NO manager can fix this!

AndySmith1990

If no manager can fix it then we may as well sack him and have no manager, seeing as it makes no difference either way?

SirScholes

Yes, ETH must shoulder some of the blame with decisions that he has made, but let's not forget what the key issue is here.

You really think more than half of the transfer targets acquired this summer were his 1st choice? Even 2nd choice? Let alone the injuries he's had to deal with.

The form of Rashford and Fernandes has been inexcusable and yet again, the players are downing tools on the manager and putting 0 effort in because they know it'll all come down on ETH's head.

We find ourselves once again, at the part of the post Ferguson cycle where the manager is to blame. Let's be real and just accept that until the main problems at the top of the club are dealt with i.e. the Glazers, director of football, debt clearance, NO manager or player will succeed at this club! The rot is too deep for anyone to fix at a 1st team managerial level, it's a literal graveyard.

I'm so sad at what this great club has become :(
absolute tripe, you give a good manager 400m to spend and they spend it wisely and you fix issues
ffs eddie howe has managed it at Newcastle by following basic principles and not blowing 80 mil on a shite winger from the dutch league

Disagree. Glazers being in doesn’t mean we scrape wins vs Sheff Utd and Copenhagen playing absolutely shite bottom of the barrel football. :lol:

It’s a coaching issue. ETH has failed to implement a style of play that works in the league. Especially since the Cup Final.

It’s done.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
absolute tripe, you give a good manager 400m to spend and they spend it wisely and you fix issues
ffs eddie howe has managed it at Newcastle by following basic principles and not blowing 80 mil on a shite winger from the dutch league
Didn't they bring the guy in from Brighton who did their transfers?

Who do we have?

soapythecat

I think there are plenty of managers who could get a better tune out of this lot. We may still get beat, but at least we will have a go.
We are appalling as an attacking force and that’s down to set up and negative tactics.For a so called tactician of the game, he’s done an horrendous job at United.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We've had a good couple of months under a lot of our managers too.
Even under those couple months, we always noticed us relying on individual brilliance. Last season it was Casemiro and Rashford.

I have watched Spurs and it doesn't feel that way with them. They have gotten lucky a few times but whatever they are doing is good work and I won't take anything away from that.

Pyro19

If no manager can fix it then we may as well sack him and have no manager, seeing as it makes no difference either way?
Close thread. If the manager cannot drop bruno and rashford then what's the point of a manager

Lewnited

Nonsense. £400m on seemingly hand picked signings and his personal choice on assistant coaches, yet we look just as bad as we did in Ole's final season. No manager could fix Liverpool under FSG until... they brought in a good enough manager.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Close thread. If the manager cannot drop bruno and rashford then what's the point of a manager
I doubt it will accomplish much beyond being symbolic. Ten Hag has still made many other mistakes and gotten things wrong.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Nonsense. £400m on seemingly hand picked signings and his personal choice on assistant coaches, yet we look just as bad as we did in Ole's final season. No manager could fix Liverpool under FSG until... they brought in a good enough manager.
Key word there

luke511

Of course they can, we just need a manager that won't play McTominay at CAM vs City, or spend the centre midfield budget on an out of form no.10 with a year left on his contract, or bring in a striker that failed miserably at Burnley to lead the line for half a season. Ten Hag has made a lot of mistakes in his short time here without showing signs of learning from them, we can do better.

This is part of the problem, no other club does this. Other clubs have a proper recruitment structure, if we sack ETH and bring in a new manager and give them £300-400mil to spend on new players we’ll have the same problems.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Disagree. Glazers being in doesn’t mean we scrape wins vs Sheff Utd and Copenhagen playing absolutely shite bottom of the barrel football. :lol:

It’s a coaching issue. ETH has failed to implement a style of play that works in the league. Especially since the Cup Final.

It’s done.
I think even with the best of coaching this squad is just competing top 4 if it has a good season. Its just full of losers who will never be part of a title winning team in the PL. I doubt if Pep would take any player in our squad.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Spurs. Levy. Ange.
If the cause of the problems is the Glazers, that's irrelevant really.

Having said that, I am beginning to see Sancho's point. Ten games in, and not one good performance - would anyone blame Ten Hag for making more use of Garnacho, Pellistri, Hannibal etc. Mainoo fit again but likely won't get a look in.

I said several years ago there's a curse on Old Trafford - I think I actually believe it now. Good players - and managers - come to us, and disintegrate.

I was prepared for defeat today. I just hoped that we might play well, look cohesive. And where was Bruno, the captain, when Amrabat was getting booked? Nowhere in sight!

You look at United and you see a poor Sunday league side. But of course, it was all Ronaldo's fault...

Last edited:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Nonsense comment. What does this add to the discussion with no elaboration as to why you disagree?
All you've done is made a thread that is really an excuse for this terrible manager and couched it in doom and gloom. The reality is that a manager CAN fix this, provided the right one is found. Especially now changes are being made upstairs this thread is just laughable.

Baxquux

Seems to be the standard answer. Weird, because it's still too early to say if he's really turned Spurs around.
This isn't the Ole fillip of vibes. Tottenham actually look coached, with movement and combinations rather than just going gung-ho. In pretty much every squad you can find at least 14 players who, sufficiently motivated and instructed and trained up in endurance and, if needs be, selective strength training, can play pretty fluent football within a short space of time, so long as you put reputation and the rest to the side and allow the manager to sideline any player not buying into it. This looks like combination of incoherent coaching and more institutional inability to discipline or move players on - Sancho could be sidelined because he doesn't have the clout of a Rashford (because he's shown next to nothing during his time at the club, so i don't disagree with his exclusion in this regard). Too many players can continue not developing themselves in terms of decision-making, for a start, and just keep getting picked.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I mean he literally played Lindelof at left back ahead of a player he signed on loan precisely so he wouldn't need to do something like play Lindelof at left back.

He claimed picking Evans (who he chose to sign) over Varane was "due to tactics"

He's been playing with a one man midfield all season despite having players available not to.

He chose to sign Mount and has yet to use Mount in either a position or role Mount can play in. Instead picking him in other player's positions.

He picked Bruno out of position on right wing ahead of a right winger he signed for over £80m. In order to play a player he wanted to sell in Bruno's position

I'm not expecting him to win leagues with this team and the mess the club is in, but you can't really say no one can do better or he couldn't be doing better, when that is increasingly clearly not the case.

He's been an absolute shambles all season and I doubt at this point any of the players have any confidence or belief in what he asks them to do, because it just so frequently doesn't make any sense

Reactions: Livvie

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
To say our bad form is down to injuries and just this season is simply untrue. We've got -3 Goal Difference in the last 24 Premier League Games for fecks sake.

Games: 24
Won : 13
Drawn : 2
Lost: 9
GD = -3
Win %: 54%

28 Goals Scored
31 Goals Conceded

LostLiverpool70United
DrewUnited00Southampton
LostNewcastle20United
WonUnited10Brentford
WonUnited20Everton
WonForest02United
DrewTottenham22United
WonUnited10Villa
LostBrighton10United
LostWest Ham10United
WonUnited20Wolves
WonBournemouth01United
WonUnited41Chelsea
WonUnited21Fulham
WonUnited10Wolves
LostTottenham20United
WonUnited32Forest
LostArsenal31United
LostUnited13Brighton
WonBurnley01United
LostUnited01Crystal Palace
WonUnited21Brentford
WonSheffield Utd12United
LostUnited03City

SirScholes

Didn't they bring the guy in from Brighton who did their transfers?

Who do we have?
Would you of dropped 80 mil on Antony?

Do you really need an expert to work that one out?
I get it to be a top of the league and winning CL team you might need something extra, but not to do better than we currently our.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
All you've done is made a thread that is really an excuse for this terrible manager and couched it in doom and gloom. The reality is that a manager CAN fix this, provided the right one is found. Especially now changes are being made upstairs this thread is just laughable.
It's an acknowledgement and acceptance that even a world class manager is going to fail at this cesspit of a club so simply changing the manager won't work. And as we speak, no changes have been made at the top so your comment is ridiculous.

Appletonred

True enough, no manager fixes this club until the whole ethos above the manager fundamentally changes.

M Bison

Supports
York City
And before the 10 years of poor decisions?

People just need to start making better decisions.

Before the current crisis G.Nev said we are still giving the managers too much control.

He got Amrabat.. what for?!!!
so is us giving the manager too much control not an ownership issue then rather than an issue with the manager? And if we are swapping the manager, who do we replace him with?

if It’s as simple as changing the manager, we should definitely do it, however I think we’ll be back here in another 12 months having spent another fortune and be in an even worse position, plus I think any manager worth his salt would run a mile from the job at the moment, the whole club is in a mess, we don’t even know who is going to be in control by the end of the season.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
why do they all make the exact same mistakes?
The Glazers and the board have made really poor managerial appointments. In hindsight its easy to assess but,
Moyes was a mid table manager with no technical credibility.
LVG was past it and tactically still living in the 90s.
Mourinho had been sacked by Chelsea and had his day.
Solksjaer was an emotional appointment and didn't have the experience.
Ten Hag managed Ajax and achieved nothing outside of Holland. Its the equivalent of hiring a Celtic Manager for his great work in the SPL.

The Glazers are to blame for poor appointments and then giving them free reign to piss away substantial funds without holding anyone above the manager to account.

If I was Director in any other business and hired a consecutive list of shite managers I'd be asked to resign. Ultimately if Ten Hag goes then so should his bosses Arnold and Murtough.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I remember people saying the same thing shortly after Conte went to Spurs too.
I don't think anybody ever said that Conte's Spurs played good football. They were grinding results and everyone acknowledged that it wasn't pretty but they would take results over style.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
It's an acknowledgement and acceptance that even a world class manager is going to fail at this cesspit of a club so simply changing the manager won't work. And as we speak, no changes have been made at the top so your comment is ridiculous.
Nonsense. A world class manager won us titles with these shite owners.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would you of dropped 80 mil on Antony?

Do you really need an expert to work that one out?
I get it to be a top of the league and winning CL team you might need something extra, but not to do better than we currently our.
It kinda proves my point though, you hire a DOF/DOT who actually has a scoobie doo and don't say yes to every player the manager wants.

We're basically trying to replicate Fergie.

ShinjiNinja26

I keep saying this. The club is rotten to the core, it doesn’t matter which manager comes in the outcome will be the same. The Glazers fecking off was our only hope, let’s see what influence Ratcliffe can have but I’m certainly not expecting much to change unfortunately.

tomaldinho1

I agree no manager can have success other than the occasional cup after big spending with the setup as it is. We need a complete overhaul of the football staff at the club, the players need a DoF who will be non emotional ie Ragnick (but not actually Ragnick) then you address the manager.

Dannn411

Totally disagree. This just gives pitiful incompetent clueless managers an out to make it look like its not their fault. Please. All it takes is a manager with a clear style of play and some balls. Every single guy we have hired since Fergie turned into spineless little men when they joined us. Retreating into their shells and petrified to take any bold decisions.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
We were outplayed by Luton for crying out loud.
You mean Sheffield United I think but yeah, people can blame the higher ups all they want but our footballs is absolutely dire