Northern Ireland Milk Cup

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Does anyone have team stats from the NIMC in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.

I am looking for line-ups, subs, scorers and squads.

As far as the 2011 Tournament is concerned our first three games are as follows:

25.7.11 Zamora FC
26.7.11 County Tyrone
27.7.11 Hartlepool United

Lets hope for another successful Tournament

Heffo

This link is for the Northern Ireland Milk Cup Youtube page if you weren't aware of it before. Has highlights of the Milk Cup from 2003 through 2007, has MUTV's 2004 programme which shows individual highlights of each of United's matches so you should be able to figure it out some of the stats from there.

YouTube - ‪Kanal tilhørende NiMilkCup‬‏

jeston

Just looking at some of the confirmed squads: Premier Squad (United's not up there yet)

But looks like Rafael Leao & Gladstony will be playing for Desportivo Brasil

Heffo

I would say those are last years squads, Gladstony and Rafael Leao were born in 93 wheras players in the Premier section must be 94 or later. Agnaldo, another who was spotted at Old Trafford is also listed but he was born in 94 so he could be playing again. Lucas and Aguilar were both born in 95 so there is a good chance they could be involved as well.

jeston

Ah yeah. You're right..

Move along, nothing to see here.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Brazilians always have the most random names. Gladstony? I mean seriously what the feck..It's like they all get together on the British Surname website, pick names out of a hat and suffix the name with -on, -inho, -do etc. There was a lad called Dentinho or something a few years ago..somewhere along the way you just know he was having his fillings done in a dingy practice in England when a stroke of genius overtook his skull.

cj_sparky

Wasn't Gladstony meant to be going to FC Twente, ahead of a possible move to United?

Heffo

Could definately be worth watching them this year so. 3 players who seem to have basically signed for United already and if the partnership continues we could see a few more future signings.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Brazilians always have the most random names. Gladstony? I mean seriously what the feck..It's like they all get together on the British Surname website, pick names out of a hat and suffix the name with -on, -inho, -do etc. There was a lad called Dentinho or something a few years ago..somewhere along the way you just know he was having his fillings done in a dingy practice in England when a stroke of genius overtook his skull.
What's your theory on this guy?

lysglimt

Scout
Well - would be bad if you were born in Walton-on-the-naze

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Squad announced in NIMC Programme:

Joe Coll, Donald Love, Louis Rowley, Declan Dalley, Luke McCullough, Jack Rudge, Joe Rothwell, Mats Daehli, James Wilson, Adnan Januzaj, Jack Barmby, Ben Pearson, Jon Sutherland, Patrick McNair, Matthew Wilkinson, Kenji Gorre, James Weir, Liam Grimshaw.

Very young team!

Most are known from U/16's last year...Daehli and Januzaj are obviously new recruits as is Declan Dalley who I have spoken about before.

Manchester United signed Wales teenage star Declan Dalley - Sporting Alert

Patrick McNair is a new name to me but part of the U/16 Northern Ireland team.

Patrick McNair

This will be very interesting to watch given the lack of experience in the team.

datura

Paddy McNair has a thread on here, he played in the Victory Shield this year.

Grimshaw is a new name for me, do you know where he plays?

Are Blackett, Ekangamene, Jacob and Van Velzen too old or other commitments? The Italian keeper is also absent, not had clearance yet?

Decotron

Squad announced in NIMC Programme:

Joe Coll, Donald Love, Louis Rowley, Declan Dalley, Luke McCullough, Jack Rudge, Joe Rothwell, Mats Daehli, James Wilson, Adnan Januzaj, Jack Barmby, Ben Pearson, Jon Sutherland, Patrick McNair, Matthew Wilkinson, Kenji Gorre, James Weir, Liam Grimshaw.

Very young team!

Most are known from U/16's last year...Daehli and Januzaj are obviously new recruits as is Declan Dalley who I have spoken about before.

Manchester United signed Wales teenage star Declan Dalley - Sporting Alert

Patrick McNair is a new name to me but part of the U/16 Northern Ireland team.

Patrick McNair

This will be very interesting to watch given the lack of experience in the team.
he was the lad that was at Cardiff? Any further details of what exactly happened with that transfer?

oskarutd

Paddy McNair has a thread on here, he played in the Victory Shield this year.

Grimshaw is a new name for me, do you know where he plays?

Are Blackett, Ekangamene, Jacob and Van Velzen too old or other commitments? The Italian keeper is also absent, not had clearance yet?
Charni, Blackett, Lawrence, Jacob and Hendrie could have played. The Italian is injured and the clearance not likely done yet.

cj_sparky

Is Rudge the lad that played in the reserves a few times last year?

datura

Charni, Blackett, Lawrence, Jacob and Hendrie could have played. The Italian is injured and the clearance not likely done yet.
Cheers Oskar. I wonder why they are exluded? Injury or playing for another United reserve XI?

It will be good to have a look at Januzaj and some of the others we haven't seen too much of so far.

oskarutd

Cheers Oskar. I wonder why they are exluded? Injury or playing for another United reserve XI?

It will be good to have a look at Januzaj and some of the others we haven't seen too much of so far.
You´re welcome. :) There is no shortage of players for the reserves, so it is most likely injuries, unless there are some international games.

Pablo76

Does anyone have team stats from the NIMC in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.

I am looking for line-ups, subs, scorers and squads.

As far as the 2011 Tournament is concerned our first three games are as follows:

25.7.11 Zamora FC
26.7.11 County Tyrone
27.7.11 Hartlepool United

Lets hope for another successful Tournament
Hi Mr.Mujac, I have the scores and scorers from the 2005 tournament, I cant find much info about the other 3 years, not even fixtures. If you know what games we played, could you help me out please?

Also, if anyone is going to this years tournament, I would appreciate it if somebody would be kind enough to get me a couple of programmes as they rarely find their way over here! Cheers.

Heffo

Apparently 4-0 up at the moment against Tyrone. Wilson, Rothwell, Van Velzen and Barmby the scorers. Really want to see a full game of the lads soon, some really good prospects. Apparently Daelhi was great yesterday although he didn't start tonight, also Wilson and Barmby, both with 2 in 2, and a number of other good midfield prospects such as McNair, Pearson, Rothwell and Rudge. I would imagine they play a very nice brand of football and it will be entertaining to watch.

datura

Apparently 4-0 up at the moment against Tyrone. Wilson, Rothwell, Van Velzen and Barmby the scorers. Really want to see a full game of the lads soon, some really good prospects. Apparently Daelhi was great yesterday although he didn't start tonight, also Wilson and Barmby, both with 2 in 2, and a number of other good midfield prospects such as McNair, Pearson, Rothwell and Rudge. I would imagine they play a very nice brand of football and it will be entertaining to watch.
Quite a small, technical group bar Blackett and Van Velzen. I would expect the results to be inconsistent as a lot of first years.

Heffo

Quite a small, technical group bar Blackett and Van Velzen. I would expect the results to be inconsistent as a lot of first years.
Ye only to be expected I suppose, Barmby seems relatively big as well though? When they do play well though it should be fantastic viewing, Januzaj and Dalley both to come in as well of course, should be an interesting season.