No.1 for next season - De Gea or Henderson?

No.1 for next season

• De Gea

Votes: 264 37.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 309 43.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 99 13.9%
  • Play both

Votes: 42 5.9%

• Total voters

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Don't care what anyone says if we play Henderson today we win (I know it wasn't all on De Gea obviously)

Virror

375k a week, and frankly a cone has a bigger chance att saving a penalty. And cones are a lot cheaper

led_scholes

He cant pass to a teammate. He cant save a penalty. He is shaky. And we are stuck with him...

Born2Lose

Case closed.

Only on a forum such as this where deluded people who put more faith in PR and FIFA 21 stats than actual performances could De Gea be defended.

spiriticon

Got to be Hendo innit ?

We all knew we'd lost the moment it went to pens causing De Gea ain't saving shit.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
43.6% are either blind or don't really watch matches. Possibly both.

Johnson Yip

A defensive line on the 18 yard box for a floated free kick, is screaming for the keeper to come and collect.
It lands at the attacker's feet, on the 6 yard line ffs!
He should either come out to collect, or stay on the line. But he chose stay in between, hence the goal!

DoomSlayer

De Gea lost us the fecking final, if one player can burden most of the blame. Shocking goalkeeping for their goal and overall shaky as always with the ball at his feet.

Bwuk

Can I be honest and say neither? Both have clear weaknesses.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You Brexit fecks blaming De Gea for this today need to be fecked off together with our clueless manager. He couldn't even bring Henderson who's (supposedly) good at pens because he wasn't even on the bench.

We are managed by a joker and a band of clowns.

And yes, other is the right option but at the speed we do transfers, it'll be 4 windows till we get to that position.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
De Gea lost us the fecking final, if one player can burden most of the blame. Shocking goalkeeping for their goal and overall shaky as always with the ball at his feet.
Feck right off. Our inability to defend set-pieces cost us the final and that's present for both goalkeepers. Lindelof was to blame for their goal too. Blaming De Gea when it should never have gone to penalties in the first place.

DoomSlayer

Feck right off. Our inability to defend set-pieces cost us the final and that's present for both goalkeepers. Lindelof was to blame for their goal too. Blaming De Gea when it should never have gone to penalties in the first place.
You can go with De Gea as well mate, suit yourself.

Schnappo

De Gea is still number one for me. He's one of the worst I've seen in a penalty shootout situation, but thankfully we're not in too many situations like that.

spiriticon

De Gea is still number one for me. He's one of the worst I've seen in a penalty shootout situation, but thankfully we're not in too many situations like that.
Not many, but unfortunately they happen in the latter stages of big championships.

You want a decent chance to win trophies? You cannot lose the pen shootout before it starts.

Oranges038

Not much DDG could do tonight, not at fault for the goal at all. On their goal, I'd blame Shaw too, he let him run first. Lindelof had less of a chance as he came from behind him, but he ran away from Shaw and across Bailly to get there.

Game should have been wrapped up before the 90 had the midfield and attack not been so shit slow and bad on the ball all night.

You can't really blame him on any of the penalties, aside from the miss.

DoomSlayer

Not much DDG could do tonight, not at fault for the goal at all. On their goal, I'd blame Shaw too, he let him run first. Lindelof had less of a chance as he came from behind him, but he ran away from Shaw and across Bailly to get there.

Game should have been wrapped up before the 90 had the midfield and attack not been so shit slow and bad on the ball all night.

You fanbois are hilarious. :lol: This looks like a parody post, honestly.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Don't you dare be balanced you bastard. :lol:

Yeah, he wasn't at fault for the goal. I wouldn't even blame other individual players (though you absolutely could) but rather our general failings at set-pieces. Change the goalkeepers, change the CBs, change the rest of the team, it doesn'r seem to matter. We're consistently vulnerable in those situations.

De Gea misplaced some passes and his penalty-saving record is poor, though there were no particularly bad failed saves today. And he missed a penalty, which you can hardly blame a goalkeeper for. That's about it.

The problem today was everything that got us to a penalty shoot-out.

Oranges038

You fanbois are hilarious. :lol: This looks like a parody post, honestly.
Look back through my posts. I'm no fanboy of his.

Just think he did feck all wrong, not at fault for the goal and penalties are 50/50.

Don't you dare be balanced you bastard. :lol:

Yeah, he wasn't at fault for the goal. I wouldn't even blame other individual players (though you absolutely could) but rather our general failings at set-pieces. Change the goalkeepers, change the CBs, change the rest of the team, it doesn'r seem to matter. We're consistently vulnerable in those situations.

De Gea misplaced some passes and his penalty-saving record is poor, though there were no particularly bad failed saves today. And he missed a penalty, which you can hardly blame a goalkeeper for. That's about it.

The problem today was everything that got us to a penalty shoot-out.
:lol:

Ah, It's a goalkeepers union thing. No way he was at fault for the goal, that ball was hit into a perfect area for an attacker but a horrible one for a keeper and defenders.

On set pieces there's alway one player that seems to fall asleep. There has to be someone in there making sure they are all set right. Whether it's the man marking or the zonal marking, I don't know. But it needs to be addressed.

I still think Henderson should be in ahead of him though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Look back through my posts. I'm no fanboy of his.

Just think he did feck all wrong, not at fault for the goal and penalties are 50/50.

:lol:

Ah, It's a goalkeepers union thing. No way he was at fault for the goal, that ball was hit into a perfect area for an attacker but a horrible one for a keeper and defenders.

On set pieces there's alway one player that seems to fall asleep. There has to be someone in there making sure they are all set right. Whether it's the man marking or the zonal marking, I don't know. But it needs to be addressed.

I still think Henderson should be in ahead of him though.
Deep down I probably do too. Which is partly what makes tonight playing out like it did for De Gea so dejecting. Wanted him to bow out on a high. :(

I will say though that if Henderson is #1 next year, he'll get piles of unfair criticism too. We generally focus way too much on our goalkeepers now.

Infestissumam

don't think today's game should move the needle too much ... answer to the question should be Henderson anyway. No idea why so many people seem hesitant to at least give him a full year to see how he does. I think he'd do quite well for us.

have to say I'm gutted for De Gea tonight though. He's always been awful at pens and predictably it's cost us tonight, but if that were his last moments in a United jersey I'll be sad. And I've been in the "sell him and give it to Henderson" camp for a while now, mind.

Oranges038

Deep down I probably do too. Which is partly what makes tonight playing out like it did for De Gea so dejecting. Wanted him to bow out on a high. :(

I will say though that if Henderson is #1 next year, he'll get piles of unfair criticism too. We generally focus way too much on our goalkeepers now.
That he will, it's only natural. I'll probably do it too.

Would have loved to see De Gea save a couple and win the thing but it wasn't to be.

I might be wrong, but I get the feeling that might have been his last kick in a Utd shirt. He's been a great player for the club, but sometimes it's just time to move on. Feels like that with him now.

roseguy64

What? Not our highly talented attackers not creating enough/taking chances? Not Rashford and Pogba missing chances? Okay. Interesting.

JB7

He should either come out to collect, or stay on the line. But he chose stay in between, hence the goal!
The ball literally landed in his starting position. If he hadn’t moved at all, it was a simple catch. Honestly you could not make this guy up anymore, he’s a parody of a goalkeeper.

croadyman

Got to be Hendo innit ?

We all knew we'd lost the moment it went to pens causing De Gea ain't saving shit.
Yeah my dad who is a Spurs fan was watching it with me and I said to him DDG can't save a penalty they have to miss for us

Welbeckham

There are still people saying De Gea? Only reason he’s still here is cause nobody else wants him.

BlueHaze

Imagine losing to Villareal in a final only being able to score once against them and on top of it not mention how Shaw completely let go of his man marked on the set piece along with Lindelofs shambolic defending and then blame De Gea for losing the game. Talk about delusion. To answer the OP question: neither.