Northern Ireland Thread

Rooney24

Shopped by his own dashcam :lol:

The story goes that he sent this to his bosses in the UVF as evidence he'd done the deed, then it got around from there.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
You get warnings for a kneecapping before it happens. I think it’s a month to either get out or shape up depending on what the cause is
This shit still going on up there.
I thought that was a skit when I saw it

stevoc

This shit still going on up there.
I thought that was a skit when I saw it
Sadly yes, though paramilitaries used to have the decency to use a real gun when threatening you instead of a fake desert eagle.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I just read a lengthy Reddit post about someone who lived in Bransholme (one of the rougher parts of Hull) and moved with their family to Belfast.
The post was unfavourably comparing the quality of life and wishing they could move back. My conclusion was….things must be pretty grizzly over there

Rooney24

Sounds like it decision time shortly for the DUP.

Think they will be going back in but are they getting what they want or will they have to simply spin it as so?

cyberman

Sounds like it decision time shortly for the DUP.

Think they will be going back in but are they getting what they want or will they have to simply spin it as so?
No, they’ll move the goalposts yet again. It’s all about their drug dealing masters who are having their drugs seized at ports and are finding it hard to smuggle drugs in over the water.

Rooney24

The right decision to go back to Stormont in the end. Not sure what, if anything, the DUP gained here. Just seems a colossal waste of time overall.

Jeff probably won’t last the year

No Love

Back to porridge then, lads. Packing up their colouring books and putting them into their briefcases. I hope no one forgets their crayons on the first day back.

FireballXL5

They'll think of something to bring it all down again. They aren't serious about power sharing.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't really see how the DUP position has changed at all.

They wouldn't join in before, because of the post Brexit deal and now they are saying they will join in, once the post Brexit deal has been resolved to their satisfaction.

What's the difference?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't really see how the DUP position has changed at all.

They wouldn't join in before, because of the post Brexit deal and now they are saying they will join in, once the post Brexit deal has been resolved to their satisfaction.

What's the difference?
I suspect they’ve negotiated/been promised a huge sum of money to get back to it

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Bringing the groups together would be better than divisive talk and actions.
Maybe there’s hope.

Get NI in decent shape first and slowly maybe a united Ireland wouldn’t be so scary to unionists.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

What's the difference?
There's an election coming up this year. They probably need to be seen to be working to get the votes.
Hats off to the person who convinced Donaldson that something had changed. :lol:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What a moment. Was a time, not all that long ago, when one of her gender, or religion, could not vote in the statelet. ‘A Protestant state for a Protestant people’. Obviously Jeffrey ran out of fake excuses, and the cumulative pressure of voters and outside pressure, including from the British, became too much. Let us hope it sticks and good sense prevails.

arnie_ni

Can't get an MOT booked until 1st July in Coleraine. Omagh has "none available".

1. What's caused this?
2. Will my car be illegal or is there some sort of compensation due to the unavailability of bookings?

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Can't get an MOT booked until 1st July in Coleraine. Omagh has "none available".

1. What's caused this?
2. Will my car be illegal or is there some sort of compensation due to the unavailability of bookings?
They’re still dealing with the backlog caused by the replacement/repair of the defective lifting machines at the test centres.

Just keep your MOT booking letter in your car in case you’re ever pulled over by police, and go online every morning to get another slot - there’s always cancellations!

stevoc

They’re still dealing with the backlog caused by the replacement/repair of the defective lifting machines at the test centres.

Just keep your MOT booking letter in your car in case you’re ever pulled over by police, and go online every morning to get another slot - there’s always cancellations!
It was ok to drive past your MOT expiry as long as you have one booked in, is that still the case?

arnie_ni

So go ahead and book one even about 3 months after mime runs out?

cyberman

1. What's caused this?
Yep, you’re ok. The back log is a joke thanks to Covid and never got back on track yet.
Edit and / or reason given above. I completely forgot about that

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
So go ahead and book one even about 3 months after mime runs out?
Yeah, book one and then go online every morning to get a cancellation. There's always cancellations, and lots of them. You’ll just have to be flexible with the location.

Last edited: