Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I’m 28, don’t have a wife.

And I’m sorry, I’m on a ManUtd forum. You want me to be singing his praises when they’re crushing it? Idiot
The idiot is the one who can't look past his tribal bias

Spoony

The People's President
I despise him, why the ferk would I admire him? Ferk him and ferk man city.

I said it when they signed him, the league’s over. People told me he wouldn’t get more than 15-17 in his first year in the epl. Don’t wanna quote you guys but you’re not looking too wise now. All the false 9 brigade needs to shut up.
I agree.

Dr. StrangeHate

If Roy Keane had gone for Haaland Senior's balls instead of his leg, the world would have been a better place.

MrEleson

Commentators said earlier he's on his way to being considered as good as Mbappe and Ronaldo - feck that he's already there and then some.
As a goalscorer maybe but his overall game is still far from their level.

NewYorkRed

Can’t believe I’m getting stick for not wanting to wax lyrical about a guy who’s just scored 3 against us and plays for city. This forum is dumb.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Can’t believe I’m getting stick for not wanting to wax lyrical about a guy who’s just scored 3 against us and plays for city. This forum is dumb.
I'm confident you won't have to suffer it much longer.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He’s better then Mbappe. You simply can’t bypass his numbers and the level of opposition he is playing against weekly. Playing against Stade Reims and Angers every other week just can’t compare I’m sorry.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Watching Šeško destroy and embarrass this Norwegian fraud was so satisfying. :lol:

How can you watch players like Šeško or Vlahovic and still think Haaland is special or generational? The hysteria and hype around Haaland will cool down when people catch up.
Can't wait for the next WUM.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
As a goalscorer maybe but his overall game is still far from their level.
Ya Haaland as a goal scorer will be in the convo but not as a player.

Ronaldo and Messi technically are light years ahead of Haaland.

Haaland is a Gerd Muller regen.

dove

I remember people laughing at him after his "bad" first couple of games or so where he missed some chances. Guy is gonna end up with 40+ goals almost guaranteed if he stays fit.

lsd

The Oracle
He is absolutely fantastic. In my opinion the best centre forward we have seen in the premiership

BorisManUtd

Beast. Hopefully City get out of the cups because they could win everything with him and that's scary thought.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He’s better then Mbappe. You simply can’t bypass his numbers and the level of opposition he is playing against weekly. Playing against Stade Reims and Angers every other week just can’t compare I’m sorry.
Something something Haaland only third best scorer in a serious league with competent defenders

Salah had 32.

If Haaland scores 2 more today, he's already half way there...!
It's really weird that the PL goal scoring record is so low with its 38 matches, even lower than the Bundesliga's at only 34 matches (and has been for 50 years, before the 'one team league' comments come in)

Joel Miller

Maybe the premier league is the farmers league? For all the hype and talk of quality you don’t half see some embarrassingly high score lines.

Ted Lasso

Embarrassment to think back to the club and even moreso, fans who turned their nose up at him for having a release clause in his contract.

MrEleson

It's really weird that the PL goal scoring record is so low with its 38 matches, even lower than the Bundesliga's at only 34 matches (and has been for 50 years, before the 'one team league' comments come in)
Not that weird considering the very best players in history never played in the premier league apart from Ronaldo who did before he really did become a monstrous goalscorer.

KeanoMagicHat

All Haaland has shown is that opposition is a really overrated point... him and Lewandowski are making a mockery of the "Bundesliga tax" people. They're both scoring as much or more in the Premier League and La Liga as they ever did in Bundesliga. Mbappé would also score as many for City as he does for PSG, maybe even more.

Nero

Good to hear his dad say he'll probably only stay for a couple of years.

As predicted.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not that weird considering the very best players in history never played in the premier league apart from Ronaldo who did before he really did become a monstrous goalscorer.
That's a weird fact by itself.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
All Haaland has shown is that opposition is a really overrated point... him and Lewandowski are making a mockery of the "Bundesliga tax" people. They're both scoring as much or more in the Premier League and La Liga as they ever did in Bundesliga. Mbappé would also score as many for City as he does for PSG, maybe even more.
This is the best thing about Haaland's arrival in the PL, it shows just how terribly overrated that league is by its fans. Those star players would only go to the best teams, and those teams and City now specifically has basically made this a 1-team league like the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 if not for some valiant, albeit insufficient effort from Liverpool. You add Haaland to that and it's not the mighty PL that's going to stop him or players like Lewa/Mbappe/Benzema/name your world-class player not in the PL.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Too good and a team player as well. Huge problem.

For the other teams I mean, not his.

Skills

Snitch
Hey guys don't you know that Pep Guardiola can't accommodate a striker who's not maestro on the ball.

MiceOnMeth

Agree with this. Put Mbappé in Liverpool's team and he would dick all over the premier league just like Haaland is. As to who's better it's hard to compare when one plays as a wide forward and the other a number 9 but personally I'd Take Haaland for his character over Mbappés attitude

SAFMUTD

He's going to absolutely destroy every single record. God I hate how good he is, lucky that the time also accommodated for him to be in a team like City that generates multiple chances.

Hopefully he fecks off to PSG or Madrid soon.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is the best thing about Haaland's arrival in the PL, it shows just how terribly overrated that league is by its fans.
It's about an incredible finisher playing for the most creative team. A perfect alignment of stars. If scoring was that easy then there would be more players scoring more goals.