Gaming Nintendo Switch

U99ted

Can't wait for Mario Maker 2. At one point I was considering a Wii-U for the first game (and Mario Kart 8).

I'm having a blast unlocking more and more characters on Smash. I prefer jumping on the Spirit Board & Classic modes to the World of Light if I'm being honest.

Member 39557

Tetris 99 is amazing, if you haven't downloaded it yet, go and do it now!

Does anybody have super mario party? Any good?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Tetris 99 is amazing, if you haven't downloaded it yet, go and do it now!

Does anybody have super mario party? Any good?
I can't stop watching clips of Tetris 99. As much as I love Smash, Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, etc, it's this lil game that has me wanting a Switch super badly.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I can't stop watching clips of Tetris 99. As much as I love Smash, Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, etc, it's this lil game that has me wanting a Switch super badly.
Well you seem to love many Nintendo products, are you waiting for the Switch mini or gen 8 perhaps?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
8 isn't available on current gen consoles. Which is a shame...
Unlikely to ever be as they apparently don't have the code anymore and are unlikely to remake the game. There's a thread about it on twitter here:

Is possible to hack something together from PC port but will seemingly be too much effort to be worthwhile on their parts.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Well you seem to love many Nintendo products, are you waiting for the Switch mini or gen 8 perhaps?
I do. I'm just weighing it up against other things I'd like to do (like upgrade my PC). I might steal my brothers when he comes back from uni :lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Yeah I’ve rinsed it so many times and I’m ready for another go, genuinely think it’s my favourite Zelda game.
My favourite game boy game of all time. Back in the day I bought the adaptor that allowed gameboy games to be played through the SNES.

I haven’t played it since about 1995 so will definately be getting the remaster :drool:

GBBQ

I think the hotel maid accidentally threw away my docking station. Fantastic...
Ouch, how would she mistake that for rubbish. Its not exactly massive but its bulky enough to at least make someone question what it is before getting rid.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Ouch, how would she mistake that for rubbish. Its not exactly massive but its bulky enough to at least make someone question what it is before getting rid.
Best Buy has these thin clear bags, I'm guessing for theft prevention. Must've stashed it in one on the floor and let it be mistaken for garbage. Rookie mistake for someone that travels as much as I do.

A $75 mistake apparently, unless there's another way to rig it up.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Best Buy has these thin clear bags, I'm guessing for theft prevention. Must've stashed it in one on the floor and let it be mistaken for garbage. Rookie mistake for someone that travels as much as I do.

A $75 mistake apparently, unless there's another way to rig it up.
I guess you can buy a USB-C to HDMI cable as a stop gap. Not as great as a dock but cheaper anyway.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

Castia

Looks like Microsoft are focusing on their online services rather than consoles for the future, and honestly it could be hugely profitable for them.

Strong rumours suggest they will announce their next console at this years E3, infact they’re going to offer 2 options, one will be based on gamepass and digital content whilst the premium model will be an Xbox One X style ‘most powerful console’.

I got my first Xbox (X) in October for Red Dead and I’ve been well impressed. The games look great in 4K and Gamepass is one of the best things in gaming it’s incredible.

I used to own a switch but sold it due to lack of games, i’ll Probably buy one again if Gamepass becomes available.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Strong rumours suggest they will announce their next console at this years E3, infact they’re going to offer 2 options, one will be based on gamepass and digital content whilst the premium model will be an Xbox One X style ‘most powerful console’.

I got my first Xbox (X) in October for Red Dead and I’ve been well impressed. The games look great in 4K and Gamepass is one of the best things in gaming it’s incredible.

I used to own a switch but sold it due to lack of games, i’ll Probably buy one again if Gamepass becomes available.
I'm not saying they are abandoning the console market, I'm saying they are focusing on their other services and expanding them rather than focus 100% on console, you do realize if they release gamepass on the Switch and other devices their console sales will suffer? And they don't care about that.

20solskjaer

I have a 4 year old daughter. Is this thing too early for her?
No, my now 5 year old daughter has been playing mario odyssey and mario kart since christmas 2017

She loves captain toad and new super mario bros too, plus she must ask me at least 3 times a day how long there is until yoshi comes out

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
No, my now 5 year old daughter has been playing mario odyssey and mario kart since christmas 2017

She loves captain toad and new super mario bros too, plus she must ask me at least 3 times a day how long there is until yoshi comes out
Oh man how adorable!

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Wow nice.. I almost bought this for her last thanksgiving. I'll buy one next TG.

20solskjaer

Oh man how adorable!
Thought it would be a good way to try and introduce her to gaming, shes totally fell in love with all things mario, she loves princess peach, luigi, toadette, yoshi and everyone

She even watches mario videos on youtube now, came home from work one day and shes sat watching a playthrough of odyssey, i guess it makes a change from watching people opening toys :lol:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Honestly I'm not really interested in gamepass, I'm just not interested Xbox games, Sony's exclusives and Nintendo stuff are all I'm interested in now, oh and good jrpgs.
Thought it would be a good way to try and introduce her to gaming, shes totally fell in love with all things mario, she loves princess peach, luigi, toadette, yoshi and everyone

She even watches mario videos on youtube now, came home from work one day and shes sat watching a playthrough of odyssey, i guess it makes a change from watching people opening toys :lol:
:lol:

Hephaestus

Wonder if we're getting the three starters given the three pokeballs in the picture.

Havak

Pokemon master
Expecting/hoping to see:

- Starters
- Logos / Box Art
- Region
- Release Date/Window (Probably mid-to-late November)
- Brief GamePlay to show what kind of graphics we're looking at

Some of the time will be spent looking back at past games and some general chat etc.

Slightly more out there prediction - we get three versions for the first time with the starters on the cover art...

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Expecting/hoping to see:

- Starters
- Logos / Box Art
- Region
- Release Date/Window (Probably mid-to-late November)
- Brief GamePlay to show what kind of graphics we're looking at

Some of the time will be spent looking back at past games and some general chat etc.

Slightly more out there prediction - we get three versions for the first time with the starters on the cover art...
Maybe a Detective Pikachu game for the switch too? I haven't played the 3ds version but maybe they can do a good game with the title for the switch?