Nottingham Forest | Cooper sacked, Nuno takes charge

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just in time for the game v United (doubt it but would be fun). You’re gonna love watching him @Forest Red

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Just in time for the game v United (doubt it but would be fun). You’re gonna love watching him @Forest Red

To be fare, I don’t know anything about the lad but on the face of it, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for us. We need a number six urgently but from what i’ve read he’s a box to box number 8. That puts him behind our own prodigy Danilo and Mangala. At least he doesn’t take a squad space though, but with no option to purchase there’s not a lot in it for us.

If this is in any way connected to a potential Johnson move to Chelsea then Cooper will lose a huge amount of goodwill from the fans.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
To be fare, I don’t know anything about the lad but on the face of it, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for us. We need a number six urgently but from what i’ve read he’s a box to box number 8. That puts him behind our own prodigy Danilo and Mangala. At least he doesn’t take a squad space though, but with no option to purchase there’s not a lot in it for us.

If this is in any way connected to a potential Johnson move to Chelsea then Cooper will lose a huge amount of goodwill from the fans.
He's both a 6 and an 8. He played exclusively as a sitting DM for us in preseason. I'm a slightly concerned about the fit from Santos' POV. He's a tenacious little fecker but he's also a DM that likes to get on the ball and spray the ball the around. Forest look like they prefer to play more direct football. Before Forest was mentioned, I thought a team like Brighton, if they didn't already have Gilmour, would have been ideal. Will be interesting to see how it goes though.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
He's both a 6 and an 8. He played exclusively as a sitting DM for us in preseason. I'm a slightly concerned about the fit from Santos' POV. He's a tenacious little fecker but he's also a DM that likes to get on the ball and spray the ball the around. Forest look like they prefer to play more direct football. Before Forest was mentioned, I thought a team like Brighton, if they didn't already have Gilmour, would have been ideal. Will be interesting to see how it goes though.
Thanks for that - him sitting as a number 6 makes more sense as we’ve been linked with half a dozen this window. One of the reasons we play direct is because we don’t have a 6 who can retain possession and start attacks. MGW tries to do it (when we sit deep) but gives the ball away too often. I think Coops is trying to get back to how we played in the Championship but with the better players needed in the Prem. Good to know he’s tenacious, he’ll be alongside Yatesy who’s a master of get your foot in, niggly, horrible shithousery.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thanks for that - him sitting as a number 6 makes more sense as we’ve been linked with half a dozen this window. One of the reasons we play direct is because we don’t have a 6 who can retain possession and start attacks. MGW tries to do it (when we sit deep) but gives the ball away too often. I think Coops is trying to get back to how we played in the Championship but with the better players needed in the Prem. Good to know he’s tenacious, he’ll be alongside Yatesy who’s a master of get your foot in, niggly, horrible shithousery.
Good to know. He’s had a very good preseason so he should be ready to go into the team straight away, if needed. I’m glad it’s a PL loan so I don’t have to go out of my way to watch him. Hope he smashes it.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Good to know. He’s had a very good preseason so he should be ready to go into the team straight away, if needed. I’m glad it’s a PL loan so I don’t have to go out of my way to watch him. Hope he smashes it.

It looks like the club really value the lad judging by the amount of media we’ve released today. The World Cup winner we signed yesterday did one interview and done. This lads had a walk on the pitch, listened to the pre-match Mull of Kintyre on his phone, shirt signings, meet the back room staff Etc etc. I’m looking forward to his debut.

SambaBoy

It looks like the club really value the lad judging by the amount of media we’ve released today. The World Cup winner we signed yesterday did one interview and done. This lads had a walk on the pitch, listened to the pre-match Mull of Kintyre on his phone, shirt signings, meet the back room staff Etc etc. I’m looking forward to his debut.
Probably because of the on-going allegations against him.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Probably because of the on-going allegations against him.
The allegations aren’t against him but another Montial (possibly a family member I would guess). We wouldn’t have signed him otherwise.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We loaned Santos to only other club in the league who like to buy players like it’s going out of fashion. Is it too late to recall him?

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Time for another post no one will be interested in - but we had not only a busy window, but, bloody successful one. I’m not saying it was the best window, but it’s in the top one!

All our problem areas were addressed and upgraded - so in the order they arrived:

Ola Aina 26 RB/LB Free - LB was a major issue. Lodi wanted CL football, Richards has one leg and Toffolo is facing gambling charges and a possible ban. Aina’s actually really good.

Anthony Elanga 21 £15m - Do, do do Anthony Elanga, do do do Anthony Elanga. It escapes me who we got him from but we had their pants down.

Matt Turner GK 29 £7m - He’ll do! U-S-A, U-S-A

Gonzalo Montiel RB 26 loan - Serge is a bit mad, Nico a bit crap. Let’s get a WC winning RB in.

Santos CDM 19 Loan. I think we got this lad in because the Sangare was touch and go. We ended up with both - Sorry Chelsea, we’ll find something productive for him to do!

Murillo CB 21 £10m Felipe’s replacement for next year and someone to keep Danilo company.

Deadline day shenanigans

Nuno Tavares LB 23 Loan - Well we did need a LB, but the one that got substituted in the first half of that FA cup game at the City Ground in our promotion year wouldn’t be my first choice

Nicolas Dominguez M 25 (swapped Frueler) M - We needed a major upgrade in midfield so we can actually keep the ball. This lad is good. Mangala has got some serious competition.

Divock Origi S 28 Loan - This came out of leftfield but as cover for Awoniyi, this is a great acquisition. We’ve got a really cheap option when the loan expires too.

Callum Hudson-Odoi M 22 £3m - Another of Coopers WC winning side comes home. Could be signing of the season or could have his own bed in the infirmary.

Odysseus Vlachodimas GK £3m - He’ll do

Ibrahim Sangare CDM £30m - we had to get BJ out the door to get this done but what a bloody signing. We knew it was happening because locals reported the CG floodlights switched on late that night.

Andrew Omobamidi CB 21 £11m - Willy Boly’s replacement next year. The first bid went in a couple of hours before the deadline.

And the Outs:

Scarpa - Loan Olympiacos - The poor bloke can’t catch a break. Needed a preseason to kick on - got injured.

Omar Richards - Broken LB loan to Olympiacos - apparently grown a new leg

Biancone - Broken RB Loan Olympiacos. Did his ACL in preseason 2022

O’Brien - Loan Boro - he’s just not quite good enough.

Frueler - Swap deal Bologna - decent player but not quite quick enough for the Prem. Needs more time on the ball then the Prem allows.

Brennan Johnson - do do do Anthony Elanga.

Heres to no more park the bus and to playing teams off the park with skill and verve!

TheReligion

Abusive
Nottingham Forest's woes are piling up - following a litter warning from Fulham's local council. A security lanyard belonging to Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis was hurled into a bush outside Craven Cottage on Wednesday after the Midlands club was trashed 5-0.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The problem they have is that they're the 17th best team in the division, 16th at a push.

The Urban Goose

The problem they have is that they're the 17th best team in the division, 16th at a push.
From what I've been told by friends in Nottingham, they're trying to emulate our Woodward era - the guy in charge of recruitment is the owner's son.

TwoSheds

From what I've been told by friends in Nottingham, they're trying to emulate our Woodward era - the guy in charge of recruitment is the owner's son.
Nice. Fire up Football Manager and get me some wonderkids!

Robbie Boy

1 win in their last 11 and they've lost the last 4. Today's game against Wolves is a big 'un.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Not true - Ross Wilson and the recruitment team are in charge. The owners son has a say not the final say.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Nottingham Forest's woes are piling up - following a litter warning from Fulham's local council. A security lanyard belonging to Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis was hurled into a bush outside Craven Cottage on Wednesday after the Midlands club was trashed 5-0.
There are various rumours flying about as to what’s going on. The only thing that I know has been confirmed is that there has been a falling out between the club captain Worrall and Cooper. It doesn’t explain why the team seemed to have downed tools for the last few matches.

The are also fairly strong rumours that the relationship between Cooper and Marikanis is not good. Marikanis has wanted to sack Cooper for a while but is worried about the supporters reaction. The fans at Fulham sang Coopers name even at 5 nil down - Marikanis left mid 2nd half - and yes apparently chucked his lanyard in a garden.

Either way, I fully expect us to lose today and Cooper get sacked. After that, I can’t see Marikanis being welcome at the City Ground anytime soon and the next manager will have to deal with crowd singing the previous managers name.

It’s a mess

The Urban Goose

Not true - Ross Wilson and the recruitment team are in charge. The owners son has a say not the final say.
Ok, so he is actually Woodward then.

Flippancy aside, I hope you lot pull out of this and Cooper keeps his job, I work in Nottingham and he seems to have had a big impact on the city.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Always had a soft spot for Forest and I like Cooper.
Players are cnuts if they down tools.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Ok, so he is actually Woodward then.

Flippancy aside, I hope you lot pull out of this and Cooper keeps his job, I work in Nottingham and he seems to have had a big impact on the city.
What Coops has done is off the pitch is without parallel - the club was a feckin shambles before Coops and Dane Murphy arrived. it’s been a while since I could say I’m proud to support Forest.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is there much difference between what they put out and Wolves. Or Palace? I guess with mid table teams they'll never be that much difference in terms of points even if one is 16th and the other 12th as say Fulham are and there isn't that much difference between them and Forest generally this season (apart from the 5-0 of course!)

Their big issue is they sold Brennan Johnson and needed to keep Awoniyi fit and he's out for months again. Don't think Cooper is getting the defensive selections right either.

Think they'll make a change and if it's Lopetegui that's a pretty good replacement based on his Wolves work.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There are various rumours flying about as to what’s going on. The only thing that I know has been confirmed is that there has been a falling out between the club captain Worrall and Cooper. It doesn’t explain why the team seemed to have downed tools for the last few matches.

The are also fairly strong rumours that the relationship between Cooper and Marikanis is not good. Marikanis has wanted to sack Cooper for a while but is worried about the supporters reaction. The fans at Fulham sang Coopers name even at 5 nil down - Marikanis left mid 2nd half - and yes apparently chucked his lanyard in a garden.

Either way, I fully expect us to lose today and Cooper get sacked. After that, I can’t see Marikanis being welcome at the City Ground anytime soon and the next manager will have to deal with crowd singing the previous managers name.

It’s a mess
Strange what's going on there. Worrall had the terrible family tragedy in August but he wanted to play v Chelsea and was magnificent. He was also a regular last season so while him and McKenna felt like a walking error they are still experience so you'd surely want them involved.

Can see them going to a back 3 today and trying to scramble a 0-0 or 1-1 which is possible as Wolves aren't huge scorers.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Strange what's going on there. Worrall had the terrible family tragedy in August but he wanted to play v Chelsea and was magnificent. He was also a regular last season so while him and McKenna felt like a walking error they are still experience so you'd surely want them involved.

Can see them going to a back 3 today and trying to scramble a 0-0 or 1-1 which is possible as Wolves aren't huge scorers.
Worrall was great against Chelsea but on the other hand he was awful vs Luton - giving two goals away when we were two up. The other issue is this coincided with Murillo‘s arrival in the first team. In terms of partnering Murillo, Worrall is 4th choice behind Boly, Niakhate and Filipe.

Worrall throwing his toys out the pram is just not like him, he’s as mature and level headed as they come? Who knows?

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Is there much difference between what they put out and Wolves. Or Palace? I guess with mid table teams they'll never be that much difference in terms of points even if one is 16th and the other 12th as say Fulham are and there isn't that much difference between them and Forest generally this season (apart from the 5-0 of course!)

Their big issue is they sold Brennan Johnson and needed to keep Awoniyi fit and he's out for months again. Don't think Cooper is getting the defensive selections right either.

Think they'll make a change and if it's Lopetegui that's a pretty good replacement based on his Wolves work.
The rumour going round is that Lopetegui has already turned us down and some Austrian called Glastner (Sp?) has been contacted. Either way, we seem to be going back to the manager merry go round BS - he’ll be gone in 12 months when we get relegated.

needless to say - I’d rather get relegated with Coops in charge then endure a succession of faceless euro managers who see the club as nothing more then a stepping stone

TwoSheds

I would suggest there is yes. They're clearly better than the 3 promoted teams to my eyes but them and possibly Bournemouth are the worst of the rest in my book (now that Everton have hit on something that's working). It's a very competitive league this year (see Palace currently beating Liverpool) so it doesn't make Forest a bad team, they're just not at a level where I could see them kicking on. I do take the point about Awoniyi's injury though, I'm a fan of his, but the teams above them wouldn't be picking the likes of Ryan Yates in midfield every week and all have better keepers as examples.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I would suggest there is yes. They're clearly better than the 3 promoted teams to my eyes but them and possibly Bournemouth are the worst of the rest in my book (now that Everton have hit on something that's working). It's a very competitive league this year (see Palace currently beating Liverpool) so it doesn't make Forest a bad team, they're just not at a level where I could see them kicking on. I do take the point about Awoniyi's injury though, I'm a fan of his, but the teams above them wouldn't be picking the likes of Ryan Yates in midfield every week and all have better keepers as examples.
Ryan Yates has started once since beginning of October. The first choice midfield is Mangala, Sangare and either Dominguez or Danilo.

TwoSheds

Ryan Yates has started once since beginning of October. The first choice midfield is Mangala, Sangare and either Dominguez or Danilo.
Fair enough. I still don't think it's got the quality of some of the other clubs around you. Everton have Garner, Doucoure and Gana for example, Fulham have Palhinha.

Santos J

Shame for Cooper but had to happen really, Nuno will make them solid enough to stay up I reckon but would've liked to have seen them go for Glasner who was linked quite a bit. Marinakis and Mendes probably get along great though so probably some involvement there.

Last edited:

CallyRed

Missed a trick with not getting Big Sam in. He knows exactly what they need.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Shame for Cooper but had to happen really, Nuno will make them solid enough to stay up I reckon but would've liked to have seen them go for Glasner who was linked quite a bit. Marinakis and Mendes probably get along great though so probably some involvement there.
They'd have stayed up with Cooper in fairness. Nuno has a very easy job this season, their squad is miles better than the bottom 3's.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
It’s not official as yet. But if the stories are correct then the club can feck off - I’m done - back sacking managers every12 months and a basket case of a club. Saturday is going to be toxic at the city ground.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It’s not official as yet. But if the stories are correct then the club can feck off - I’m done - back sacking managers every12 months and a basket case of a club. Saturday is going to be toxic at the city ground.
Isn't this the dude who bought about 3 million players and still can't figure out a consistent starting 11?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Forest have won 1 away game since January this year. Guess who that was against? :(