Northern Ireland Thread

fergosaurus

I'm feeling optimistic because the vaccine roll out is going so well. When the SSE arena opens as a vaccination centre in April the plan is to give 40k jabs a week across the country. Things are moving along nicely.

Eire Red United

Doesn’t really say anything apart from households which am sure the majority of people are already breaking anyway.
I don’t think anyone is listening to the households advice at this stage. The vast majority of vulnerable people have got their first jab- time to let the rest of us start living again.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I'm feeling optimistic because the vaccine roll out is going so well. When the SSE arena opens as a vaccination centre in April the plan is to give 40k jabs a week across the country. Things are moving along nicely.
Do you have to be registred with your local doctor to get a jab or is everyone going to be contacted regardless?

acnumber9

Because England gave theirs and the Unionists want to tag in behind.
All that says to me is we will open when England opens but we cant say it
Can’t see it. Even if the DUP want that, which they will, I can’t see the rest agreeing to it. Which is probably the reason we don’t have any dates at all. They’ll have to barter over it first.

Deery

Dreary
Do you have to be registred with your local doctor to get a jab or is everyone going to be contacted regardless?
The GP can contact you to get the vaccine but they’re only doing the most vulnerable in society if you fall into the criteria on public announcement you can order a vaccination online and get it at a vaccination centre.

I think you need a health number as well.

https://covid-19.hscni.net/get-vaccinated/

Last edited:

poleglass red

Only in the north could a pre trial hearing be stopped by a district judge because someone interrupted the proceedings by mimicking Jamie Bryson's voice. Funny thing is the judge said that those without a legitimate interest in the case should not be accessing the remote viewing link. Wee Jamie was the one that posted the link on his twitter feed. I think anyone if they looked hard enough could have found it anyway, but he certainly made it easier.

Deery

Dreary

Wonder what this will mean, with all the graffiti aimed at Sinn Fenn councillors will they be aiming their violence at them?

Seems a bit over the top to me, don’t do what we want so we return to violence.

acnumber9

So they’ve said they can do 1000 vaccinations a week at the SSE. fecking cheek calling that a mass vaccination centre.

arnie_ni

Wonder what this will mean, with all the graffiti aimed at Sinn Fenn councillors will they be aiming their violence at them?

Seems a bit over the top to me, don’t do what we want so we return to violence.
If they put the border on the land between North and south the ira would be doing the same thing.

Neither group was going to be happy and were always going to try and use the threat of violence to try and get their way.

Hopefully it's only an empty threat from them.

Eire Red United

If they put the border on the land between North and south the ira would be doing the same thing.

Neither group was going to be happy and were always going to try and use the threat of violence to try and get their way.

They’ll do feck all though unless the cops/brits start helping them again. Although going by what went on in Belfast a few weeks ago that’s very possible.

Deery

Dreary
Looks like Michelle O’Neill and 3 others will not face any prosecution for attending Bobby Storeys funeral. Seems like a bit of a bullshit to me, one rule for us one rule for them.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks like Michelle O’Neill and 3 others will not face any prosecution for attending Bobby Storeys funeral. Seems like a bit of a bullshit to me, one rule for us one rule for them.

I wish I was surprised but I'm not. Might as well burn the COVID regulations now.

Deery

Dreary
I wish I was surprised but I'm not. Might as well burn the COVID regulations now.
It laughs and in the face of everyone whose missed a family members funeral because of Covid restrictions.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Yeah they arent doin shit. They are more concerned about their drugs not getting in

arnie_ni

Despicable act, still remember the day. The town had a fun run on.

Last edited:

Player Red

10 years.... Doesn't feel that long ago. Hopefully justice will be served some day.

Tiber

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0402/1207567-ronan-kerr-appeal/

I hope that the feckers get caught for this. My thoughts are with our former poster & his family
Depresses me the core of my soul that these people are walking among us without a care in the world. In most cases people know exactly who did it, some of them are in government ffs. Fairly sure there was a story about a local cllr voting against a memorial to the victims of a bomb, said cllr planted the bomb.

And the loyalist cnuts are just as bad. Hate the whole lot of them.

This country will never chnage. I'm a prod who is getting married in a Catholic church next year and I know for a fact a number of people attending have a huge issue with that

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Depresses me the core of my soul that these people are walking among us without a care in the world. In most cases people know exactly who did it, some of them are in government ffs. Fairly sure there was a story about a local cllr voting against a memorial to the victims of a bomb, said cllr planted the bomb.

And the loyalist cnuts are just as bad. Hate the whole lot of them.

This country will never chnage. I'm a prod who is getting married in a Catholic church next year and I know for a fact a number of people attending have a huge issue with that
feck them, my wife is catholic and I deliberately cut off a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins who will never change their ways. My family aren’t like that and I choose to bring my 2 kids up to not even think about discrimination in any way.

Tiber

feck them, my wife is catholic and I deliberately cut off a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins who will never change their ways. My family aren’t like that and I choose to bring my 2 kids up to not even think about discrimination in any way.
Thankfully its not immediate family, but I know there will be people on both sides who are unhappy. feck em.

Eh the whole country is a dead loss. My Mrs and I have been together 9 years and religion has never played any role in our relationship aside from wedding related BS. I don't even like the 12th or any of that shit. Id like to think most people in our generation feel the same, but looking around the internet and TV? I doubt it. One thing that should be mandatory is Integrated education, I believe in it so passionately. But if people learned to get along that wouldn't suit Stormont one bit.

But why should I expect anything to change when our politicians are such a disgrace. I'm unequivocally unionist and feel virtually no connection to the South at all, aside from thinking Dublin has quite a useful airport. But the idea of voting for the DUP makes me want to claw my own eyes out and the rest are no better. Little wonder nothing ever improves.

Atleast the golf courses are open again. Mad that they closed in the first place.

golden_blunder

Staff
Thankfully its not immediate family, but I know there will be people on both sides who are unhappy. feck em.

Eh the whole country is a dead loss. My Mrs and I have been together 9 years and religion has never played any role in our relationship aside from wedding related BS. I don't even like the 12th or any of that shit. Id like to think most people in our generation feel the same, but looking around the internet and TV? I doubt it. One thing that should be mandatory is Integrated education, I believe in it so passionately. But if people learned to get along that wouldn't suit Stormont one bit.

But why should I expect anything to change when our politicians are such a disgrace. I'm unequivocally unionist and feel virtually no connection to the South at all, aside from thinking Dublin has quite a useful airport. But the idea of voting for the DUP makes me want to claw my own eyes out and the rest are no better. Little wonder nothing ever improves.

Atleast the golf courses are open again. Mad that they closed in the first place.
I used to feel like you in regards to unionism, partly because I considered myself British and partly because SF were a disgrace. I mean in Derry they used to (I say used to because i haven’t lived there in 16 years) intimidate SDLP candidates too.

brexit has really opened my eyes though. The ‘U.K.’ is only about England in the eyes of the Tory party

Tiber

I used to feel like you in regards to unionism, partly because I considered myself British and partly because SF were a disgrace. I mean in Derry they used to (I say used to because i haven’t lived there in 16 years) intimidate SDLP candidates too.

brexit has really opened my eyes though. The ‘U.K.’ is only about England in the eyes of the Tory party
What Brexit has shown me is how little regard Dublin would have for the Unionist population if there ever was a United Ireland. Don't think il be changing sides anytime soon.

I do not support a land border, but the GFA also guarantees the rights of Unionists, something too often overlooked in recent in much of the recent discourse.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Staff
What Brexit has shown me is how little regard Dublin would have for the Unionist population if there ever was a United Ireland. Don't think il be changing sides anytime soon.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not quite there. I’m kinda lost politically