Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Kevin de Bryne :lol: Our media is beyond cringe deluxe.

Thats it. Time to ban Norwegian media from entering England, I cant deal with the secondhand embarrassment.

I get that egostroking is all the rage in Norway, I certainly enjoy it, but since we are currently dominating football, tennis, golf, track&field, nearly every winter sport, chess AND paid maternal leave, we can let this one go.

It was just as bad when Mats Zuccarello played for the NYR, Norwegian journos making everything about Zucc at every opportunity.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Kevin de Bryne :lol: Our media is beyond cringe deluxe.

He must die a little inside hearing that. But I get why the Norwegian media is happy its been a quiet decade for talents in football after Riise and Solskjaer.

Arguably Odegaard and Haaland will surpass them and Norway could have a decent run in at WC if they can get a few good players around them in future.

I know how dominant Norway is when it comes to Winter Olympics and other sports like Handball. Haaland is an absolute monster but De Bruyne is such a complete midfielder its so strange from the media.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Bit reaching mate.

If all he does is score a shit load of goals, every team and manager that has him will be delighted.

What does Ronaldo do for us other than score goals sometimes?
Agreed and Haaland has higher outputs at his age than Messi, Ronaldo did but then again Ronaldo and Messi were incredible to watch. Haaland I think has a very good chance of beating their goal records though since he's a striker and Messi / Ronaldo were wingers up until they hit the age of 30ish.

Hammondo

He may and probably is going to break all goal scoring records this season but there will always be criticism regarding the rest of his game. The challenge will come once Guardiola leaves city and they are no longer as dominant; he will have to do more than poach goals than he may be found out.

The lack of ability outside scoring means that even if he does outscore everyone, he won't be mentioned in the company of Pele, Messi and Maradona. Something similar to Cristiano.
Everything depends on the CL. They have no opposition for PL, so the CL is the only difference between having him and not.

Macern

Pee pee pants
He’s the best player in the world isn’t he? Me and my roomies always bet on him to score and then spend the money going out drinking, it’s a free money glitch in real life

Irwin99

I felt a bit bad blaming the Dortmund keeper for both goals but i'm glad everyone else is :lol:

Anyway, this guy is going is going to get 40+ goals in his first season.

NewYorkRed

He may and probably is going to break all goal scoring records this season but there will always be criticism regarding the rest of his game. The challenge will come once Guardiola leaves city and they are no longer as dominant; he will have to do more than poach goals than he may be found out.

The lack of ability outside scoring means that even if he does outscore everyone, he won't be mentioned in the company of Pele, Messi and Maradona. Something similar to Cristiano.
Haha way to stick to your guns, I’ll give ya that. What an absurd post. “He keeps winning them matches, just not in the way I am convinced footballers should be winning them though” its embarrassing, really.

The Firestarter

It's what a classical center forward does or used to do. The game evolved and this profile of player was gradually obsoleted at the very top level for more well rounded players, however in the case of a physical and reactional freak such as Haaland , the benefit of having this type of player outweighs heavily the drawbacks.

Sara125

I’m sure he’ll lose sleep at night over this despite being on course to break all kinds of records

fallengt

dude isn't human
tbf Dortmund played very well. City only won with superstar' moments.

Ladron de redcafe

That's the goat triumvirate in football. You're essentially arguing that because Haaland won't go down as one of the consensus top 3 greatest players ever, that he'll be disappointed or will be a disappointment.

Not everyone can be a Messi, Maradona, or a Pele. Going down in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th tier of all time greats definitely isn't a disappointment. It's a remarkable achievement for someone who doesn't possess the skillset that the players you mentioned do.

He can go down as a top 10 player ever if he lives up to his potential and stays away from injuries.

Handré1990

Such predictable reactions from a lot of posters. I hate the fact he’s at City, but he’s a kid producing magic and unparalleled numbers in the almighty PL and CL. Just try to let your bitterness go, and grow the feck up. You’ll be happier for it in the long run

croadyman

Such predictable reactions from a lot of posters. I hate the fact he’s at City, but he’s a kid producing magic and unparalleled numbers in the almighty PL and CL. Just try to let your bitterness go, and grow the feck up. You’ll be happier for it in the long run
He's there because we had the wrong people in charge when leaving Molde & Salzburg. Sadly the ship sailed by the time he was leaving Dortmund.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He's there because we had the wrong people in charge when leaving Molde & Salzburg. Sadly the ship sailed by the time he was leaving Dortmund.
There's all sorts of stories like that going around.
Back in the late 70's City were implored to sign Ian Rush from Chester by an ex City player who was his manager.
We put in an offer of 50m for Mbappe when he was about 17 and playing at Monaco but it was turned down.
Just gotta move on and find the next one.

croadyman

There's all sorts of stories like that going around.
Back in the late 70's City were implored to sign Ian Rush from Chester by an ex City player who was his manager.
We put in an offer of 50m for Mbappe when he was about 17 and playing at Monaco but it was turned down.
Just gotta move on and find the next one.
Easy for you to say that isn't it when he's your absolute goal scoring machine. Let's face it no one else around can provide that sort of return which equals danger for the rest of us.

Last edited:

Dingo

Supports
Haaland
As great as Haaland is, I’m not sure the goal was as great as it looks. He did great to get his foot on it like he did but the GK was shocking. It literally went through him.
You can’t be serious…

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Getting really sick of the Norwegian media fellating this cnut at every turn. Every single day his ugly mug is plastered all over every damn news outlet with bullshit clickbait stories. «Haaland did this!» «Haaland did that!» «Haaland’s teammates LOVE this about him!»

feck off
Makes a nice change from everything being about United or Liverpool, which was all they wrote about english football before Haaland

croadyman

Makes a nice change from everything being about United or Liverpool, which was all they wrote about english football before Haaland
Hard not to feel despondent at any other striker when you see him banging in goals continously.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Yep, think while he's around, Liverpool won't be hitting 19 for a while. Glass half full and all that

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Easy for you to say that isn't it when he's your absolute goal scoring machine. Let's face it no one else around can provide that sort of return which equals danger for the rest of us.
Danger for the rest of us ?
Are you talking about the potential scoring records of Haaland?
If so I don’t remember many complaints about United’s additions of the likes of Cole and van Nistelrooy to teams who were already ahead of the pack.
Not to mention the attempts to get Shearer and Batistuta.

Gazza

If so I don’t remember many complaints about United’s additions of the likes of Cole and van Nistelrooy to teams who were already ahead of the pack.
umm, isn’t the poster you’re replying to just saying Haaland is very, very good? :confused:

croadyman

Coley & Ruud weren't even as ruthless

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think right now he is the best player in the world. I don’t care if people disagree because he can’t dribble or what. Truth is, in terms of being the most outstanding in his role, he does it better than anyone else.

croadyman

I think right now he is the best player in the world. I don’t care if people disagree because he can’t dribble or what. Truth is, in terms of being the most outstanding in his role, he does it better than anyone else.
Yeah and could have been ours if we got him after Molde/Salzburg,try as I might I can't shake that feeling and someone's head at the club should have rolled for messing it up.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why does this thread become active everyone he scores? The obsession is a bit weird. Guy scores goal > need to post in halaand thread

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Why does this thread become active everyone he scores? The obsession is a bit weird. Guy scores goal > need to post in halaand thread

Well, most of the times he's breaking records when he nets one or scoring goals like he did today. Weird not to mention it at this point.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I think some enterprising journalist should research his origin story … Was he created in a lab? As a child was he subjected to gene enhancing experiments that are only legal if performed in independent ocean waters? Did his father find him in the wreckage of an alien ship?

lysglimt

Scout
And I just read an article about OGS contacting United about him long before he joined Salzburg - specifically, he told Butt to sign him ASAP. Either Butt declined or the higher-ups did .

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think some enterprising journalist should research his origin story … Was he created in a lab? As a child was he subjected to gene enhancing experiments that are only legal if performed in independent ocean waters? Did his father find him in the wreckage of an alien ship?
Pretty sure he was raised on that space base from Moonraker.

croadyman

And I just read an article about OGS contacting United about him long before he joined Salzburg - specifically, he told Butt to sign him ASAP. Either Butt declined or the higher-ups did .
Just hearing this makes me feel utterly gutted

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He came to City to chew bubblegum and score goals, and after his transfer they couldn't legally afford any bubblegum
"I'm here to criticize the repressive regime of the United Arab Emirates and score goals, and I'm now contractually forbidden from speaking of UAE in a negative light."