Northern Ireland Thread

poleglass red

That's absolute nonsense there is no way in hell that song came from Derry GAA fans. Off all the excuses I've read since this happened that's the worst.

Anyway the people involved are now worried about a witch hunt.

McDade was the bright spark who thought it was a good idea to post the song online, so he's getting attacked from all sides. Always amazes me, how in god's name did he think that posting that was ever going to get a good reaction, they were his friends and fellow OO members. They are apologising as they were caught, simple as, if no video surfaced of it, we wouldn't have heard a thing.One good thing is. the next time an impromptu sing song starts in any bar or club on any side now, people will think twice as it could cost them, their reputation and even their job. A line in the sand was crossed here due to the nature of that song, and I hope we never hear anything like that regardless of what side it is from.

cyberman

That's absolute nonsense there is no way in hell that song came from Derry GAA fans. Off all the excuses I've read since this happened that's the worst.

Anyway the people involved are now worried about a witch hunt.

It’s not an excuse it’s my opinion? This was filmed last month, Derry faced Tyron last month as well.
It’s ok that you disagree, is it as far fetched as randomers in Belfast suddenly singing a song about the Hartes a decade after it happened?
GAA fans have dickheads as well

Deery

Dreary
It’s not an excuse it’s my opinion? This was filmed last month, Derry faced Tyron last month as well.
It’s ok that you disagree, is it as far fetched as randomers in Belfast suddenly singing a song about the Hartes a decade after it happened?
I would put money on it you’ve never been to a GAA match, there’s no segregation of fans and everyone stands together, never once have I heard or heard of any of this carry on, the fans are very well behaved.

You said last week it 100% came from
Faughanvale and is going up in front of the Derry board, yet I haven’t seen or heard nothing of the sort.

Rooney24

So its your opinion that this song all started within the GAA? Am I following this right?

lsd

The Oracle

What sort of rivalry do you think there is between Derry and Tyrone as regards GAA?

Perhaps you should go to a game sometime and see how the opposing fans treat each other

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

According to the comments (I can’t really make it out on my phone), it looks like only three counties with a Unionist majority.

Be interesting to consider how the boundary line might have looked if it ignored county lines altogether and, based on these electoral divisions, came up with a continuous border with the maximum possible number of Unionists and minimum possible number of Nationalists on one side, and vice-versa on the other.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He was not a particular pleasant man at all but he played an important part in the peace process.

Lastwolf

They can't decide how to pay it, cause they wont form the Assembly, which definitely wont happen till minimum the new PM is chosen.

If I could make one rule change in this country, it'd be that if you patently refuse to do the job, you're barred from running for a political office for 10 years and whoever the hell was second gets your seat all the way down until somebody someone actually voted for actually does the damn job.

I don't really care if it's a Sinn Fein-Alliance assembly with 0 "unionist" voices, or we end up sending a TUV space cadet to Westminster, do the job or stop wasting everyone's time.

This stalling of the assembly, has basically NEVER worked out for the DUP, the idea that Liz Truss isn't going to do the exact same double speak "no border checks, except all the border checks" as Boris would be funny if it wasn't so tragically stupid.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They can't decide how to pay it, cause they wont form the Assembly, which definitely wont happen till minimum the new PM is chosen.

If I could make one rule change in this country, it'd be that if you patently refuse to do the job, you're barred from running for a political office for 10 years and whoever the hell was second gets your seat all the way down until somebody someone actually voted for actually does the damn job.

I don't really care if it's a Sinn Fein-Alliance assembly with 0 "unionist" voices, or we end up sending a TUV space cadet to Westminster, do the job or stop wasting everyone's time.

This stalling of the assembly, has basically NEVER worked out for the DUP, the idea that Liz Truss isn't going to do the exact same double speak "no border checks, except all the border checks" as Boris would be funny if it wasn't so tragically stupid.
The payment is likely to be means tested so only those already on benefits I would guess will be eligible. In regards Stormont/DUP etc. personally I don't think we will ever see it back because the DUP simply will never want to be Deputy First Minister with a SF First Minister. That is the actual issue, they have manufactured the protocol to be an issue but even if that were resolved they would create another problem to hang their hat on to continue to delay it. I honestly don't see how it ever comes back at this stage which is a total disaster for the country and the normal people in it.

arnie_ni

The payment is likely to be means tested so only those already on benefits I would guess will be eligible. In regards Stormont/DUP etc. personally I don't think we will ever see it back because the DUP simply will never want to be Deputy First Minister with a SF First Minister. That is the actual issue, they have manufactured the protocol to be an issue but even if that were resolved they would create another problem to hang their hat on to continue to delay it. I honestly don't see how it ever comes back at this stage which is a total disaster for the country and the normal people in it.
That's not what is happening in England though? Everyone got the 400 and people on benefits got an additional amount.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
This is it. As always, they don't want to be seen as inferior to themuns. Their entire world outlook is triumphalist, from remembering a battle fought more than three centuries ago to the slogan We Are The People. A SF first minister is the beginning of the end, as they would see it, and the first step on the road to a United Ireland and the erosion of their identity. They will resist it as much as possible because being under siege is how they have viewed their existence from the moment they landed on the island.

Lastwolf

That's more than likely the reason, which is extra fun, cause they were the ones that blocked any attempt at removing the word Deputy or calling it Co-First minister and are now too butthurt to be the smaller party.

The Assembly needs some serious reform, but even if it did come back to allow those reforms, the DUP would block any attempt to do so, as it'd basically be the death knell of their relevance.

arnie_ni

It's not a payment in your hand in England, they take £66 off your quarterly energy bills
Yea but isn't the same thing happening here? Discount from bills or has the chat been an actual payment?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yea but isn't the same thing happening here? Discount from bills or has the chat been an actual payment?
At the moment nothing is happening here and is unlikely to happen anytime soon. I was sure I'd read that it was going to be a one off payment here as I have already said but perhaps I'm wrong.

cyberman

I got a NI girl pregnant who is now a catholic.
You’re welcome, Jamie Bryson

arnie_ni

Is anyone with electic ireland. Their website says they charge 13.5p per kwh and I was just billed by power ni at a mix of 28.11p and 25.2p.

That difference can't be correct is it? 50 percent. What's the catch?

Rooney24

Loyalists have had a shocker
Spinning it as a win.

Donaldson saying the solution was never going to be found in the courts. Yet they took it to court.

genuinely baffled how people vote for these clowns

cyberman

Spinning it as a win.

Donaldson saying the solution was never going to be found in the courts. Yet they took it to court.

genuinely baffled how people vote for these clowns
Was never going to be found in court..
*ignore our two appeals*

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Unfortunately the people of NI get what they deserve. When you keep voting DUP or SF then you can't complain. Too much tribalism

Rooney24

Yeah what a mess.

While I can understand he is trying to buy time, especially in light of yesterdays ruling on the protocol, more delay doesn't incentivise the parties to get it up and running again.

Especially when CHH is essentially passing new legislation to get around his own legal duty.

caid

Yeah what a mess.

While I can understand he is trying to buy time, especially in light of yesterdays ruling on the protocol, more delay doesn't incentivise the parties to get it up and running again.

Especially when CHH is essentially passing new legislation to get around his own legal duty.
That part i dont understand in the slightest. What does he think more time will achieve?

Rooney24

That part i dont understand in the slightest. What does he think more time will achieve?
Probably just a cooling off period while the DUP get their head around the fact the protocol is lawful.