2. M. Keane
12. Cofie (9) '49
13. Wren
15. Lingard
16. Giverin (8) '70
17. Gomes
18. Ngoo (14) '62

King '34 and Brady '63 were the scorers

Tunnicliffe played right back, Cole right wing with Morrisona and Hussain in the middle. Game had five minutes extra time.

Final at 8:15 tonight.

PS18

Tunnicliffe started at right-back I thought? Second half when chasing the winner we seemed to switch to three at the back with Thorpe playing on the right.

jb8521

Morrisons not allowed play in the final according to his facebook

PS18

Seems strange. Guess he must have picked up a booking against Desportivo.

datura

Tunnicliffe started at right-back I thought? Second half when chasing the winner we seemed to switch to three at the back with Thorpe playing on the right.
That's what I thought too.

Shame that Morrison is missing the final, he's shown some great flashes of skill but been a bit frustrated in the games I've seen him and been a bit ill disciplined.

lysglimt

Scout
Morrison has played brilliantly - but he has acted like a complete thug at times. And with normal rules he would have missed 3 matches after his sending off

PS18

Morrison has played brilliantly - but he has acted like a complete thug at times. And with normal rules he would have missed 3 matches after his sending off
Not really, this is a tournament, red cards in tournaments usually only mean a one-match ban unless the offence is serious enough to warrant more, which I wouldn't say Morrison's was in the first game at all. If one of our first-teamers had done it in the CL, or an England player in a World Cup, a) I'm not convinced they'd have got sent off anyway, and b) I doubt it'd be more than a one-match ban.

As far as I've seen the only time he's acted anything like 'a complete thug' was in the first game with that red card, and even then it was handbags rather than some Duncan Ferguson-esque violence. The tackle yesterday was over-exuberance, nothing more. Unless you've been out in NI watching the games and have seen something we haven't, I'm not sure what else there is to really warrant calling him a complete thug.

PS18

The Elite final is on now by the way, red button and I assume online. Devlin, Evans and Norwood all starting.

datura

I forgot about the Elite final, watching now.

I agree with you about Morrison - yesterday's challange was what can happen when you take a heavy touch and you dive in to win it back - it was probably ill judged, but not malicious in the slightest. In the first game, we were getting kicked all over the park - one challenge put King out of the game - and there were numerous late and niggly challenges and the ref wasn't doing anything. He lost his head and reacted when he shouldn't but considering some of the challenges I have some sympathy although a player like he is will have to learn to take some heavy challenges and not react if he wants to progress to the highest level.

1-0 to NI, get in!

lysglimt

Scout
Not really, this is a tournament, red cards in tournaments usually only mean a one-match ban unless the offence is serious enough to warrant more, which I wouldn't say Morrison's was in the first game at all. If one of our first-teamers had done it in the CL, or an England player in a World Cup, a) I'm not convinced they'd have got sent off anyway, and b) I doubt it'd be more than a one-match ban.

As far as I've seen the only time he's acted anything like 'a complete thug' was in the first game with that red card, and even then it was handbags rather than some Duncan Ferguson-esque violence. The tackle yesterday was over-exuberance, nothing more. Unless you've been out in NI watching the games and have seen something we haven't, I'm not sure what else there is to really warrant calling him a complete thug.
He has player 3 matches and he was correctly sent off in 1 - could, maybe even should have been sent off in another. That's fairly bad in my book

PS18

That's an incredibly simplistic way of looking at things and does nothing to really justify the 'thug' tag, but each to their own.

Eric Cantona and Nicky Butt have both in relatively recent years been sent off twice in two games - if you take those two games in isolation as you're taking Morrison's three, does that make them thugs?

Decotron

Hes not a thug at all you can see that staight away. He has no fear and is a tough lad, he has to be. With that ability he always faces getting completely hacked out of it himself. Ive seen some outrageous tackles on him. Any bad reactions/tackles from him are imo just a sign of youth. Watch any game at that age group and you'll see alot more sending off's than you would in the first team. He just needs to harness his aggression/frustrations in the correct manner. A massive talent with huge prospects in my eyes

PS18

1. Johnstone
2. M. Keane
3. Fryers
4. McGinty
5. Thorpe
6. Tunnicliffe
8. Hussain
10. W. Keane
11. Brady (c)
12. Cofie
18. Ngoo

PS18

Tidy finish from Ngoo, just what we needed to settle us down.

BBC still persisting with saying Ngoo scored in the second game when we've all seen he hasn't. Not sure how they've managed to confuse him with Tunnicliffe, not exactly strikingly similar...

cj_sparky

From the 3 matches I have seen all of the lads look good on the ball and good technically. But the best player for me would be Morrison, he just stands out at this age group and look the one who would create something from nothing.

I must say tho been a little dissappointed with Tunnicliffe.

datura

Fantastic goal by Hussain - great throughball from Thorpe to Ngoo who backheeled it into the path of Hussain who slotted it in. Should be game over now. Cofie is coming into it more this half.