seems to be about a 10er cheaper than everywhere else.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'd recommend it if you plan to play multiplayer in either form.

If you're going to be mainly playing alone you may get some enjoyment from adventure mode but you might burn out quickly after that.

This game has made me realise how bad the online aspects are on the Switch. Not having the option to have a voice chat is appalling.

Also I grabbed it from Asda which seems to be about a 10er cheaper than everywhere else.
Yeah I may have a dabble online, honestly I just like playing golf I’m not fussy.
Their online is shit though, have you tried the app I think I read it might support some chat in this game?

b82REZ

Yeah I may have a dabble online, honestly I just like playing golf I’m not fussy.
Their online is shit though, have you tried the app I think I read it might support some chat in this game?
I believe that is their work around.

It's a terrible decision that I either have to use their shitty app or use discord.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I believe that is their work around.

It's a terrible decision that I either have to use their shitty app or use discord.
It is frustrating. Me and my friends do a WhatsApp call when we're playing online together.

decorativeed

It is frustrating. Me and my friends do a WhatsApp call when we're playing online together.
Everyone chalked this kind of thing and the lack of virtual console up to launch difficulties and that updates would bring these features. And here we are about 5 years on without so much as Bluetooth headset support.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Everyone chalked this kind of thing and the lack of virtual console up to launch difficulties and that updates would bring these features. And here we are about 5 years on without so much as Bluetooth headset support.
This is really pissing me off. How has this not been sorted is beyond belief.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Hoping a knowledgeable Caftard can help me out: I'm buying my son a switch for his birthday in August, ahead of some travelling where we definitely won't have wifi. Have two questions which feel bizarre to this 'old' gamer:
1. Can you buy fully functional games off the digital store without needing physical discs? I live on a rock and we don't have access to a store that sells them, believe it or not
2. Can you play all those games offline (obv not multiplayer/online bits)?

I'm getting mixed messages on both from the old Google so thought I'd ask. Basically, I'm forced to use the digital store for buying games, and want to be able to play them on trains/planes/automobiles.

Thanks!

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Hoping a knowledgeable Caftard can help me out: I'm buying my son a switch for his birthday in August, ahead of some travelling where we definitely won't have wifi. Have two questions which feel bizarre to this 'old' gamer:
1. Can you buy fully functional games off the digital store without needing physical discs? I live on a rock and we don't have access to a store that sells them, believe it or not
2. Can you play all those games offline (obv not multiplayer/online bits)?

I'm getting mixed messages on both from the old Google so thought I'd ask. Basically, I'm forced to use the digital store for buying games, and want to be able to play them on trains/planes/automobiles.

Thanks!
That sounds like you should get him a microSD card as well.

But yes, you can buy full games with all the bells and whistles from the eShop. As long as they're installed you can play them. If you run out of space for a new game you can always uninstall another game you've bought and install it again at a later date.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
That sounds like you should get him a microSD card as well.

But yes, you can buy full games with all the bells and whistles from the eShop. As long as they're installed you can play them. If you run out of space for a new game you can always uninstall another game you've bought and install it again at a later date.
Phew, thats' what I hoped but with Nintendo you never know! Thanks!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It’s only disappointing because the gaming sites have been going on about a fabled “switch pro” for years now and building people’s expectations up

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Pretty sure it only cost me 20 quid to trade in my original Switch for the one with the bigger battery in Gamestop. Would happily do the same again for that lovely white version.

Havak

Pokemon master
It seems like quite a strange upgrade initially. I'm not sure who this caters to exactly?

People who don't have a Switch yet and were planning on getting one this year will probably be swayed, but I don't see why anyone who has one already would unless game stores offer a good part-ex rate with data transfer done first.

My assumption is that Nintendo may be running out of screens for the current model and they needed to do something else short-term before they release a more powerful console. So, in the not too distance future we could see the current hybrid model phased out and replaced by this entirely.

Lan port and better speakers feel tacked on just to try and justify the extra cost a bit more, as without the power boost of some kind (at least 50% more RAM) they will not be attracting the more hardcore player base (the kind of people who are wanting a Switch 'Pro', which this isn't and doesn't cater to).

I will probably be proved wrong because it's still a Switch, but unless it replaced the current Switch, I can't see it having the same sales as the current models. It's far too much of a half measure.

Bosws87

It seems like quite a strange upgrade initially. I'm not sure who this caters to exactly?

People who don't have a Switch yet and were planning on getting one this year will probably be swayed, but I don't see why anyone who has one already would unless game stores offer a good part-ex rate with data transfer done first.

My assumption is that Nintendo may be running out of screens for the current model and they needed to do something else short-term before they release a more powerful console. So, in the not too distance future we could see the current hybrid model phased out and replaced by this entirely.

Lan port and better speakers feel tacked on just to try and justify the extra cost a bit more, as without the power boost of some kind (at least 50% more RAM) they will not be attracting the more hardcore player base (the kind of people who are wanting a Switch 'Pro', which this isn't and doesn't cater to).

I will probably be proved wrong because it's still a Switch, but unless it replaced the current Switch, I can't see it having the same sales as the current models. It's far too much of a half measure.
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen if any time in the short term they announce another model especially an upgraded model that's a PR nightmare.

Havak

Pokemon master
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen if any time in the short term they announce another model especially an upgraded model that's a PR nightmare.
Exactly, I don't think we see a Switch that's more powerful now until 2023 at the earliest. At least everyone can shut up about it now.

Shark

@NotShark
It’s only disappointing because the gaming sites have been going on about a fabled “switch pro” for years now and building people’s expectations up
They could have at least bumped up the specs a tad bit, didn't even have to be anything drastic. Can understand the disappointment tbh if I was a Nintendo fan. Especially if I was someone buying ports on the system and they're barely hitting 30fps at low resolutions.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They could have at least bumped up the specs a tad bit, didn't even have to be anything drastic. Can understand the disappointment tbh if I was a Nintendo fan. Especially if I was someone buying ports on the system and they're barely hitting 30fps at low resolutions.
The problem with that is splitting the player base for something half arsed.

I think at least this proves the gaming/tech sites and twitter IDK don't know shit. I mean I heard about the screens myself, but had no idea they'd add them and the bloody ethernet port to the original system and sell as a new one :lol:

We are at least 18months away from a power upgrade IMO. It is definitely in the works, but devs don't even know what the first wave of specs are supposed to be yet including in house.