Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Honestly, I doubted him at the beginning of the season, more to do with how City play and the team set up and at certain points it looked like I was onto something when they looked a little blunt. But Pep has tweaked it and now they make sure the final pass is to him if possible and it's devastating.
Doubts were reasonable. The surprising aspect here is he adjusted so soon within the same season. Most Pep signings at City have needed 1 season to get to grips (Grealish, Rodri, Ake, Bernando, Mahrez...)

justsomebloke

He acceleration is ridiculous. Has his speed been clocked? Does anybody know it?
He once made a box-to-box sprint at a faster speed than the 100m world record. It's on youtube. Not starting from standstill and so on, but still.

edit: no it was 60m in 6.64 seconds. Here:

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Throwback to one of the best posters of the season
I'm critical of him as a footballer but as a goalscorer there is no comparison between him and Kane, we need to get real. It's nothing to do with the fact that Haaland plays for City either. As for what Merson said, well....

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Owen was way more talented than Haaland tbh, even if the Balloon he won was very unpopular
This one made me smile..... He was a great talent, scored some great goals and played some great matches, but no. No, no and no!

Hard to compare them outside of numbers, so here we go:

Owen (for Liverpool up after the 01/02 season when he was the same age as Haaland is now)
111 goals (7 pens) and 36 assists in 15669 minutes (206 matches)
151 minutes per non penalty goal (141 minutes per goal)
112 minutes per non penalty goal involvement (G+A) (107 minutes per G+A)

Haaland since he joined a top 5 league team (Dortmund)
137 goals (19 pens) and 31 assists in 10712 minutes (134 matches)
91 minutes per non penalty goal (78 minutes per goal)
72 minutes per non penalty goal involvement (G+A) (64 minutes per G+A)

Owen career numbers in the CL:
11 goals and 2 assists in 1740 minutes (29 games)
158 minutes per goal
134 minutes per goal involvement (G+A)

Haaland in the CL:
35 goals and 4 assists in 2040 minutes (27 games)
58 minutes per goal
52 minutes per goal involvement (G+A)

Owen for England up Haaland's age:
19 goals and 3 assists in 44 games

Haaland for Norway:
21 goals and 3 assists in 23 games

He never scored 20 league goals or more than 28 goals in all comps over a season at club level.

Impossible to take that stand without an English passport or rosetinted glasses, buddy. I remember the great moments too, but no

Dansk

It's just dull. After flinging enough oil money at players, the wheel landed on a generational talent and they reap the rewards. They have no need to be frugal and do all they can to ensure they spend wisely, they don't need to think about cultivating their own youth players in order to replenish the squad, they don't need to care how much a player's agent wants for facilitating the transfer. Just ring up the sheikh and purchase success, breaking the regulations as you go because you're confident that your army of celebrity lawyers can stave off any consequences.

It is to football what Marxists feared the end stage of capitalism would be, when it all falls apart because the system has been pushed to an unsustainable extreme and worn away any notions of fairness and regard for life. Scoring record amounts of goals for a soulless, corrupt husk of a club that has purchased off-the-shelf success with money it never earned. Football at its worst. Breaking the sport down into pure business and cold, mechanical success achieved by players who are only there because it's what pays the most and has the highest chance of adding trophies to their resumes. Not one player at that club is there because they admire what Manchester City stands for, or has worked for. It's raw business, zero soul.

Meanwhile, all other clubs are pushed down and kept from achieving success because nothing can compete with that unless you have it yourself. It isn't possible to use sporting results and cultural appeal to compete with City because there are limits to what those things can bring you. There are no limits to what unrestrained spending of infinite funds can do. The biggest, most popular and historically successful clubs are swept aside by this arbitrary vessel for the whitewashing of a human rights nightmare's geopolitical reputation.

Last edited:

FattyFooty

He acceleration is ridiculous. Has his speed been clocked? Does anybody know it?
Hes acceleration, pace and strength combined is something we havent seen so far i football.

If there are anyone with the same speed, they sure dont match hes strengt.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's just dull. After flinging enough oil money at players, the wheel landed on a generational talent and they reap the rewards. They have no need to be frugal and do all they can to ensure they spend wisely, they don't need to think about cultivating their own youth players in order to replenish the squad, they don't need to care how much a player's agent wants for facilitating the transfer. Just ring up the sheikh and purchase success, breaking the regulations as you go because you're confident that your army of celebrity lawyers can stave off any consequences.

It is to football what Marxists feared the end stage of capitalism would be, when it all falls apart because the system has been pushed to an unsistainable extreme and worn away any notions of fairness and regard for life. Scoring record amounts of goals for a soulless, corrupt husk of a club that has purchased off-the-shelf success with money it never earned. Football at its worst. Breaking the sport down into pure business and cold, mechanical success that wasn't earned in any way, and somehow there are fans who are proud of this and want more. Baffling.

Meanwhile, all other clubs are pushed down and kept from achieving success because nothing can compete with that unless you have it yourself. It isn't possible to use sporting results and cultural appeal to compete with City because there are limits to what those things can bring you. There are no limits to what unrestrained spending of infinite funds can do. The biggest, most popular and historically successful clubs are swept aside by this arbitrary vessel for the whitewashing of a human rights nightmare's geopolitical reputation.
You are now experiencing what most other clubs in the league have experienced for decades with the likes of Utd, Chelsea, etc. spending way beyond what other clubs could spend year on year.

RuudTom83

He is getting better…which is scary! and City even scored a counter-attack goal the other day. Signs they are playing to his strengths even more :/

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Militao will keep him in his poc- oh.

Well shit :(

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What I like about Haalands first season is how his City team have gone in to a very simple system.

No more Sterling tapping in the back post or inverted forwards trying to cut in and shoot.

Grealish, KDB, Silva, Mahrez, Rodri, Gundogan & Foden have all just been creating for Haaland most of the time & he has been taking nearly every chance.

I personally don’t believe he would be just as good at United or Liverpool - he would definitely be a 25+ goal striker but in my opinion wouldn’t be breaking the records with as ease as in City.

That team is just built for him.

Atleast Haaland’s dad played at City - it just kind of makes it feel like it was always meant to be rather than joining us.
Well he did score around a goal per game everywhere else - Austria, BL, PL, CL, international football.

Austria - 17 goals in 16 games
BL - 62 goals in 67 games
PL - 35 goals in 31 games
CL - 35 goals in 27 games
International - 21 goals in 23 games

So chance is he is going to score at similar rate elsewhere too, he will just find a way to score, regardless of the quality of his teammates. I mean just look at that, I am convinced he could.

Pintu

Haaland is a goal machine but if he did win the Ballon d'Or, it would feel, I dunno, the prize lost its magical feeling ? He doesn't possess the out of this planet influence aura that Messi, Ronaldo and Modric had.
Worse players than him have won it…

Everybody talking about how good hes team is...

R9 played with: Beckham, Figo, Zidane, Zalgado, Guti...
Prime R9 never had a stacked team. He played an important part of his football before the Bosman case and its ramifications… Richer Clubs had no means of being this dominant. The R9 of Real was a weaker version of him (post ACL).

But fair comparison to Messi and CR7. Actually I believe the Real and Barça of 2010-15 were even more superior to their domestic weekly opposition than current City is to the EPL. It’s very likely Haaland would have scored just as much if not more.

KeanoMagicHat

Haaland is a goal machine but if he did win the Ballon d'Or, it would feel, I dunno, the prize lost its magical feeling ? He doesn't possess the out of this planet influence aura that Messi, Ronaldo and Modric had.
Ridiculous opinion really, he’s more talented than half the history of winners of the Ballon d’Or. Also at Haaland’s age, Modric was still playing for Dinamo Zagreb.

Owen was way more talented than Haaland tbh, even if the Balloon he won was very unpopular
Haaland is like everything Owen had, with Heskey’s physique to go with it, without losing any of the attributes.

Chief123

Jamie Carragher:

“I actually think Haaland has joined the wrong team in Man City”

Also

“I’m convinced Martinez can’t work in a back 4 in the Premier league”.

He laughed at Neville for suggesting Arsenal wouldn’t win the league too. He’s having a mare this season.

Oranges038

Yeah he's good.

But it all seems very hollow. He could score 100 goals a season and I could care less.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Hes acceleration, pace and strength combined is something we havent seen so far i football.

Exactly. Based on that, plus his insane goalscoring numbers, I think he should be regarded as best player in the world right now.

Acceleration+pace+strength = by far the best in the world
Goalscoring = by far best in the world

Maybe some people just prefer footballers with sublime technical ability, dribbling and control regardless. I just find this weird.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Worse players than him have won it…

Prime R9 never had a stacked team. He played an important part of his football before the Bosman case and its ramifications… Richer Clubs had no means of being this dominant. The R9 of Real was a weaker version of him (post ACL).

But fair comparison to Messi and CR7. Actually I believe the Real and Barça of 2010-15 were even more superior to their domestic weekly opposition than current City is to the EPL. It’s very likely Haaland would have scored just as much if not more.
But don’t forget Brazil 98-02 was pretty stacked though.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
No idea but those are back in 1920s during the pre war era. Things were quite different back when they have almost every top strikers scoring close to a goal per game during those time, so I am not sure we could take those stats seriously when comparing to the present time.

Haaland is breaking records in an era where English league is at its highest ever level, being the best/toughest league in the world and all that, so that looks far more impressive to me.
Dumb post which shows your usual disrespect towards anything that happened in the past. 60 goals is 60 goals, whether it happened in 1920, 1940, 1960 or now. The average goals per match in that season was 3.82. It's less now but not that much less. It's an incredible scoring achievement and there's a reason the record has stood for 90 years FFS. If Haaland gets to 60 it will also be an incredible scoring achievement and the fact that he plays for City should not diminish that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Dumb post which shows your usual disrespect towards anything that happened in the past. 60 goals is 60 goals, whether it happened in 1920, 1940, 1960 or now. The average goals per match in that season was 3.82. It's less now but not that much less. It's an incredible scoring achievement and there's a reason the record has stood for 90 years FFS. If Haaland gets to 60 it will also be an incredible scoring achievement and the fact that he plays for City should not diminish that.
You must be insane if you are taking goalscoring stats from 1920s during the pre war period seriously. Football just weren’t the same back then, especially when compared to football today in PL - day and night difference.

Righteous Steps

Ridiculous opinion really, he’s more talented than half the history of winners of the Ballon d’Or. Also at Haaland’s age, Modric was still playing for Dinamo Zagreb.

Haaland is like everything Owen had, with Heskey’s physique to go with it, without losing any of the attributes.
He couldn’t dribble like Owen but he still is a better player, wouldn’t agree with him being more talented than half the winners though.

Righteous Steps

R9 had the same pace strength and acceleration combination, Haaland has a more insatiable will to score goals though, he is like a turbo charged juiced up Van Nilsterooy made in a Russian laboratory(I know he’s not Russian).

jm99

It is to football what Marxists feared the end stage of capitalism would be, when it all falls apart because the system has been pushed to an unsustainable extreme and worn away any notions of fairness and regard for life. Scoring record amounts of goals for a soulless, corrupt husk of a club that has purchased off-the-shelf success with money it never earned. Football at its worst. Breaking the sport down into pure business and cold, mechanical success achieved by players who are only there because it's what pays the most and has the highest chance of adding trophies to their resumes. Not one player at that club is there because they admire what Manchester City stands for, or has worked for. It's raw business, zero soul.

I mean they haven't won the champions league yet, arsenal threw away a huge lead in the league and they've still to play us in the FA Cup. Yes, they have an unfair advantage but its a bit hyperbolic to frame it as no-one else being possibly able to compete

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
You must be insane if you are taking goalscoring stats from 1920s during the pre war period seriously. Football just weren’t the same back then, especially when compared to football today in PL - day and night difference.
As I said, there were 3.82 goals per game on average in that season. That's less than a goal more than the 2.84 ave gpg in this current PL season. The whole point about football is that it has always been a game with infrequent scoring (compared to other team ball sports), that's why we like it. Ergo, if a guy scores 60 goals in a season in a league with an average of 3.82 goals per game, that is impressive. It's just basic maths. Especially since no one else has done it in the 90 years since then. But we've been through this with Pele, you have no understanding whatsoever of the concept that the past presented different challenges than players face today.

The Purley King

He’s rapid. Some of these speed bursts are crazy. His long legs just eat the ground up.

Would be really interesting to see him on a track with spikes on. Similar to Usain Bolt in terms of size and physique.
I reckon he’d be well under 11 seconds in those conditions, maybe 10.6 or something?

KeanoMagicHat

He couldn’t dribble like Owen but he still is a better player, wouldn’t agree with him being more talented than half the winners though.
What do you consider talent? He’s been destined for stardom since he was about 17. It’s not like he’s a seasoned journeyman pro who worked flat out and rose to the top through pure hard work. He has a lot of natural gifts other players wish they had.

saivet

Whether it's 38 games or 42 games, he holds the record alone now. At 22 years old. In his first PL season. Just sickening...

He has 5 games left to grab the following 3 records:

1. Most goals + assist
He needs 3 more to equal Henry(44).

2. Most hat-tricks
He needs 1 more to equal Shearer(5)

3. Most non-penalty goals
He needs 3 more to equal Salah and Suarez(31)

I have a feeling that he will break all 3 :nervous:
It was a 42 game season but surely Andy Cole has the record for the third record as he got 34 goals in a season and didn't take penalties. I think the only penalty he scored was in a different season too.

Edit: those stats must be for 38 game seasons only as I also saw that Andy Cole had 13 assists in 93/94 which is a total of 47! The crazy thing is Cole didn't make team of the year, oddly enough (Shearer, Cantona and Beardsley were the forwards selected). The only individual awards he won that season were the golden boot and young player of the season.

Last edited:

justsomebloke

FattyFooty

R9 had the same pace strength and acceleration combination, Haaland has a more insatiable will to score goals though, he is like a turbo charged juiced up Van Nilsterooy made in a Russian laboratory(I know he’s not Russian).
Haaland has strength over Ronaldo. I agree on the rest.

FattyFooty

Exactly. Based on that, plus his insane goalscoring numbers, I think he should be regarded as best player in the world right now.

Acceleration+pace+strength = by far the best in the world
Goalscoring = by far best in the world

Maybe some people just prefer footballers with sublime technical ability, dribbling and control regardless. I just find this weird.
Thank you.

To me he is the best footballer in the world. Kinda clear of it to.

He continues to dominate every week.

City got a football monster in there squad.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
He is not, he isn't more talented than Modric, he neither is more talented than R9, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Baggio,Rivaldo,etc

He will be the greatest goalscorer in history of football, but when it comes to pure talent, there are players more talented than him, wether or not he will be more successful than these players.

We are talking about pure talent, not success.