Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
This is the best thing about Haaland's arrival in the PL, it shows just how terribly overrated that league is by its fans.
He's also in the perfect setup though. City have been in a different league to anyone but Liverpool for some years now. Now they have the perfect striker as well.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
On the bright side, it will be years before we're realistically competing for the title. So at least he's worse news for some other cnuts in the meantime. Let's just hope he's fecked off by the time we're good again.

MiceOnMeth

He's going to absolutely destroy every single record. God I hate how good he is, lucky that the time also accommodated for him to be in a team like City that generates multiple chances.

Hopefully he fecks off to PSG or Madrid soon.
He has a very real chance of besting Messi's 50 goals in a league season doesn't he. I think Salahs 32 is almost guaranteed to be beaten

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Every time he scores one sentence comes to my mind. "United is too big to accept release clause". That was bs decision

Joel Miller

He's also in the perfect setup though. City have been in a different league to anyone but Liverpool for some years now. Now they have the perfect striker as well.
Really though? I mean it was only a matter of months ago people will insisting he wouldn’t fit in at City and that they needed a striker who was better on the ball…….

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Really though? I mean it was only a matter of months ago people will insisting he wouldn’t fit in at City and that they needed a striker who was better on the ball…….
I wasn't one of those.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
[/QUOTE]
He’s better then Mbappe. You simply can’t bypass his numbers and the level of opposition he is playing against weekly. Playing against Stade Reims and Angers every other week just can’t compare I’m sorry.
Mbappe would destroy the PL as well, as soon as he plays for one of the top teams.

The first pages of this thread are full of clueless posters saying Haaland would fail in the PL cause he is only used to score against Bundesliga farmers, and we are here now, with Haaland making the PL looking like a proper farmers league.

I hope Mbappe moves to the PL soon, so he and Haaland can make the PL look like a total farmers league.

Last edited:

ElectroManiac

We should have let City get Ronaldo on 2021and trow all the money we had to this guy this previous summer, but of course our board doesn't have that type of vision :wenger:

MrEleson

It's about an incredible finisher playing for the most creative team. A perfect alignment of stars. If scoring was that easy then there would be more players scoring more goals.
Scoring is really that easy for the absolute best. I remember when Ronaldo and Messi were scoring 40+ league goals year in year out and people would boldly claim that they wouldn’t do it in the prem even though they were wiping the floor with the best prem teams in the CL.

Dingo

Supports
Haaland
Watching Šeško destroy and embarrass this Norwegian fraud was so satisfying. :lol:

How can you watch players like Šeško or Vlahovic and still think Haaland is special or generational? The hysteria and hype around Haaland will cool down when people catch up.
Give me your update from today buddy

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Scoring is really that easy for the absolute best. I remember when Ronaldo and Messi were scoring 40+ league goals year in year out and people would boldly claim that they wouldn’t do it in the prem even though they were wiping the floor with the best prem teams in the CL.
I agree with you which is why Haaland doing what he does or Ronaldo/Messi doing what they did in the CL, doesn't say much about the level of either competition. When you're great, nothing can stop you

Ladron de redcafe

All Haaland has shown is that opposition is a really overrated point... him and Lewandowski are making a mockery of the "Bundesliga tax" people. They're both scoring as much or more in the Premier League and La Liga as they ever did in Bundesliga. Mbappé would also score as many for City as he does for PSG, maybe even more.
Yup. He's making s mockery of the "mighty" premier league right now, and would do so in any league.

Chief123

Dortmund are probably the stupidest team ever for letting him go so cheap. Who puts a release clause that low on a player that is easily worth over 100m
Haaland was nowhere near worth 100m when he signed for Dortmund. Captain Hindsight.
€60m release clause actually seemed reasonable for them when he signed.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
His ability to find space in the penalty box is out of this world plus this guy has insane acceleration in a few meters, top speed, and football IQ, so it's almost impossible to mark him. Plus he has elite passers in KDB and a lot of guys. He will be one of the best strikers of all time if he doesn't have any hard injuries during these few years.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's about an incredible finisher playing for the most creative team. A perfect alignment of stars. If scoring was that easy then there would be more players scoring more goals.
Let's be real, the PL hasn't really had the best players in the world in their league, it's slowly going that way. Scoring is that easy for those elite players. You put any of the names we mention in that City team, it's a boatload of goals. Or even how Arsenal are playing now, Liverpool a couple of season ago. Those elite players get to pick whatever team they go to, and they'll almost always pick the best team. Haaland obviously chose City because of what you mentioned, but you can slot him out and put Lewa, Benzema, or even Mbappe (3 players who I believe have scored against every single PL team they came across btw) and you'd still get a boatload of goals. The league is irrelevant to players of that level, because the league itself is so unbalanced to begin with (like almost every league out there), and they'll always be on the right side of that scale, tipping it further out of balance.

Adrian7

We know City was good but this guy Haaland is the missing piece for them to win UCL, if they don't then Guardiola will never match Fergie status :D

Chief123

Most PL hatricks in a season
1995/96 Alan Shearer 5
2016/17 Harry Kane 4
2017/18 Sergio Aguero 3
2018/19 Sergio Aguero 3
2022-23 Haaland 3
He’ll probably get shearers record in 2 weeks time. He’s got 3 hat tricks in a row at home now.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is a total beast. He is making me look like a right idiot doubting him. Incredible striker.

Cloud7

There's a morbid curiosity within me to see just how many goals he will score this season. The numbers he racks up are like if you're playing manager mode on amateur difficulty in FIFA.

He's showing up the PL to be a farmer's league :p

kouroux

Let's be real, the PL hasn't really had the best players in the world in their league, it's slowly going that way. Scoring is that easy for those elite players. You put any of the names we mention in that City team, it's a boatload of goals. Or even how Arsenal are playing now, Liverpool a couple of season ago. Those elite players get to pick whatever team they go to, and they'll almost always pick the best team. Haaland obviously chose City because of what you mentioned, but you can slot him out and put Lewa, Benzema, or even Mbappe (3 players who I believe have scored against every single PL team they came across btw) and you'd still get a boatload of goals. The league is irrelevant to players of that level, because the league itself is so unbalanced to begin with (like almost every league out there), and they'll always be on the right side of that scale, tipping it further out of balance.
Elite players doing elite things doesn't say much about the overall quality of a league is what I'm saying. Haaland would have still scored if he played for Wolves, it's just made easier to do so at Man City

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Elite players doing elite things doesn't say much about the overall quality of a league is what I'm saying. Haaland would have still scored if he played for Wolves, it's just made easier to do so at Man City
He would but not at this rate

KeanoMagicHat

Yup. He's making s mockery of the "mighty" premier league right now, and would do so in any league.

Correct. I wish people would focus on the quality of players and the games they play rather than the leagues. This has always been the way for most of football history, didn't matter that Pele was playing in Brazil or Puskas in Hungary or Cruyff in Netherlands etc. Great players are great players. This farmers league nonsense is a very modern phenomenon.

Also the best way to compare players is through the Champions League where everyone plays (or World Cup). And the best players in the league, shock horror, also tend to be the best players in the Champions League as well.

Varun

Staff
He's a monster. Fkin unfair that Pep who was winning titles without a striker now has the best in the world

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Wish I could listen to Ole’s pitch to try and get him to sign for us in 2020.

kouroux

Correct. I wish people would focus on the quality of players and the games they play rather than the leagues. This has always been the way for most of football history, didn't matter that Pele was playing in Brazil or Puskas in Hungary or Cruyff in Netherlands etc. Great players are great players. This farmers league nonsense is a very modern phenomenon.

Also the best way to compare players is through the Champions League where everyone plays (or World Cup). And the best players in the league, shock horror, also tend to be the best players in the Champions League as well.
This would require people to stop being immature kids and use common sense

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He’s better then Mbappe. You simply can’t bypass his numbers and the level of opposition he is playing against weekly. Playing against Stade Reims and Angers every other week just can’t compare I’m sorry.
He is a better player than Mbappe, yes. Unfortunately for him though he isn't as exciting a player to watch and doesn't have an upcoming world cup to showcase his abilities to the wider world.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Martial has a better minutes to goals ratio this season.

mikeyt

Different gravy, but longevity defines the all time greats, if he's still doing this in 5 years no question he'll be one of the all time greats.

Chief123

He is a better player than Mbappe, yes. Unfortunately for him though he isn't as exciting a player to watch and doesn't have an upcoming world cup to showcase his abilities to the wider world.
That’s even scarier for the premier league. This guy has a 1 month rest coming up.