Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Hulme91

Ronaldo was the last man to win both young player and player of the year awards in a single season I think? Haaland should cruise to both awards really, he's absurd

ScholesyTheWise

A force of nature that sometimes has bad games.
Who would have thought.

If only we'd leave already for Madrid.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
But at the same time, Kocsis isn't rated anywhere near as high as Puskás even though their numbers are very much comparable - he was every bit as good a goalscorer as Puskás. He just wasn't that good at everything else and consequently he really is someone that only hipsters and football professors remember.

(I'm neither, I'm just Hungarian and they have a **** status here)
I wasn't aware of this, so I checked the numbers out.

While at Barcelona, Kocsis scored 164 goals in 240 games. Puskas at Madrid scored 242 goals in 262 games. 0.68 goals per game vs 0.92 for comparable amount of games.

At club level Kocsis 376 in 402 games. Puskas 625 in 631 games. 0.94 vs 0.99. Both are amazing, but 0.99 is crazy for that much longevity.

For Hungary it's 75 goals in 68 games for Kocsis and 84 goals in 85 games for Puskas. 1.1 and 0.99 respectively.

Awesome numbers.

Hulme91

Saka will have something to say about that, especially if Arsenal win the league.
Saka? Really?
Haaland has 30 goals already with 9 left to play. This level of output has never been seen before in this league, he should win both awards comfortably

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
All he does is score goals. And he's just a bloody striker.

Wilt

Saka? Really?
Haaland has 30 goals already with 9 left to play. This level of output has never been seen before in this league, he should win both awards comfortably
He’s odds on 1/3 for PFA

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Saka will have something to say about that, especially if Arsenal win the league.
If Haaland takes the record, I dont think there is much Saka can do. He has had a phenomenal season, but it would be odd if Saka gets it "just because" the team wins the Premer League a few points ahead of City.

Haaland has also contributed to more points for his team than Saka has (ie game-deciding goals or game tying goals).

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He must break the goals scored in a single PL season record now, barring injury, major natural disaster or the atomic holocaust of life as we know it.
Hope he stinks up the place next week against us though, no offense.

Telsim

If we post in this thread every time he scores, this will become the longest thread on the Caf.

Inevitability.

PSV

He must break the goals scored in a single PL season record now, barring injury, major natural disaster or the atomic holocaust of life as we know it.
Hope he stinks up the place next week against us though, no offense.
Wouldn't worry too much.

7 games, 7 losses vs Bayern. 5 goals though.

next_number_seven

He'll surely hit 40 in the league and maybe 60 in all competitions.

What's the record for goals in a season for all club competitions in PL?

Dixie Dean is 65 which is out of reach this season I think.

padr81

Supports
Man City

40 in the league is iffy, its 10 goals in his last 9 games and with Pep subbing him out lately when games are done the chances of a 3 or 4 goal haul are slim. If we somehow get by Bayern he's likely to get even more rotation in.

The Purley King

40 in the league is iffy, its 10 goals in his last 9 games and with Pep subbing him out lately when games are done the chances of a 3 or 4 goal haul are slim. If we somehow get by Bayern he's likely to get even more rotation in.
He could easily have added 5-10 more league goals if he hadn’t been subbed off in some games. You guys have been 2 or 3 clear of opponents with 20 minutes to go a lot.
For me personally I hope city wins the league, could not abide arsenal winning it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He could easily have added 5-10 more league goals if he hadn’t been subbed off in some games. You guys have been 2 or 3 clear of opponents with 20 minutes to go a lot.
For me personally I hope city wins the league, could not abide arsenal winning it.
If Liverpool turn up tomorrow we've got a chance but if Arsenal win tomorrow its practically done I think

Last edited:

Blood Mage

Absolute freak ffs, never seen a player quite like him. Like a robot designed with the single-minded goal of finding the back of the net at all costs. I think he'll end his career with more goals than Ronaldo and Messi.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Absolute freak ffs, never seen a player quite like him. Like a robot designed with the single-minded goal of finding the back of the net at all costs. I think he'll end his career with more goals than Ronaldo and Messi.
Its absolutely possible, but he has to stay off injuries, there is also the fact that Haaland can't statpad for Norway(as it is a joke of a footballing nation).

croadyman

Bargain price my arse Sheth,how about telling people the true figure including all the ahem extra payments

FattyFooty

Its absolutely possible, but he has to stay off injuries, there is also the fact that Haaland can't statpad for Norway(as it is a joke of a footballing nation).
Maybe he gets less games, but he keeps scoring for Norway, even how bad they are. Think he even got more goals than games there too.

next_number_seven

He's brilliant but Messi and Ronaldos numbers are ridiculous.

They have 712 club goals.

18 x 40 = 720.

So that's averaging 40 goals a season for 18 seasons.

It's almost impossible.

Most strikers don't even hit 40 goals in one season eg Shearer, Henry, Rooney, Raul didn't.
Andy Cole did it once.

Last edited:

KeanoMagicHat

He's brilliant but Messi and Ronaldos numbers are ridiculous.

They have 712 club goals.

18 x 40 = 720.

So that's averaging 40 goals a season for 18 seasons.

It's almost impossible.

Most strikers don't even hit 40 goals in one season eg Shearer, Henry, Rooney, Raul didn't.
Andy Cole did it once.
But he has 44 for City this season already and potentially 16 games left. If he scores at the same rate he has all season, he’ll finish this season with 60 goals and that’s with injuries. Sure he’ll need longevity to match those numbers but he’s on the right track.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Maybe he gets less games, but he keeps scoring for Norway, even how bad they are. Think he even got more goals than games there too.
He will absolutely get less games, as Norway will never qualify for a major tournament in the near future.

KeanoMagicHat

He will absolutely get less games, as Norway will never qualify for a major tournament in the near future.
How can you say so confidently when they have a good young team and the Euros and World Cup have expanded? Not that big a task to qualify for the Euros.

Ladron de redcafe

I remember thinking that nobody will score more than Ruud did at the end of that season. Since then, football has changed and game has become more expansive. Sarah tied RVN's Mark and Haaland is going to shatter it.

Moreover, the all time premier league record for goals in a season is 34 (in 42 matches) by Shearer and Cole. He's gonna top that, barring a drastic drop in form.

next_number_seven

The record post war is 41 by Jimmy Greaves.
That's a reasonable target to hit

next_number_seven

But he has 44 for City this season already and potentially 16 games left. If he scores at the same rate he has all season, he’ll finish this season with 60 goals and that’s with injuries. Sure he’ll need longevity to match those numbers but he’s on the right track.
He has 200 club goals so far and is turning 23 in July.

So let's say he has 12 or 13 years to score 500 goals.

So he'll have to average 40 goals a season for 12 or 13 more seasons.

It's possible but extremely difficult.

To be fair Lewandowski has averaged over 40 goals a season for last 9 seasons

Last edited:

next_number_seven

I remember thinking that nobody will score more than Ruud did at the end of that season. Since then, football has changed and game has become more expansive. Sarah tied RVN's Mark and Haaland is going to shatter it.

Moreover, the all time premier league record for goals in a season is 34 (in 42 matches) by Shearer and Cole. He's gonna top that, barring a drastic drop in form.
What's the post war record for goals in a season? Is it Clive Allen with 49?

Ladron de redcafe

What's the post war record for goals in a season? Is it Clive Allen with 49?
If I'm not mistaken, it is.

Allen: 49 goals
Rush: 47 goals
Law: 46 goals

I could be missing someone.

Haaland has hit hit 44 and has atleast 11 more matches to add to it.

His next goal is to break Salah's PL era goals + assists record (55). Haaland is at 49 at the moment.

PSV

If I'm not mistaken, it is.

Allen: 49 goals
Rush: 47 goals
Law: 46 goals

I could be missing someone.

Haaland has hit hit 44 and has atleast 11 more matches to add to it.

His next goal is to break Salah's PL era goals + assists record (55). Haaland is at 49 at the moment.
Henry and Salah both have 60.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I thought the plaudits he was receiving were undue because his records could all just be personal and not actually help City win anything.

However the title could be decided on goal difference and he looks like he can get City 2 or 3 extra goals a match.