Nottingham Forest | Cooper sacked, Nuno takes charge

Santos J

Last season they had squad of 25 players 8n Championship. This season they bought 25 more. That is 50 players.
Where are all those players? I am not seeing that they are selling much.
They lost loads in the summer, they basically had to buy a new squad

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
They're putting together the most random collection of players I've ever seen.

Signing Keylor Navas and Jonjo Shelvey on the same day ffs :lol:
Technically they were signed a couple of days apart does that make it less incredulous?

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Shows how football life can be brutal. Henderson was firm no1 there, then comes injury and he is no2 now for the rest of the season.
Last season they had squad of 25 players 8n Championship. This season they bought 25 more. That is 50 players.
Where are all those players? I am not seeing that they are selling much.
There’s only 10 pages on this thread - it explains everything if you read through it. It’s quite exciting - bit like a feature length episode of Casualty combined with the Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash.

flappyjay

Shows how football life can be brutal. Henderson was firm no1 there, then comes injury and he is no2 now for the rest of the season.
He wants to live in a world where he has no competition, even forest of all clubs is showing him that a world like that doesn't exist.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I have to admit that I wanted / want Forest to get promoted and then stay up purely because of their name, before I focused on their manager, players etc.

Hopefully they can pull away from the bottom 3.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Fair enough - for us he’s the first name on the team sheet, the heartbeat and engine of the team. Signed for us at 8 years old and Roy Keane called him the most dedicated footballer he’s ever coached. Ryan is a bit of a throwback to the 70’s and 80’s when football was better. I’d rather see us relegated then sell Yatesy.
Can’t argue with it. A fan favourite is never going to get slander.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
They're putting together the most random collection of players I've ever seen.

Signing Keylor Navas and Jonjo Shelvey on the same day ffs :lol:
Reminds me of QPR back in the day getting Julio Cesar and Remy

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Can’t argue with it. A fan favourite is never going to get slander.
There are still Forest fans who think Yates is L1 standard at best, even after getting MOTM in Prem games. The Yaters are still around and pretty vocal.

BTW, what’s going on at your place? Some kind of transfer embargo? I thought United were nailed on for the auto’s this year? Heckinbottom is an ‘orrible chippy little sod but a bloody good manager.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
There are still Forest fans who think Yates is L1 standard at best, even after getting MOTM in Prem games. The Yaters are still around and pretty vocal.

BTW, what’s going on at your place? Some kind of transfer embargo? I thought United were nailed on for the auto’s this year? Heckinbottom is an ‘orrible chippy little sod but a bloody good manager.
And I’d agree with them.

All is fine this end, there’s a reason the likes of Berge and Ndiaye weren’t forced out on deadline day as many expected. Embargo sorted (nearly) and sat comfortably in autos.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
And I’d agree with them.

All is fine this end, there’s a reason the likes of Berge and Ndiaye weren’t forced out on deadline day as many expected. Embargo sorted (nearly) and sat comfortably in autos.
It all looked a bit odd from the outside - you haven’t spent massively and I think you are still getting parachute payments? Even so, with FFP being a rolling 3 year thing, the embargo made no sense - either way, barring an upset of titanic proportion, you are as good as promoted.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
It all looked a bit odd from the outside - you haven’t spent massively and I think you are still getting parachute payments? Even so, with FFP being a rolling 3 year thing, the embargo made no sense - either way, barring an upset of titanic proportion, you are as good as promoted.
Being in between owners is what’s caused it. Current owner didn’t want to pay what we owe. Thankfully it’s all out in the open now and we can look forward to what this billionaire wants to do with us.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I don't get why they need him. :lol:
Cooper had him at Swansea - he prefers going for players he‘s worked with. He’s a left sided forward - Lingard and Awoniyi are injured. Lewis o’Bryan is off to Blackburn on loan which leaves us with Dennis. No one what’s to be left with just Dennis.

caid

I kind of like them despite the many reasons they should piss me off. They're a bit cheaty, tetchy and cynical with lots of shirt pulling and professional fouls and diving but they stay clear of being dirty and making tackles that will injure people so i can kind of respect that in a 'if it was my team' kind of way. They have some good players that are quite fun to watch like Scarpa and the history helps.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I kind of like them despite the many reasons they should piss me off. They're a bit cheaty, tetchy and cynical with lots of shirt pulling and professional fouls and diving but they stay clear of being dirty and making tackles that will injure people so i can kind of respect that in a 'if it was my team' kind of way. They have some good players that are quite fun to watch like Scarpa and the history helps.
It’s just shithousing - all teams do it as you say, but you only notice it when it’s being done to you. Try following your opponents match day thread - it’s hysterical. The ref is always playing for the opposition and you should have had at least 3 penalties because the other team are just thugs.

Telsim

So their crest is actually a... cock? And I don't mean the Spurs one.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Glad they're staying up. Get spanked by United four times, take points from City, Arsenal, Pool, Chelsea etc. Perfect kind of PL club.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Watching fans celebrate staying up is one of the joys of the game.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fantastic scenes. Glad they're staying up.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Happy to see a historic club with actual ambition stay up. Just don't buy another brand new squad in the summer, focus on GK and get Dean for 50m

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Awoniyi scored 5 goals in the last 3 games to keep them up. He only had scored 5 in the previous 25 games.

Siorac

I'm glad they are staying up and not only because we beat them four times this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fair play to them.

Gibbs White was immense for them since World cup break. Felipe and Navas (after dodgy opening games) also proved invaluable top level experience to get the crucial points on the board.

City Ground in amazing voice yet again so that's where a historic club can add value to the premier league even if the quality on the pitch is indifferent.