Gaming Nintendo Switch

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's so so good, best controller I have, I kind of wish I could use it on the ps4 since the ps4 controller is a a lot less comfortable.
I think they're both good honestly.

My Street Fighter 5 Ryu edition fighter pad blows it away though :p

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
They're turned-based strategy games. Really exceptional. As it's your first, you'll have a lot to take in and learn about.

If they're for you, and you have a real aptitude for them, you'll probably want to check out the back catalogue. It's an extreme game - people who tend to play these are fanatical about them and extremely singe-focused to the point it can be the only game they play on a certain system; it's definitely not a light-hearted romp - the kind of games where even after you turn them off, you're thinking about what you could have done better, etc.

If you like them, it'll be one of the best purchases you'll ever make on a console due to the amount of time and dedication you'll put into it. If not, you'll probably not have much to do with it.
Except they aren't turn based strategy anymore. More like one man vs armies boring action based rpg. Fire emblem has really allowed itself to become just another "warrior" series.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Final Fantasy 9 today, 7 at end of March. Absolutely will pay for these for the umpteenth time.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Need to play this. Loved it as a kid on the gbc(?).
I've lost count of the times I've paid for the FF series... Feck me.
Yeah I’ve rinsed it so many times and I’m ready for another go, genuinely think it’s my favourite Zelda game.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
When did they show Link's Awakening? I missed it. I just saw the trailer on Youtube and it looks good. I never played the original so I'm looking forward to trying it! I really like the artstyle.

Edit: For anyone else that missed it

paulscholes18

When did they show Link's Awakening? I missed it. I just saw the trailer on Youtube and it looks good. I never played the original so I'm looking forward to trying it! I really like the artstyle.

Edit: For anyone else that missed it

Right at the end.
Here’s the whole thing.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Astral Chain will be insane, do you guys think AC will be delayed and they replaced it with 2D Zelda?

Last edited:

Havak

Pokemon master
Astral Chai will be insane, do you guys think AC will be delayed and they replaced it with 2D Zelda?
I don't think it'll be delayed. This Direct seemed to cover mostly games up to July and the end of 'Summer' without specifically stating August much. I think Animal Crossing was always an Autumn/Fall release. They normally have one or two games as a surprise that would come out a bit later, in this case they've gone with Zelda as it wasn't officially announced yet. I think they like to end Directs on new announcements. While Animal Crossing would have got a big applause, we already knew officially it was coming this year.

This makes me think the end of year is going to jam packed though! Between September and December, we will see Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, and Pokémon.

If we are to believe StarFox Racing exists, along with Metroid Prime Trilogy, and some other surprises and WiiU Ports... It's a lot to fit into four months (especially when they typically only use the first week of December for a release).

I still think only Bayonetta 3 is a 2020 game.

I can see Animal Crossing and Pokémon getting their own dedicated Directs.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

So the director is the one on the right and it's his first time directing a game but he was a designer on Neir Automata.

I just know this game will be a big hit.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I don't think it'll be delayed. This Direct seemed to cover mostly games up to July and the end of 'Summer' without specifically stating August much. I think Animal Crossing was always an Autumn/Fall release. They normally have one or two games as a surprise that would come out a bit later, in this case they've gone with Zelda as it wasn't officially announced yet. I think they like to end Directs on new announcements. While Animal Crossing would have got a big applause, we already knew officially it was coming this year.

This makes me think the end of year is going to jam packed though! Between September and December, we will see Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, and Pokémon.

If we are to believe StarFox Racing exists, along with Metroid Prime Trilogy, and some other surprises and WiiU Ports... It's a lot to fit into four months (especially when they typically only use the first week of December for a release).

I still think only Bayonetta 3 is a 2020 game.

I can see Animal Crossing and Pokémon getting their own dedicated Directs.
Since King Zell was correct about the Direct date, MM2, and 2D Zelda, I'm going to assume he is also right about Pikmin 3 coming in 2019, he did say he isn't sure which games will appear in the direct so yeah sounds credible so far, my wallet is empty and I won't get anything done this year with all those titles coming. :(

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I love 3D World and it looks to be the case. Cat Mario was the best thing about it in my opinion.
I hope they find a way to filter out the bad levels though, and watching youtubers do all kind of tricks with it is kind of intimidating.

Played the Yoshi demo, loved it.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I've never played Link's awakening before but why are Mario characters in a Zelda game?
Not really a reason I don’t think, it just has them. It’s not set in hyrule like the other Zelda games though. But yeah play it, it’s a great game.

Member 39557

Tetris 99 is a free game :drool:. Battling against 99 players should be mental!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Link's Awakening always ran OoT very close to being my favourite Zelda game, and was the first one I did a challenge on (No save for the entire game, still have the cartridge). I'm hyped :drool:

I just hope they don't make it stupidly easy like they did ALBW.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Link's Awakening always ran OoT very close to being my favourite Zelda game, and was the first one I did a challenge on (No save for the entire game, still have the cartridge). I'm hyped :drool:

I just hope they don't make it stupidly easy like they did ALBW.
The difficulty is my worry too, there were some tricky moments in the original and I’m hoping they don’t dumb the puzzles down as modern games have a habit of doing. I swear loads of people see a game being difficult as a mark against it these days.

Faetheshire86

You could filter by difficulty on the first one. I cannot wait for Mario Maker 2. The first one was GoTY.
Yip I can't wait for MM2. I think it's the best example of user generated content. The quality and creativity of some of the levels with the limited tools is really impressive. I was incredibly sceptical when it first released as i feel like these things never catch on, but I watched a blind team race at GDQ and it absolutely sold me.

Look at this level for example, so creative yet for me it'd be impossible to beat.
I don't know if you have ever seen any of the Mario World ROM hacks that are going around, where they basically create a brand new game. Been watching people play the latest one - Grand Poo World 2. The amount of time put in to putting them together is mind boggling, would be incredible if they allowed people to create worlds, instead of individual levels.