NonceUponATimeInEpsteinAndAndyLand

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Title of the year :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Trump official ‘re-victimized’ child rape survivors by charging middle-school girls with prostitution: Democratic senator

Labor Secretary Alex Acosta “re-victimized” child rape survivors in the highly-criticized case involving Jeffrey Epstein that Acosta was tasked with prosecuting as the US Attorney for Southern District of Florida.

MSNBC anchor Chris Hayes interviewed Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) on MSNBC during Monday’s “All In.”

“One thing we do know is that some of secretary Acosta’s prosecutors in his office prepared a massive federal indictment, a 50-plus page indictment, in Miami against — against Mr. Epstein and they had that there, and for some reason the decision-makers in the office just shelved that and went with this state law charge,” Kaine said. “What does that matter? Well, when he agreed to plead guilty to these state charges, they filed the plea in a — in a county court, where the victims wouldn’t know to look for it and then he got this cushy sentence in the county jail where he’s out during the day going back to work.

“So there are more facts to get at, but what I think is now undeniable is that the deal was illegal, it was kept hidden from these victims, it was outrageously light and secretary Acosta revictimized these young ladies by allowing it to be a prostitution charge, which is so insulting to label these teenage kids,” he explained.

“Some of these kids were middle schoolers, Chris. To label these kids, who were trafficked by Epstein as prostitutes, what an outrage,” Kaine concluded.

(Raw Story)

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Thread on this case in relation to the previous one... Because there is a special rule to allow previous convictions to be used in court in the case of child molestation (otherwise it wouldn't), they might use the previous sweetheart plea deal he got to squeeze him. Since he pled guilty, he cannot refute that evidence.

Would be funny if the shady deal he got before was what prevented him from worming his way to a lighter sentence.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Strange statement from Clinton.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
There are waaaaayy too many powerful folks to be ensnared in this to think that anyone but Epstein is going to take the fall for any of it. Acosta will make a nice scapegoat soon for those trying to deflect. Sucks to hang with the rich and powerful but not be all that rich and powerful compared to the rest.

RedTiger

Half mast
There are waaaaayy too many powerful folks to be ensnared in this to think that anyone but Epstein is going to take the fall for any of it. Acosta will make a nice scapegoat soon for those trying to deflect. Sucks to hang with the rich and powerful but not be all that rich and powerful compared to the rest.
You're right. I think the names that will be dragged into it this time will be mostly dead people.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Unbelievable in this day and age that there is no physical evidence of all this shit. CCTV, phone records, taped conversations, pictures, videos, eye witnesses etc...

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
You’re likely right but if the reason Epstein got a free ride last time is because he has a tonne of evidence against a tonne of powerful people, he’s going to be absolutely furious if he gets sent down for the rest of his life and it’s not difficult to imagine that he’s kept all the dirt he has on everyone backed up online and at the whims of a close friend or trusted lawyers with the inclusion of a dead mans switch.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Unbelievable in this day and age that there is no physical evidence of all this shit. CCTV, phone records, taped conversations, pictures, videos, eye witnesses etc...
Didn’t he have CCTV throughout his properties? I feel sure that I read that. Plus they have taken loads on cds and info from his safe, plus his computers and electronic devices.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If I remember correctly, Epstein was taping others in his properties?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Seems like a lot of people are just finding out about this guy. Feels like almost a decade when I first heard about him being a creep.

Marcelinho87

Seems like a lot of people are just finding out about this guy. Feels like almost a decade when I first heard about him being a creep.
Yeah, same.

The bubble has to burst some day and all the sick fecks will go down.

I imagine it's a big fecking bubble though and the public will be in shock.

SteveJ

Scout
Guardian said:
On Tuesday Trump distanced himself from Epstein.

“I knew him like everybody in Palm Beach knew him,” the president said. “I mean people in Palm Beach knew him. He was a fixture in Palm Beach. I had a falling out with him a long time ago. I don’t think I’ve spoken to him for 15 years. I wasn’t a fan … I was not a fan of his. That I can tell you. I was not a fan of his.”

SteveJ

Scout
Reminds me of Oscar Wilde's remark about his indiscreet brother: "He'd compromise a steam engine."

SteveJ

Scout
He's more unlikable than Claus von Bulow.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It’s not even up for debate anymore. The American justice system is pay to play.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
So, pizzagate was sort of real, then?
The theory itself is utter bullshit. But the sexual abuse of minors by powerful men throughout all branches of society is of course a very real thing. The existence of such schemes(?) was never really disputed. Marc Dutroux is an example for it.