Gaming Nintendo Switch

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
That's all I need to know thanks. I'll grab it when it's on sale next (Switch).

Cheers.
It's a very decent roguelite, so just get into it. Ignore all videos and all that about metas and shite and just play. It's such a good game when you just play how you want and find it all out yourself, not too punishing once you crack the movement and realise that every weapon is viable.

Turn on the 60fps mode too, if it's still an option. Enjoy when you get it mate!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's a very decent roguelite, so just get into it. Ignore all videos and all that about metas and shite and just play. It's such a good game when you just play how you want and find it all out yourself, not too punishing once you crack the movement and realise that every weapon is viable.

Turn on the 60fps mode too, if it's still an option. Enjoy when you get it mate!
Thank you. I look forward to playing this and Hades.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Hades is great too. I prefer Dead Cells, but even I can't argue when people choose between them. Cracking games.
I am starting to get backlog:

Zelda (OOT) - currently playing
Mario Wonder - next
DK Tropical Freeze
Deadwood
Layers Of Fear
Bro Force
Hades
Dead Cells

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Is Dead Cells a good game?

I can buy it on Switch when on sale or get it for free on Google Store through my Netflix account.

It seems difficult to play on phone though...
I've been playing this on game pass - it's really good. Took a bit for me to get a hang of the movement etc.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I am starting to get backlog:

Zelda (OOT) - currently playing
Mario Wonder - next
DK Tropical Freeze
Deadwood
Layers Of Fear
Bro Force
Hades
Dead Cells
hmm..now that I see you mentioning it..I have that DK on my wiiu (in the closet). Great game! Never finished it, think my gaming time was o a heavy decline already at that point, but thinking about it makes me wanna play it. Very well crafted!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I've been playing this on game pass - it's really good. Took a bit for me to get a hang of the movement etc.
I've been looking for a new fun challenge that I'll fall in love with since completing Hollow Knight/Celeste/Cuphead... Hoping one of Dead Cells or Hades will be that.
hmm..now that I see you mentioning it..I have that DK on my wiiu (in the closet). Great game! Never finished it, think my gaming time was o a heavy decline already at that point, but thinking about it makes me wanna play it. Very well crafted!
I'm a huge DK main series fan so looking forward to it.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The DK switch game is the best 2d platformer since Sonic mania imo. I think it's better than Mario Wonder.

altodevil

I've been looking for a new fun challenge that I'll fall in love with since completing Hollow Knight/Celeste/Cuphead... Hoping one of Dead Cells or Hades will be that.

I'm a huge DK main series fan so looking forward to it.
Hades is one of the best games I've ever played. It's brilliant.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Hades is one of the best games I've ever played. It's brilliant.
Do you play Rpgs? If so check out Baldur's Gate 3 - quite easily in my top5 ever played. And if you don't trust me, ask Solius.

altodevil

Do you play Rpgs? If so check out Baldur's Gate 3 - quite easily in my top5 ever played. And if you don't trust me, ask Solius.
I'm an Xbox pleb so waiting for the conversion!

Sara125

Limbo is 89p on the eshop right now. Apparently enjoyable if you like games such as Hollow Knight

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Limbo is 89p on the eshop right now. Apparently enjoyable if you like games such as Hollow Knight
Limbo isn't anything like Hollow Knight but it is a good game. I preferred Inside, which was made by the same team as Limbo and it's usually on sale the same times Limbo is.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Limbo isn't anything like Hollow Knight but it is a good game. I preferred Inside, which was made by the same team as Limbo and it's usually on sale the same times Limbo is.
I have not played Limbo but Inside is an amazing experience.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Might bump that up on the backlog list in that case.
Yeah, just to echo what the other poster said, Hades is an excellent game. The writing is superb and it has an incredible art style. Gameplay is also top notch. Highly recommended.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Is it worth upgrading to the Switch OLED from the original switch. Been thinking of it for some time, but can't really decide. I was going to buy Metroid Dread and heard it looks great on the OLED. That's why I started looking into it.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Is it worth upgrading to the Switch OLED from the original switch. Been thinking of it for some time, but can't really decide. I was going to buy Metroid Dread and heard it looks great on the OLED. That's why I started looking into it.
Isn't the switch 2 rumoured to come out next year?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Oooh look at in the know Dirty Schwein :wenger:
I don't know shit! Just what I have read online like everyone else.
Rumoured yes, but we don't even know if it's going to be backward compatible with Switch games. It would be complete madness if it wasn't, but it's Nintendo, so who knows?
I swear I'll have an aneurism if it doesn't, especially with digital downloads (I rarely buy physical).

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Isn't the switch 2 rumoured to come out next year?
Yeah, I guess that's another reason for holding out. I don't know what to do, really. The OLED screen just looks so nice. From what I read, it's a good upgrade if you play in handheld, which I do. Just wondered if anyone on here had one.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
As if Nintendo will make it backwards compatible :lol: They'll do full price 4k versions of all their biggest Switch games instead.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nah, they will make their next one backwards compatible. They do that with all their handhelds when they move up a generation, GBA could play GB/GBC games and 3DS played DS games.

It’s when they come up with a completely new system that they don’t, in case of GBA to DS and 3DS to Switch it would have been very hard to implement due to how different these consoles ended up being.