Gaming Nintendo Switch

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Keep going champ. You'll eventually realise it's the worst 3D Zelda game :)
It is for sure the worst but still a good game. They did a decent job in the remaster and made some improvements

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is Splatoon 3 a fun game that me and 3 mate can play online?

If not, can someone recommend me something?

I liked:
Mario Maker 2
Mario Party
Fall Guys
Worms
Trivial Pursuit
Rocket League
Bro Force
Mario Kart

Hated:
Mario Strikers
Smash Bros. Ultimate

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Got Advance Wars remake, which was one of my favorite series back in Game Boy days and got sucked into it properly. Pure fun.

I need Nintendo to make a new console though. Something that could run multiplatform games so I could get rid of PS5 and XSX. :drool:

Last edited:

Unam333

Got Advance Wars remake, which was one of my favorite series back in Game Boy days and got sucked into it properly. Pure fun.
They finally released it. I already have the GBA games, so is the Switch version worth it? Any changes in the story or gameplay?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I've kinda been hooked by Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. But a few things are bugging me: Underwear is not armour. It makes no sense that trunks are better armour than, you know, actual plate mails. Hell some of the armour is oil or cream...

And you can't convince me they didn't use a random word generator to come up with names of collectables and monsters. Monsters called "Immovable Gonzales" and "Clifftop Bayern" ffs.

Sarni

They finally released it. I already have the GBA games, so is the Switch version worth it? Any changes in the story or gameplay?
I don't really remember GBA ones that well as I played them probably some 15 years ago, all I can say is I have had it since Saturday and already clocked almost 10 hours. I think they did not change much so if you have originals you are probably better off playing them, especially as graphics and design on the new one are not particularly impressive IMO. It looks very gimmicky and childish, more like a mobile phone game than a full priced title. But naturally being a sucker for turn based strategy I absolutely adore it.

ArjenIsM3

I've kinda been hooked by Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. But a few things are bugging me: Underwear is not armour. It makes no sense that trunks are better armour than, you know, actual plate mails. Hell some of the armour is oil or cream...

And you can't convince me they didn't use a random word generator to come up with names of collectables and monsters. Monsters called "Immovable Gonzales" and "Clifftop Bayern" ffs.
:lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

It's a very good game but yes that underwear thing is complete cringe. If you ever look up people's opinions on forums, you find a lot of dweebs are very defensive about how important it is. fecking dweebs.

Unam333

I don't really remember GBA ones that well as I played them probably some 15 years ago, all I can say is I have had it since Saturday and already clocked almost 10 hours. I think they did not change much so if you have originals you are probably better off playing them, especially as graphics and design on the new one are not particularly impressive IMO. It looks very gimmicky and childish, more like a mobile phone game than a full priced title. But naturally being a sucker for turn based strategy I absolutely adore it.
Thank you Sarni. I love Advance Wars, I had it in preorder a while ago for a very good price, but my preorder got cancelled due to the war in Ukraine. The item is on sale now, but unfortunately the retail price has gone up as well. The game is almost as expensive as Nintendo's first party titles like Mario and Zelda.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I know it's Nintendo but Advance Wars will definitely drop to £30 after a few months IMO as a few retailers are already selling it for £40 (e.g. Argos).
Yeah I got it for £40. Is it good? I can't be arsed to play it :lol:

celia

Is Splatoon 3 a fun game that me and 3 mate can play online?

If not, can someone recommend me something?

I liked:
Mario Maker 2
Mario Party
Fall Guys
Worms
Trivial Pursuit
Rocket League
Bro Force
Mario Kart

Hated:
Mario Strikers
Smash Bros. Ultimate
I really like Splatoon 3, it is a fun game, I especially like Salmon Run a pve chaotic mode but I heard it is a harder one to enter to because the matchmaking for the main mode is bad. And there are also connection problems, that may be dependent on your internet connection. Don't take in account other online games for this, I feel Splatoon 3 doesn't tolerate much packet loss so you would have nothing or a hardly noticeable lag on a game like FFXIV or even the Switch version Monster Hunter Rise but a disconnection on Splatoon 3.

If you get a physical version, you can still resell it. If you get a digital one, two persons can play at the same time by setting a specific way but I think it is more for people in the same household (if they didn't put new restrictions)

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I really like Splatoon 3, it is a fun game, I especially like Salmon Run a pve chaotic mode but I heard it is a harder one to enter to because the matchmaking for the main mode is bad. And there are also connection problems, that may be dependent on your internet connection. Don't take in account other online games for this, I feel Splatoon 3 doesn't tolerate much packet loss so you would have nothing or a hardly noticeable lag on a game like FFXIV or even the Switch version Monster Hunter Rise but a disconnection on Splatoon 3.

If you get a physical version, you can still resell it. If you get a digital one, two persons can play at the same time by setting a specific way but I think it is more for people in the same household (if they didn't put new restrictions)
Thank you. I'm getting physical one so will check the online... If that don't stand up, I will sell as I only intend to play online.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are there any good games that have come out recently on the Switch? Looking for a nice two weeker to tide me over until TOTK.

Sarni

I got 3 of the 4 divine beasts and am 2 orbs away from getting 13th heart container and picking up the Master Sword yet somehow I don’t feel positive at all trying to combat Thunderblight Ganon again. I barely get his health down to 2/3rds.

Any chance I can beat Ganon while having only 3 out of 4 beasts conquered?

Maagge

I got 3 of the 4 divine beasts and am 2 orbs away from getting 13th heart container and picking up the Master Sword yet somehow I don’t feel positive at all trying to combat Thunderblight Ganon again. I barely get his health down to 2/3rds.

I don't remember Ganon as being that difficult. But neither was thunderblight when you've figured out the timing of his speedy attack.

That said, I fought Ganon with all divine beasts and all shrines completed.
Thunderblight unlocks a really nice ability in my opinion.

Maagge

Are there any good games that have come out recently on the Switch? Looking for a nice two weeker to tide me over until TOTK.
I've been looking at Metroid Prime, but thought I'd compete Xenoblade first.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Struggling to finish Skyward Sword. Have enjoyed it for the most part but stupidly linear and the repetition of revisiting the same places has got stale. Thought I’d reached the end game when I collected the sword upgrades but now I have to revisit each place again to collect some stupid tadstones? Frustrating and just feels like complete filler.

worst Zelda game I’ve played - which is annoying as it means @Vidyoyo was right.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Struggling to finish Skyward Sword. Have enjoyed it for the most part but stupidly linear and the repetition of revisiting the same places has got stale. Thought I’d reached the end game when I collected the sword upgrades but now I have to revisit each place again to collect some stupid tadstones? Frustrating and just feels like complete filler.

worst Zelda game I’ve played - which is annoying as it means @Vidyoyo was right.
Sorry bud. Did you do the pirate ship dungeon yet? That's the one part I really enjoyed

decorativeed

I've just finished Minish Cap and there is so much tedious repetition required to 100% it that I just gave up once I'd completed the main mission, which is a first for me. Not played SS yet, but will get around to it once I've played through a few others I missed originally.

Sarni

I somehow never played advance wars, are those remakes worth it?
They are still fun. Visuals are terrible and the graphics style is a complete miss but the gameplay is still fantastic and extremely addictive. If you are into turn based strategy games you will love it.

They are also quite challenging, despite looking like a very basic mobile phone game for kids.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

I found it much easier if I get the master sword first. You run out of weapons real fast with that one as he keeps electrocuting you.

Sarni

I found it much easier if I get the master sword first. You run out of weapons real fast with that one as he keeps electrocuting you.
I finished the game last Wednesday. None of the bosses proved very difficult with right equipment and elixirs to be fair. Took less than 35 hours on my third playthrough (the only time I actually finished the game).